“Great Food, Great People, Amazing Sunset”
Review of Cawa Cawa

Cawa Cawa
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Oludeniz
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Fethiye, Turkey
“Great Food, Great People, Amazing Sunset”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Their slogan says it all! Went for my second visit on Saturday. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, delicious food.......Everything is cooked fresh as you order. If you want fast food this in not the place to go but if you want fresh tasty good quality food and service I would recommend it every time.

1 Thank Ann60

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Very disappointing ”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews, booked a table, turned up - very disappointed. Waited an age, starters poor and main courses okay, however eaten more timely and better food elsewhere. Told that the reason for the delay was only been open for 5 weeks and like to prepare fresh food... The potential is genuinely huge and I hope our positive feedback is acted upon, however, not going back again this year. No 1 in Olu Deniz? Hmm...

2 Thank Jonathan D
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Top class”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Visited as had seen such good reviews , the whole dining experience was excellent , could not fault a thing , cocktails were also excellent and the views from terrace were beautiful , back in September and will be our first choice .

2 Thank LG1_12
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Restaurant ”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This place is a gem, beautiful setting and even more beautiful food. As there was 8 of us we decided it may be best if we booked a table rather than just turn up...if you walk up the main strip and turn left at the top, past Cloud 9 and Kumsal Pide, Cawa Cawa is at the end of the promenade. It's tastefully decorated with white furniture and blue cushions, and already we were impressed. We were shown upstairs and even got to pick our table for the evening, we chose one on the corner so we could appreciate the fabulous sunset during our meal. There is no need to book but being a larger group it made sense. When we arrived in the evening we were so impressed with the effort staff had gone to laying our table, gorgeous table runners and flower petals, strewn with fresh herbs made a lovely aroma...looked like a table fit for royalty. The attentiveness of the staff was second to none, inviting us to taste the wine before ordering, and then there was the food itself. Complimentary balloon bread with dips and garlic butter went down a treat, then there was starters, asparagus spears, garlic mushrooms to name a couple. Main courses were delicious, steaks cooked to perfection, huge crispy pizza's, pastas, & chicken. I liked the fact that the menu was varied, lots of turkish dishes but also things that suited the fussier eaters so if in a family there is something for everyone. Give this place a try, we recommended it to lots of people and only heard the same rave reviews we had shared with them afterwards. Great value for money too, a group of 8 ate and drank, inc bottles of wine and beers and worked out at £15 per head. A steal in our opinion. X

2 Thank writingbug78
London, United Kingdom
“Dissappointment”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I visited Cawa Cawa after reading several reviews that led me to believe this was one of the better restaurants in the Oludeniz area. I found the staff to be friendly and attentive at first, although my opinion soon changed. After being in the restaurant for around 5 minutes me and my girlfriend had ordered our starter and main. The starter came after around 20 minutes which I found fairly reasonable. After not the worst starter in the world, it all went downhill. From first placing my order I waited 1 hour and 40 minutes for my main. Nothing was said by the staff about any problems they may be having. After finishing a bottle of wine, as we had waited so long, we decided to order another round of cocktails which took 25 minutes to arrive, after letting the staff know that I had felt that I had waited far too long for out cocktail's as well as I our main. I was then, (after 1 hour and 20 minutes) told that there had been an issue in the kitchen, possibly a shortage of staff. Then after waiting such a long time, whilst the restaurant was at half capacity the food finally arrived. I really enjoyed the Cawa Cawa Special Steak and I'd highly recommend it. I found the peppercorn sauce to be of the highest quality. However I have never waited such a long time for a meal (although a fine meal it was), I found this to be utterly unacceptable for a restaurant of this calibre. Once notifying the staff of my distress, they offered me a complimentary tea of coffee; of the Turkish variety. I declined and left with my head in my hands, never to return to what was once meant to be the best restaurant in the Oludeniz.

6 Thank Mattsmith547