“Great value-for-money - highly recommended”

Seyir Village Hotel
Ranked #78 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Hartlepool
“Great value-for-money - highly recommended”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We took a last minute deal though a local travel agent after the internet failed to throw anything decent up. I must admit to being nervous about Turkey in the first place but that was unfounded. After getting over the shock of the lack of legroom on the Turkanza flight booked by Goldtrail, it was a good trip over, prompt bags at Dalaman then a bus transfer to Ovacik (which tags on to Hisaronou, 5km from Oludiniz). The buses sell bottles of water, 2 for £1 which is a bargain after the flight and compared to Dalaman airport (more later).

We arrived at 6am to find the aircon was £25 for the week. Not in the mood, we went to the room and fell asleep. The room was travelodge-style, with a double and single bed, mirror, wardrobe and an ensuite bathroom. Functional and clean, but who wants to sit in their room on holiday? Great balcony with pool view that never saw direct sun, meaning aircon was not needed..

We went all-inclusive and found the food to be great. Breakfast had a little something for most people, including a choice of cereal, lots of things for bread and some hot choices like boiled eggs. Coffee, fruit juice and a variety of teas were available to drink. Lunch was mainly salads and Meze, with Tzatsiki etc included. The salads were great, lots of choices, pastas, potato salad and the obligatory bread. A few hot choices ranged from chicken to fish to sausage to stew. Dinner was very much the same, though the 10+ salads were rotated regularly. The staff barbecued most nights so always a nice main available. Beer at the bar (Tuborg) was great, not watered and the spirits the same. The bar team of Alex, Ozzy and Jose were fantastic, though Jose did have a worrying love for his Boyzone CD. Drinks free up to 11pm and then in-line with town at 4YTL for a beer, which was a surprise.

The hoel itself is small, 40 rooms for 90 guests max so NEVER a struggle for a sun lounger or a seat at dinner. The pool was ace, never too busy and the bar lads judged the mood well, bringing in the odd game of water polo. The pool also has a waterslide that is turned on 3 times a day (which is enough to be honest). A small shop sold water, snacks, inflatables and the odd holiday necessity at decent prices too. The best thing though had to be the views as you are fairly high up. Sunset over the hills looks stunning. Entertainment on a night was provided by the bar lads and their CD's. We spent 3 nights at the bar and 3 in town which was a good balance.

If you are part of the 'does it come with chips brigade' and want to spread your wings from the costly Costas and the Balearic's, fear not. 2 minutes walk and there is a bar that does a full English for £2. They also do massive amounts of English food trhoughout the day. In Ovacik and particularly Hisarounou (5 mins and 10 mins walk respectively) there is every type of food you can conceive so nobody goes hungry. A special mention has to go to the Pasa Sofrasi cafe bar, were we had two amazing meals and spent the evening. For £38, we got: 2 x 3-course meal, 8 bottles of Efes beer, 3 Turkish teas and a waterpipe for over 2 hours, all say on some great day beds with no chavs to be seen. Fabulous value.

Don't book your excursions with the rep and avoid the boat tours unless you're aware that you're on a boat for 9 hours (NINE!!!) where EVERYTHING costs 5YTL (£2.30), soft drinks, ice creams etc and you may not bring your own drinks. There are some nasty things in the sea - 3 of our party got stung, my girlfriend particularly badly, but the crew were more worried about selling cold drinks than anything else. Jeep safari is a MUST. it is a 100-mile waterfight so buy a super soaker and take a 5litre bottle of 'ammo'. The locals WILL hose you down as you drive past, you WILL be soaked to the skin but you will dry very quickly.

Overall, it's a great hotel in a fairly quiet resort, 10 mins from a much more lively resort, with the beach a 10 minute bus trip away.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Remittance_Advice

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We arrived just in time for tea at 7pm, so we checked in, quickly unpacked (the wardrobe was small and a bit dusty, so we used the single spare as storage), and had tea. Peter (the manager) had two pints of larger waiting for us on a table, which was great. We had bread, meat, salad, rice etc. Then had an OK pudding. We had read the other reviews and were worried about everything, but so far so good. We ended up drinking and playing pool at the bar 'til around 1am with the staff, who were great. They even ordered us a kebeb and had it delivered. Lovely!

The following day we went to the welcome meeting with rep Nikki. She was a good laugh and we bought some trips from her. Horse riding, boat trip, Fetiye market and jeep safari, £54pp. We could have got this cheaper in Hisoranu I think, but thought that was cheap enough for 4 trips. We only stayed a week, so that was plenty for us. There is a free bus that picks up around 10am outside the hotel that goes to the beach (blue lagoon) and comes back around 5pm. You have to pay to get on the beach and for a sunbed, but it's worth it. Beautiful. We hired a beach buggy for a day for about £20. You had to put about £8 of petrol in too, but that did us all day and we went all over. That was fun and a good way of sightseeing.

