Delta Hotel - Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
Golden Age Hotel(Yalikavak)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsa la carte restaurantsanimation teamsea viewmain restaurantsnack barturkish bathfamily roommain poolsteam roomlate breakfastprivate beachend of the seasonwaitersdeckingholidaybodrumcabaret
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is an excellent hotel and the recent refurbishment in 2013, especially to the rooms and the main buffet restaurant, was to a very high standard. The sun lounge area on the decking area was superb, slight breeze with a fantastic view of the ocean. We never felt that the hotel was too crowed in terms of acquiring sun beds. The hotel resort was sufficiently sized so that it was never to far to commute around the hotel.

The standard of our room with sea view was absolutely excellent and the standard of cleanliness was outstanding. We experienced a very high level of service from staff where they were extremely helpful, friendly and committed to providing an excellent service in order to make our stay very comfortable. I feel that an earlier negative comment in a review regarding young staff is very unfair. In our experience, yes there was some young staff and some more experienced staff, both of which were absolutely excellent in the delivery and were very hard working, especially the younger members of staff!

One of the main reasons, in our view, why this hotel is so excellent, is that the management were superb in how they looked after their customers. The hotel manager was visible and hands on and ultimately ran an excellent hotel where it was evident that his exacting high standards were shown throughout the organisation. We felt very well looked after and would personally like to thank the hotel manager for his hospitality and genuine desire to ensure that our holiday in Turkey was very enjoyable.

If you are looking for a fantastic holiday in Turkey, we would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Visit Yalikavak as it is a beautiful town. Make sure you visit the marina which is absolutely beautiful. If you do want to eat out there are some fantastic restaurants in the old town section of the marina. In the new section of the marina, the restaurants are extremely expensive. The food in the hotel was also excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank anne C
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Well if you like food, it is a great place to be, but i am afraid that the place has to many rules for a 5 star hotel, which of course are needed when you have a stampede of people at the hotel. The staff is friendly but unfortunately do not have skills in the touristic sector with the majority of them being kids who finished school and are looking for a summer job, their English is less then basic and their customer care especially at the reception is pretty weak. The location is ok if you are going to stay at the hotel for your whole stay, but not convenient if you have to go around Bodrum which i highly recommend as it is a fantastic place to visit, we did Jeep safari, fishing on boat, Bodrum City ( fantastic place and fantastic people), went also to rhodes for a day. The hotel has very good activities with animation for those who like to be entertained during the day, very cheap cabaret and entertainment in the evening. The private beach is nice but too small for a Full up Hotel, and you would need to look around to find a free deck chair! Well may be because it is peak season, that is july! I did not feel like i am in a 5 star hotel, though it says from the Ministry of Tourism that it is a 5 star resort, but then again, this is all a matter of expectations. My biggest disappointment was the "standard" room, which we complained heavily and wasn't for our agent who managed to upgrade us in a deluxe room ( please note it was nothing else than the real standard room) we would have stayed for all our stay in a dark dull grey painted bare room, with unfinished decor inside and a rusted shower! Will not go again there for sure.

Room Tip: Do not go for the Standard rooms, they are below 5 star quality, get at least a deluxe room, which would look like a normal standard 5 star room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have just come back from a holiday with my son and his two children. It was very late when we arrived and I was given a room in the older part of the hotel. My son was accommodated in a completely different part of the building and I had to look for them the next morning. I really thought that when you booked together you would be put near one another.

My room was nice but air conditioning almost useless - tried to get it fixed but ended up having to leave the balcony window open. However my son's room was absolutely lovely, very modern and spacey with super air conditioning. I did try and change rooms but without success as the hotel was full.

The food in the hotel was good. Tried the Italian but was not really very impressed with it all. The Ottoman restaurant was good and the fish restaurant very good and I would recommend that you go there if you like fish - the views from all restaurants are good.

I think the hotel is great for families lots to do and plenty of different kinds of sunbeds and places to escape to when the weather gets too hot.

Staff in the hotel are friendly and helpful. All in all I would recommend the hotel but if I went back I would definitely upgrade to a more expensive room - did not see them but I would not want to go into some of the other rooms as some had no view and some did not even have a window or balcony.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room with a view and a balcony some of the inner rooms have balconies facing other balconies and some have no balconys at all. Ask not to be put in the area near reception as air conditioning is useless.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susanner_11
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a great hotel having been refurbished for 2013. Rooms are very spaciouse and comfortable, The bathroom area is excellent and all facilities provided. The staff,rooms,and food are excellent.The standard of clenliness is excellent and staff bend over backwards to assist, any issues they cant small or large is delt with in a proffesional way. All facilities from pool to beech and decking is fgit for a king, will deffinetly book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of hotel are quieter. But would recommened that you select a pool and see view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David J
Reviewed June 23, 2013

After renovation and new management this hotel turned just great
I smiled at the moment I entered Delta hotel and never stopped smiling for a week.
The gardens are heavenly!The sea and the view- breath-taking!
Food- soo good!Every day something different and interesting apart from the usual
Animation team-well my 5 year old cried when she had to leave them.Special thanks to Arkan
Just to point out some things that really made impression: the sand on the sea bottom that they brought from somewhere(because Bodrum although a great place, has unpleasant sea bottom at entering the seas- stones that cut badly).And here they had sand platform on entering the sea.Many higher class hotels don't do that effort and when with kids, this is so important.
It makes very good credit to the management that they didn't try to save money,but hired really a lot of personnel and everything is well organised and very clean.
It's very international hotel actually- they count counntries every evening show and it's like people from 12-15 countries, not just Russians or German.And the shows- we all took part, oh my face still aches with laughter.
Loved "The White Night party" on the beach.Do more beach parties.Really so nice!
Just not to sound too positive,if you like to sleep in the afternoon,it's not possible.Animation is all day.Very loud music.But it's Bodrum and it's about partying:)

Room Tip: Delux sea view room,really.If you want to save some money and go without the view, it's just saving nothing but losing the great atmospere
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family