$147
$208
$589
$493
Priceline
Mer-Can Story Apart Hotel(Yalikavak)(Great Value!)
$116
$320
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
$581
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain buildingbeer and soft drinkssnack barcleaned dailyhotel groundschange roomsentertainment teampoolsholidayjettymurat
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We spent a week at this hotel as a family of 6 adults and 3 children aged between 1 & 6.

Our rooms in the main hotel I can't really moan about and were cleaned daily to a good standard. 1 of our party stayed in what we called the love shack as was more like a shed with a veranda but again it was clean. We did speak to other family's however who were really disappointed with there rooms so maybe we were lucky????

The food wasn't to our taste really, we ate out a lot and when we didn't my children basically ate chips and fruit as the food tended to be a lot of slop... People on here say that's what they eat in Turkey but I'm not so sure?????? Good selection of salad tho and always fresh bread so you can survive.

The pools were clean, the main pool had no shallow end but the kiddies pool had a slide and kept us all entertained which was good as there was a major lack of entertainment.

The kids club never opened, probably as we went at the end of the season and the evening entertainment didn't start till 10pm which was for the adults deff not the kiddies.

We made our holiday what it was, drunk way to much but the guys at the pool bar were great fun and looked after us well throughout our stay.. There was none of the 1 or 2 drinks per person, we would be given tray fulls at a time and despite the bad points about the hotel we made it a great holiday :-)

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 19, 2011

well we spent our second week in turkey at this hotel due to the first one having to be closed down which was the crystal hotel which was a lower star and sister hotel to the golden age but the good point to the crystal hotel was all 4 of the animation team lads were absolute fantastic with the kids would defo go back to that hotel for this reason alone but as for the golden age I would advice anyone who has kids not to go to this hotel as the animation team do nothing with kids at all the kids club was closed we had to ask on many occasions for them to open it up for us absolute rubbish. Now onto the rooms they are full of mould and really smell, food rubbish, entertainment at night doesn't start till 10 by this time alls my little lad wanted to do was go to bed by this time and when we did go they were playing musical chairs for the adults nothing for kids.The park was a mess slide swings and a sort of lob sided play house were all broke. good points are the pools. My advice dont book this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Going on holiday for my first time with my boyfriend at a young age, I was quite shocked when we arrived at the airport to find out that our previous hotel had closed down!! But then found out we were being upgraded to the Golden Age. Being on holiday several times with my family to 4-5* hotels, I knew this hotel couldn't be much good due to the price we paid.
But both myself and my boyfriend had a fantastic time, for October it was boiling hot reaching 40 degrees!
Our rooms where cleaned daily, and nothing ever went missing, the reception staff were extemly polite and helpful explaining why we had been moved, we were happy as well as all of the other staff being lovely, kind and helpful.
If your going on holiday to have fish and chips DO NOT go to Turkey it's not their tradition to serve hot food or fish and chips, your going to a foreign country you can't expect everything can you.
But we had a fantastic time only downside I would say is going in October due to no enertainment at night but we enjoyed sitting in our room playing cards or down in the 1 of many 'pubs' speaking and having a laugh to the staff.
I would recommend this hotel to the younger and middle generation, even though there is not much around the hotel it's a fantastic place and a lovely country!
To all those who did not like it, it's a cheap hotel but worth every penny! Don't be too fussy where you want to go especially if your use to 5* hotels and expect all hotels to be the same...because they are not!! :)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dannii92
Reviewed December 16, 2010

In simple terms it is not worth risking your holiday by staying here. I was here for one month (writing a book) and unless you don't want to eat.........actually, it's just not worth more words. The only positives are the two hotels either side of it. I was severly ill with the food and the staff were the least helpful I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank malcolmmkenzie
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Have previously stayed at the Royal Aserlik in Gumbet THAT is a 4 star would rate Golden Age a 2 star. Arrived 22/10 last week of the season felt as though staff could'nt be bothered, food consited of stewed chicken, turkey, liver all served at dangerous temperatures! Infact I dont think we found anything hot the entire holiday to eat. Rooms are scruffy and walls plastered with dead bugs. Games room was closed, phones in rooms but no outside lines, hot water was scarce for most of the time. The hotel could be ok as the pool, beach and garden area are nice, the basics are there but there is just a lack of effort. I would dread to think what this place is like during the peak season, dont book it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family