“Good choice”

Le Cafe Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #11 of 137 Restaurants in Yalikavak
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Le Cafe is a wonderfully casual, brasserie-style restaurant offering fresh home-cooked Italian and Mediterranean dishes. Situated in Bodrum,Yalikavak-Turkey along the promonade close to the fisherman's wharf.Le Café offers an informal dining experience catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

After walking past the numerous restaurants that line the harbour front in Yalikavak, we decided to try this one, pot luck, which turned out to be a good choice!
2 starters, 2 mains, 2 drinks and a dessert came to about 90 odd lira.
Staff and owner very pleasant, attentive but not intrusive.
We were shown to a table right on the harbours edge, watching the sunset whilst we made our choices from the menu, which offered a variety of Turkish and Italian dishes.
Our food was nice and we enjoyed each course.
Definitely recommend you give this place a try even if it is just for a snack or drink watching the sunset and beautiful coastline from the harbour.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My mum insisted that we took her here for her birthday lunch. I'm sorry to say in comparison to other local restaurants the food was average & the portions small. The location for sea view good.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

All courses excellent. Our 2 year old loved the kids spaghetti dish and my wife and I found the curry menu fantastic. The onion bhajis were authentic and spicy and were clearly made of onions as opposed to the mystery stodge found in supermarket bhajis. The meat samosa's were the best samosa's we've ever had and the mains (chicken dopiaza and lamb rogan josh) were delicious with the meat in both being juicy and accompanied by lovely rich sauces.

I will agree with the previous comment regarding the naan being not your traditional naan and more of a flatbread, however i actually found it far nicer than most naan breads I've had in the UK as they tend to be stodgy and undercooked; it was more than adequate at mopping up the delicious sauces and itself was not lacking in flavour.

On a side note, the staff were fantastic at entertaining our son when he refused to sit in his chair and as our table was less than a meter from the harbours edge this was a huge relief and allowed my wife and I to eat (mostly) in peace while he played with the staff.

Would highly recommend this place for its curry and breakfast menus and look forward to trying their standard evening menu.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I took my wife here fro a romantic night out on the harbor front, the location is excellent. As the guy that owned used to run an Indian restaurant we though the odds were on that it was gonna be amazing....WE WERE WRONG. My wife had a chicken balti which was way too hot and watery, I had a chicken tiikka masala which was tasteless and bland. The chicken used in both curries was overcooked and chewy so my wife left most. They charge just short of 8 Lira ( about £2.50) for one poppadom and the worst is yet to come. We ordered a couple of naan breads which as we all know is essential for every curry and we were given 2 tortilla wraps, not naan bread as described on the curry menu. The waiter was arrogant and needed a lesson in manners. The portions were that small that I have to order a pizza as well just fill me up. The only plus point was the pizza was OK. I would not recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank Santawhite
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We love good coffee but have struggled to find it in Yalikavak. Plenty of Turkish coffee available but a real shortage of espresso based product. Le Cafe provides the real thing, freshly ground with great crema. Pity we didn't find it earlier