“fantastic holiday”
Review of Family Belvedere

Family Belvedere
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Yalikavak
Reviewed June 12, 2013

well,,, what can i say ,,,, i took my 3 children on holiday myself to family belvedere in yalikavak on the 27th may 2013 for 1 wk ... we arrived very late at night after a long flight to be welcomed by a friendly young man who checked us in ,with no problem. the night porter carried 2 of our heavy suitcases to our room and spent 15 mins showing me how to use the safe which only cost 20tl . they also provided food and water too, which i thought was very thoughtful ! the beds were very comfortable and we all slept well. omg! when we woke up in the morning the views were stunning! breakfast was fit for a king,,, they tried to have something for everyone ! i loved fresh bread feta cheese and olives . my daughter had cereal and boiled egg was my sons fav . our room was spacious and clean and roomservice kept it like that for the duration of our stay.yes there were a lot of stairs but we never found it a problem and it was enjoyable to walk to the beach. the hotel offers a free bus to the beach. The village of yalikavak is beautiful with a marina at the bottom. lunch and dinner was good ! i think they did well in trying to cater for all of us and they get top marks from my wee family! The staff were amazing! i will keep sweet memories of them for a very long time. I can say with my hand on heart that our wee week in may was the best holiday we have ever had! cant wait till we go bk. We bumped into a few people who come and meet up every year ! some from England (Kath and allan) met up with a lovely family from holland. Some of the reports that i read about this hotel was unjust! you wont be disappointed but you will leave with fabby memories !!!!! Enjoy ! xx

Room Tip: We had a south facing room (203) It was just perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank elizabeth1966-3
There are newer reviews for Family Belvedere

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Looking at the reviews before I came here I was worried about my stay. When I arrived the staff catered for our needs and ensured we were satified with our rooms. The staff here are brilliant and very genuine...the entertainers for the children were excellent and enabled myself and friends to relax. The food is not brilliant but is good enough for the price you pay. I would advice anyone who comes here to attend the boat trip it is awesome.
If you have the opportunity to go to any clubs go. ..the night life is buzzing and the staff take good care of you.
When going to any markets..make you you haggle with the people...when you are foreign they will take advantage.
The views here are amazing and when it came to the end of my stay I actually realised that I didnt want to go...good value for money I would definately return..made good friends with the staff..and will remain in contact.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Toyah86
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was a great location and has breathtaking views

We were all inc - and the food was a little same old...but was bearable and alsways found something to eat.

The staff are lovely and very helpful

There is a free bus into the Village each day-- but you have to walk back...

Beautiful place - boring food ...but great location

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank michellecoston
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel was ok.. Food wasn't that good.. We spent mistype our holiday in yalikavak town.. Oh n get taxis because hotel is basically on top of a mountain... Beach is a good ten
Minute walk all down hill tho.. There is plenty to do in town and it comes alive at night.. Hope this helps..

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank nellystoy
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Drink and cleaning services are really bad. Waterpipe of above room has broken, we could swim in our room but they didnt clean and repair for 30 hours. They serve low quality frozen meatballs at dinner. Small motel would be better than this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank Tagyk
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a really nice hotel set on the side of a very steep hill. Definitely not for those with mobility problems, although there is a regular bus service from the hotel to the centre (2tl) or taxi (15tl). Stayed for 2 weeks at the end of June and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yalikavak is, apparently, the place where the Turkish go for their annual summer holidays and there were a good number of them staying here - although I found that the majority of guests were Dutch and German. One thing about Yalikavak is that, due to it's location, there is a constant pleasant breeze - much needed when the average temperature is around 37C. Food is, as usual for all-inclusive, buffet style, and was acceptable and plentiful. We visited a number of restaurants and cafes in Yalikavak centre and found them reasonably priced (full sea bass or sea bream can be found for around £5.00!). You don't get hassled by the restaurant or shop owners, which makes a nice change. As for the restaurants, most seem to be beach-front and similar price-wise - very reasonable and good quality food. I would recommend the Cafe Minor - quite far up the beach, you have to walk past most of the popular restaurants, but it is worth it as they have excellent live jazz - easy listening whilst you relax on their beach sofas. One thing to note is that all restaurants are happy for you to just have drinks without eating there. I will definitely be going back to Yalikavak next year, although will maybe look for a hotel that isn't quite so far up the hill. One more thing, if you intend to buy duty-free goods, buy them on the way out from England, as Bodrum airport duty-free is quite expensive in comparison.

Room Tip: "Garden view" rooms don't have as nice a balcony as the "sea view" rooms - d...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Peter J
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Unless you have a walking problem the hotel is excellent, otherwise you need to ask for a room at a low level. The property is not realistically accessible on foot, however there are regular bus services to the town & the beach. The staff are all helpful and the manager is very hands-on. The pool is the cleanest we have experienced and is well maintained. The food can get a little repetitive with meatballs and chicken, but the salads are excellent. The whole place is immaculate. The develpoment is expanding on an annual basis without sacrificing service levels for size. Not many other English visitors, which can be a bonus. A terrific introduction to Turkey.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be up a steep hill. Preorder if necessary.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family