“Greatest staff encountered on our holiday”

4reasons hotel+bistro
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Yalikavak
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Top service from top people from start to finish. Ali, Ahmet, Birol, Serhat and the big silent chef headed up the most amazing team. What attention we received and a truly remarkable experience because of it.
The setting is idyllic with great views and stunning sunsets and a magnificent pool and gardens. All contributing to a relaxing al round experience.
We ate here every night of our 4 night stay and enjoyed every mouthful. The seafood BBQ was a highlight. Per and post dinner cocktails recommended and prepared by Briol really set the nights apart. The Briol - Serhat team is like no other. We miss them already. A special mention to Ali who expertly made me a dentist appointment with the best and nicest dentist I could ever hope to find away from home. Ali made sure the quality met my exacting standards.
Ali and Ahmet also arranged transfers, provided invaluable information and assisted with our every need.
I highly recommend the 4reasons for all the above and much more!

Room Tip: Choose a top floor with commanding views
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel was delightful. beautiful,serene rooms fabulous flowers everywhere and the landscaping gave lots of pretty areas to sit and relax. The pool was a perfect temperature with plenty of loungers and sunshades. The staff were friendly and mostly efficient. Breakfast was a good spread though little change from day to day. We ate in the Bistro the first night and I had the worst Fettucine I have ever eaten. When asked if I had enjoyed it I said no and after my description of what was wrong they said that I would not be charged and offered free deserts which we turned down. My husband's meat was overcooked and tough but we didn't like to complain. We returned a further night to give them a second chance but again my husband's meat was overcooked and tough. Their barbecues and 3 times the price of the restaurants in town. What a shame that such a delightful and pleasing hotel can't find a chef to come up to standard.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a suite with a balcony and additional seating area indoors.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is everything you'll ever want. Quiet, stunning, attentive & functioning. I have just returned from my second stay here and am already looking forward to going back. On my first stay I took my Mother but this time I've spent a fabulous 5 days with my husband and a couple of our friends. We lay by the pool in the day and in the evenings tried restaurants (and shopping) recommended and organised by the staff in Yalikavak and Bodrum. Every night was a triumph finished off by returning to the pool bar for drinks and great music!
From start to finish nothing is too much trouble for the staff at 4 Reasons, they organised airport transfers, cabs into Yalikavak and private cars (more comfortable for the distance) into Bodrum. Booked tables at restaurants and informed drivers where to drop us and where to pick us up.
The rooms are unbelievably clean and checked throughout the day and the beds are unusually comfortable!
The thing that makes this hotel so lovely is not just the standard of rooms, stunning views and good food but the staff. There is not just a level of service here but a passion to do a job well, it's important to them that they get it right for you. We didn't find ourselves constantly hassled by over-attentive staff badgering us about whether we needed something, they just seemed to know when we did! They simply try to give you what you want the way you want it done.
If you want a quiet and relaxing time then I can't recommend anywhere else and would urge you to spend at least one evening at the hotel to eat some beautiful Turkish dishes, watch a glorious sunset and then move to the bar to be cared for by Birol and Serhat. They need little encouragement to create you whatever cocktail you like (if you want Pina Colada then take your own can of coconut milk for them as Turkey doesn't have it!). They work tirelessly and will be the first people to greet you in the morning and the last to say goodnight. These two wonderful people completed our holiday and when it was time to leave we all felt we were saying goodbye to friends.

Room Tip: Have only stayed in the junior suites but both have been superb with fabulous views of the hills and...
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a relaxing holiday at a boutique hotel in the sun. We both work in the city and were a bit burnt out, so when we came across the 4reasons in an article on the Guardian we were sold, esp. when we read the reviews on tripadvisor.

You never truly know what you are going to get when you book a hotel but were absolutely delighted.

I must say the view was incredible, especially at sunset. You see the whole bay and marina and it is truly magical to watch esp with one of their famous cocktails (prepared by Turkey’s top mixologist).

The hotel is beautiful designed, fresh and chic – the owner is an interior designer and you could tell by the thought taken in the design of not only the bedrooms, pool and bar but also in the perfectly manicured gardens and common areas in the hotel.

