We love Turkey & this area especially & have visited many times & even stayed twice before at this hotel when B&B they just cannot cope with AI. This hotel could be a lovely place to stay but it is ruined by bad Management & lazy, insolent,leery young staff who actually seem to be the ones on holiday. They would rather be swimming in the pool,playing pool or chatting up any woman available. They constantly asked for tips but did not want to give good service.
The rooms are basic but clean though we did have some marked & ripped bedding..not good.
The food was ok if a little repetitive & not always hot. The cups were all but a few chipped. Breakfast was between 8:30-10:00 but at 9:00 on one occasion the eggs were finished. The juice machine was also not maintained. The table cloths were not changed in the 11 nights we stayed there.
Sadly over the first weekend the Manager allowed the sister hotel to be overbooked whilst ours was pretty empty. Travellers arrived in the middle of the night & were told that the Akdeniz was overbooked & they had to stay at the Seden for 2-5 nights they were fuming & stormed to their rooms waking other residents then the next days sat by our pool stating what a dump we had booked to stay in. That made for a real good atmostphere.
The pool bar was often not manned.There was a general reluctance to serve drinks despite the AI tag. All bar stools & tables previously donning the pool area since AI have been removed, we were told the Manager wanted us to go out of the hotel as much as possible & we would stay in & drink if the chairs & tables were there. The drink choice was limited but ok. After 23:00 hrs you had to pay for drinks but no tarriff was dsplayed & the young barmen did their best to intimidate you bringing in their friends to hang around the bar as they wanted to go clubbing everynight. One evening at 22:45 there was no barman at 23:05 he reappeared requesting payment for any further drinks. Another night as they wanted to go out they said bar now closed at 23:00. They were also laughing & talking behind our backs very obviously with Turkish guests, well they couldn't speak much English in the first place especially when you asked them for something that they could not be bothered to do. When upset one barman Barish sulked ,slammed drinks,plates & furniture & actually made us consider leaving the hotel for our last few days as the atmostphere became unbearable. He even wrote a note asking another guest to fight him. Sadly the Manager did not seem much older & couldn't Manage himself. As we were leaving they all managed to come out & hug us to again request tips..Sorry I dont understand was our reply.
We love Turkey & hate to think that a first time traveller would think this is typical & not return. We have met some lovely people during our stay & will definitely be back but not the The Seden as we do not think this will be altered any time soon for the better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seden is a favourite of the previous guests. Situated in a quiet part of Hisaronu, approximately 10 minutes walk from the centre, the Seden nestles in the shelter of the pine-clad hillside surrounded by beautiful scenery. The bars, shops and restaurant of Hisaronu are nearby, and the famous lagoon of Oludeniz is only a short dolmus ride away. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, with a large swimming pool with children's section, with surrounding sun terraces. Standards of service are high with a great attention to detail.Meals are served as an open buffet on the covered terrace overlooking the pool, and snacks are available from the pool bar. There is a children's play area on the grass in the attractive gardens, bright with colourful flowers.Rooms are air-conditioned, with private en suite facilities, safety boxes, hair dryer, television, telephone and balcony. A friendly hotel in a peaceful location offering excellent value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Otel Seden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Otel Seden Hotel Oludeniz
- Otel Seden Hisaronu
- Otel Seden Hotel Hisaronu