“Beautiful Property, Far from beach and the city, great waitstaff.”

4reasons hotel+bistro
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Yalikavak
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Beautiful Property, Far from beach and the city, great waitstaff.”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

First of all, we stayed in 4 different hotels in Bodrum within a 2 week period. And, it turns out that no matter the star of the hotel, they don't offer toilet accessories, so bring your own shampoo and soap. Now, about 4Reasons: It's a beautiful property. It is far from the beach, not right "on" the beach like other resorts that cost the same amount are. It was a 20 km drive away from Bodrum City, which is where the life of the parties are. Yalikavak is quiet and that's okay if you're into that. But, as 2 single females, we could have gotten bored if we stayed more than 3 nights. The staff is amazing. I fell down their stairs, walking towards dinner, on my first night there, and broke my foot. The waitstaff carried me and took me to the ER and waited with me at the clinic during my x-rays and while the cast was applied. The owner, Esra, is also amazing. She offered to change my room to a ground floor room so that I wouldn't have to hop on the stairs with my cast and crutches. There is a woman in reception, Deniz, who is quite cold and rude. Also, when first entering the hotel, the car park is a good distance away from the reception with a gravel path. So if you have suitcases with wheels, it is a challenge to bring your luggage in, and there isn't any staff at the entrance to help you bring it in. My suitcase fell over twice on my way in. The food was delicious! I especially love the Mushroom Fettuccine. And, all the waitstaff were extra attentive to care for me for my 3 days there. They brought breakfast to my room since I couldn't walk to the restaurant/pool area. Esra's friend, Ali, was working there while we were there. He was very charming and helpful too. The internet would go out throughout the day and he would promptly come into the room to help out with getting me connected again. This hotel draws very nice guests too, very classy guests. We met a wonderful English family that was super sweet to us. We also met a great, young, English couple. And, by surprise, bumped into our colleagues there who were on holiday too! I suggest to stay here for a few nights, and spend the rest of your holiday in Bodrum City or Gumbet City. Also, you can easily get a "Dolmus" (minibus) from Bodrum City Center to Yalikavak, which costs alot less than taking a taxi. The hotel property could use a hot tub, so hopefully, they'll consider building one in before we visit again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We had a lovely stay at 4Reasons,it is the first time that I regretted to leave such a peaceful place after a 10 nights stay!Nice architecture of the stone cottages set in a garden and around the pool.
Positive points: professionnal and helpful staff, from the reception to the bar&bistro staff and not forgetting the room valets.The managers Ali and Esra and their shy dog (Cookie)made me feel like at home.All the staff is here to answer all your needs.Special mention to Birol (the bar manager)who takes care of all the guests with such a sincere and friendly attitude, he always has a kind word with everybody and speaks good English.The food at the restaurant is simply delicious and not more expensive than a restaurant in Yalikavak village.They have a very gifted young chef, don't miss a dinner at the bistro with the candle lights! Our room was very spacious, the bed is so comfortable and you sleep in quietness:no noise at all, no loudy music like in Bodrum, no cars passing by, only silence!
To be improved:as we checked in very late, the taxi (by the way, the fare is 60 Euros from the airport!) had difficulty to find the hotel as it is located on a hill and the indications are so small that it is impossible to find your way alone and at night.Please make the signboard bigger on the roads!
Yalikavak is such a cute small village, with nice and free beaches (free access to sun chairs and umbrellas, you just pay your drinks), try the Mercan bar and its opposite beach with big colourful pillows.
Finally, a car is recommended to move everyday as the distance between the hotel and the village is far (20 minutes walk can be long when it's 35 °C!) and you can drive to other beaches like in Golturkbuku and Gumusluk, and Bodrum of course to experience night life (18km).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We just returned from a two week stay in Turkey with our seventeen year old son. We ended the trip with a three night stay at the 4Reasons in Yalikavak. This hotel is a gorgeous boutique hotel. There were beds around the pool, a great restaurant, a pool table and game room right off the pool which my son and I used quite a bit. The hotel is not great for families with smaller kids as it is pretty laid back, but it is perfect for families with older kids, couples and anyone else looking to chill in an absolutely exquisite setting. The manager of the pool/restaurant area is Birol (pronounced "Beer-ol"). He was gracious and attended to our every need. He also is the top bartender in Turkey and finished third in the European bartending competition; so you should expect excellent drinks. The hotel advertises that it is within 500 meters of a beach. That is true, but it is not a beach by US standards. We went there and decided it was not a place to lounge for any extended period of time. There are private beaches that are somewhat expensive nearby. The best alternative we found was to take a short taxi to Gundogan for about TL20. They had sandy beaches and lots of cafes. Yalikavak is quite beautiful and offered a quieter alternative than staying in Bodrum proper. We found it quite easy to take the Dolmus (small bus) into Bodrum which cost TL4 each and took about 45 minutes. Our one criticism was the room. We rented the functional suite; it was not particularly functional. It would have been nice if it had a sitting area. It was really just two connected single rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
United States
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Great mid-sized boutique hotel. Five minute walk to beach, 15 minutes to town (it's really not that far). Loved the spacious rooms, great restaurant, beautiful pool. Staff were extremely helpful and nice. We rented a car, which I think made the whole trip better. Yalikavak itself is cute with relaxed beaches - definitely good for kids and families. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Just returned from a very relaxing week at the 4 Reason....wonderful hotel, great for recharging the batteries and just kicking back
Good bits - the hotel. Well designed, lovely lush gardens & so chilled out. Lie out in the sun by the crystal clear pool, laze in the hammock under the palm trees or if your feeling your inner child, have a go on the trampoline!
Not so good bits - Drinks & food is really overpriced at this hotel. Food is OK but if you can be bothered to walk into to town you can have equally good food for a fraction of the price. Yalikavak is not going to win any prizes for the prettiest town of the year...beautiful from a distance but close up, un-finished, unkempt & the beaches we came across were small & dirty.....hence why we stayed mostly by the pool.
Tips - you don't have to pay for a pricey taxi from the airport to the hotel. I suggest a taxi into Bodrum to the bus station then a mini bus into Yalikavak & from there a taxi or minibus up to the hotel...sounds alot of hassle but its very easy & is about half the price. I've not tried it but you can book a transfer at resorthoppa.com as well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Izmir
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We've been there for 3 days during April. The reason why I selected this place is for we were looking for a quite getaway from the city. We had a little trouble to find the hotel eventhough we were familiar with the area, however, hearing just the wind and natural noises was priceless. It was a very refreshing holiday for me and for my wife as well. Staff was friendly, the place was very beautiful and breakfeast was very good.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Innsbruck, Austria
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I never write travel reviews, but this boutique is definitly worth mentioning. A stylish but still family oriented hotel where one quickly can feel at home by the Turqish Canadian owners. Previously corporate executives as well, they understand what busy people really need to relax. An incredibly warm and personal approach, delicious food (owners pretend it's mere down to earth but don't be fooled, it's great), attentive and more than friendly staff, combined with an honest approach to all your real needs. Ask for activities in the area, that weird artist who lives in an abonded village, or the latest regatta, you will get full service to your questions and more. A place where I would have loved to stay many more days.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yalikavak
Delta Beach Resort
#1 of 98 in Bodrum City
Golden Age Hotel
Golden Age Hotel
#7 of 35 in Yalikavak

Been to 4reasons hotel+bistro? Share your experiences!