“excellent!”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very friendly, excellent food, great place to have a nice cold strongbow. while watching the world go by. They even have a lovely garden area where you can sit and relax.

1  Thank kwigham2012

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Having visited the Morgul several times over the last couple of years I don't understand the negative comments.We've had English breakfast,Turkish breakfast, calamari (perfectly cooked),fish & chips, kofte, curries and the slow cooked lamb. All were delicious and reasonably priced.OK there are more pleasantly located places but the Morgul is ideal for people watching.We have also dined in some of the restaurants along the seafront where they pack you in like sardines and have endured some truly terrible food for far more money than the Morgul are charging (the onion bhajis and curry at le cafe springs to mind).As for the personal attacks on the "English lady", well she showed us the gardens at the rear as well as introducing us to her dogs, and was always warm and inviting, as were the staff.

2  Thank menace59
Reviewed June 30, 2012

As British Asians.curry and Indian food in general is our staple diet and I recently stayed in a hotel in Yalikavak on a all Inclusive basis.After the 3rd day I was having curry withdrawal symptoms and I came across this wonderful basic but very friendly family run restaurant.I asked for an authentic Indian curry and we got one at this place.The staff were courteous,polite and very attentive.Naturally, the indian food lacks variety but then this probably due to people not asking for different dishes.They even offered facilities for us to have midday siesta after lunch ! We found the owner Ibrahim the very friendly but respecting our mealtime privacy too.We will definately return and this time with the family and I might even ask for onion bhaji's next time.

1  Thank Midlandsbwana1958
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Having read the previous review titled "ugh" I have to completely agree with everything said! The staff are great salesmen but once you commit yourselves they are not interested in anything other than the highest possible bill. The English lady truly does not move away from the till and the food is poor quality. We once fell for the "fantastic curry night" as allegedly the owner had spent the winter working in a UK curry house, but it was truly awful. The puddings also came out still frozen and no-one asked why we hadn't eaten any of them.
We rent out an apartment in Yalikavak and advise all guests to give it a wide berth!! Suggest you spend your money more wisely in some of the other fabulous restaurants in Yalikavak.

1  Thank Jill R
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I only ate in this restaurant because I have seen it recommended on here and other places, what a disappointment! If I said it was mediocre I would be doing a disservice to all the other poor restaurants striving to attain mediocrity. The food was greasy, the plate was cold, the waiter(owner Ibraham)was rude, and the English woman, who did not deign to more than a nodded hello, spent the entire time hunched over her till, guarding it I presume. The meal cost more than double the advertised menu price with all the added "extras", water we didnt ask for, extra chips that we thought were just the chips that came with the meal, but came on a seperate cold plate, therefore were charged for. I had marked this restaurant as poor originally, but due to the constant badgering every time we passed, being asked why we were not eating there again, I changed it to terrible.........AND IT WAS.

2  Thank 263littlemo