The food was delicious and fresh, the breakfasts a real treat. But overall it was the staff that made the holiday. Most of the hotels reviews (even those ranked more highly than the 4reasons) slated the service but this most definitely doesn't apply here.

We heard the owners really looked after the staff and carefully head hunted them all and you could really tell. They were so thoughtful and friendly yet not invasive. We later stayed at the luxury resort the Macakizi – but the service was not a patch on the 4reasons.

I’m rarely moved enough to write a review on Trip Advisor but really felt they deserved it.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from 7 nights here in early June. We loved the pool - really big and loads of loungers, the food (which was much better than the food we had in local restaurants), our large room and the really friendly staff. Cons: directions they gave on google maps are very basic and we got lost driving there at night - you need sat nav or to be given much clearer directions, also there was hardly any storage space so we had to keep lots of our things in our suitcase all week. Would highly recommend this place if you want to just chill out - read, swim, laze and spend most of your time in the hotel. Nearby Yalikavak isn't as classy as the hotel so don't expect a simple fishing village like we did - it's a bit like a tourist destination from the 1970s although quite sweet at night. You definitely need a car in our opinion - it's very hilly and we definitely didn't fancy walking to the town in 30 degrees.

Room Tip: We had a casual room some of them have balconies but most don't so do request one and they'l...
1  Thank AlanaSiddique
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My partner and I booked 7 nights at the 4reasons for a much needed relaxing holiday. The idea was to spend our days on the beach but in the end we never left the poolside. We just didn't need, or want, to leave. The service at the hotel is impeccable, friendly, and they helped with every request including sneaking in a late breakfast if we slept in late. Staying here you enjoy the peace and tranquility of your own luxury villa, but with the added benefit of a handful of other people relaxing around you, and being waited on hand and foot! We booked a junior suite, which was spacious and comfortable, which made it pretty difficult to get up in the mornings.

The location is a 5 minute drive from Yalikavak town centre. We had a car but barely used it and would advise others to consider just using taxis and airport transfer. As stated in other reviews the views from the pool and restaurant are incredible, especially at sunset. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and there is an area next to the water feature (complete with its own singing frogs!), which is used for yoga and massages upon request, although we were far too busy lounging by the pool all day reading books from the hotel's library and relaxing to music in the outdoor bar to take advantage of those additional facilities.

We have to mention the food and drink, which was available around the clock and carefully prepared using local ingredients. The menu consists of a mixture of well-executed, traditional Turkish dishes and some western favourites, but always with a twist. A BBQ of traditional Turkish food one night was a particular highlight. The two dedicated barmen, Biro and Serhat, created all sorts of wonderful cocktails pre- and post-dinner for us on request, and then would gladly blend a fresh fruit smoothie to help with recovery the next day.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed in 6 amazing hotels on our honeymoon and the 4 Reasons was our favorite by far, even better than the pictures and descriptions! The hotel does an excellent job of being a complete package. The view is amazing, the rooms are perfectly clean and nicely appointed, the staff is spectacular, the food and drinks are delicious, and the pool is amazing. We could have spent 100% of our time in Bodrum here and enjoyed ourselves immensely but combined with a car it was an excellent base of operations for our explorations of the rest of the peninsula.

There's so much to love about this place but I'd like to call out the bartenders in particular. They went out of their way to provide an amazing experience for the food and drinks we had there including making adventurous off menu cocktails. I recommend asking for a "Champion" if you're interested in an amazing, well balanced, and refreshing Raki based cocktail. The dining is also fantastic for the couple of dinners we had there. And if I had to describe the breakfast in one word, it would be opulent.

Our only regret was that we didn't have more time to stay there. We'd recommend this place to anyone going to Bodrum!

Room Tip: The "Passionate Rooms" are definitely worth it for couples.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yalikavak
Spektr Hotel Bodrum
#4 of 36 in Yalikavak
Avantgarde Yalikavak Hotel
Avantgarde Yalikavak Hotel
#10 of 36 in Yalikavak

Been to 4reasons hotel+bistro? Share your experiences!