It was my birthday while we were in Turkey, and Peter helped my partner book a fish restaurant in Fetiye as a surprise for me, which I thought was very nice. He was a gent. Alex, Hero and the other staff members we great too, always smiling and up for a laugh. Hero is very cheeky, but it's all meant in good fun.

We paid £254 each for a week all inclusive which was fab. Yes, the rooms are basic and in need of modernisation etc, but as a base, it's just fine. There is no TV, fridge, hair dryer etc, just bed, mirror, wardrobe(!) and bathroom. I think most rooms have balconys though. The sister hotel, Relax, has more mod cons I believe, but is more expensive, and not as nice, apparently.

If you do fancy something different, Hisoranu is 10 mins walk away. Some people moan about the walk (as it's up hill on the way back) but we didn't mind walking a big tea off before bed. Hisoranu has bars, restaurants, shops, tattoo studios and places to buy trips. You are spoiled for choice. And as Turkey isn't in Europe, the Lira goes a long way! Around £8 for a 3 course meal. The food in the hotel was nice, and we ate there more often than not, but it's nice to go out now and again and try something different. Fetiye is around 10 mins away on the bus, and has lots of bars/restaurants/shops and a harbour etc.

The hotel pool is lovely and clean and the bar is just next to it. Great for kids and adults. The pool bar played music which was a bit hit and miss, but Alex was always willing to play requests!

I would go again, the area, scenery and weather are all lovely, the only down side was the shop/bar/restaurant owners begging you to go in and buy something. They tend not to hassle the fellas too much, but they don't know when to let it go with the ladies sometimes, which can be very annoying! Be firm and keep walking.

Unless you are a snob, or really picky ( I can be VERY particular), you will be just fine at this hotel.

Jo and Emma

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I went with my friend, her daughter and her daughters friend. We booked a late deal as did everyone we spoke to while we were there and after booking I came on the internet to look at the hotel....I read the reviews and rang my friend immediately wondering what the hell we had done. It may have been a cheap holiday to some but we paid £1400.00 for the 4 of us and that's alot of money to us but we obviously wasn't expecting 5 star luxury. We booked the week before and spent that week worrying because of the reviews....However, how wrong could we have been. We arrived very tired after a night of travelling and a little hiccup on the bus on the way there....The hotel looked nice and we were shown to our room...Ok I admit it smelt a bit damp, but it was clean and big...we couldnt use the wardrobe but decided to use the spare bed to put our clothes on and left the rest in the suitcases. The bathroom was huge and clean and tons of hot water at all times. The beds were changed daily, the room cleaned and fresh towels every day too...I've never had that before!!! Besides, how long do you actually spend in your room, you sleep in the bed and have a shower before going out, otherwise you may as well stay at home. We were at the pool for 9 most mornings and were still sat there at 19.45 most evenings until the lads wanted to tidy and clean the pool...As for all the food comments on the reviews and we also got sick to death of hearing people saying this while we were there....'the food is very Turkish'. Well BLOW ME DOWN....we were in Turkey, what the bl**dy hell do you expect...if you want egg and chips every day go to Blackpool or Spain. The food was beautiful and very very tasty I might add...lots and lots of choice, always covered up and all of us often went back for more or to try something we hadn't tried before. I've come home with lots of ideas of new salad, pasta and rice ideas as well as other stuff!!!! We got sick of hearing the constant moaning of guests, I thought people went abroad for the sun, and we got plenty of that it was about 46 degrees all week. You make the holiday what you want it to be and if you're going to moan then you're going to have a horrible time. Now for more good stuff.....as you lay by the beautiful pool, which was cleaned every night I might add you are surrounded by mountains and greenery, watching all the para-gliders coming off the mountains. Yes the tiles away from the actual poolside were slippy but for gods sake is it that much of a problem to put your flip flops on to walk to the bar for a drink or to go the toilet etc. We didn't need the air con because with being in the mountains it was nice and cool to sleep at night, we didn't use the safety deposit box and everything was left lying around and nothing was taken, as on one of the reviews the maid was accused of stealing...It's a short walk into Hisaramu which we all said we were glad we weren't staying there as it was too busy and there is a free bus to take you to the beach in Olu Deniz and bring you back. What more could you ask for. The staff work like Trojans, 17 hours a day most days but always had a smile for you. In fact the staff were amazing fun, Ashley the tiny little waitress was great fun, the 2 waiters who were lovely. The reception girls were nice and friendly and the bar staff kept everyone entertained, especially Alex but must also mention Ozzy and Ethan oh and the security guy...and the lovely guy in the little shop...the only problem I had was Tarzan...but we soon got rid of him...Some people were moaning about the lack of entertainment....GO TO A HOTEL THAT HAS ENTERTAINMENT. I'm glad there wasn't, I hate listening to it while I'm on my hols, I like the peace and quiet and it also makes you get to know everyone. There was a lot of Turkish people staying there and all the kids managed to cummunicate and had great fun, as we did watching them. Alex got them playing water football and stuff and despite all the staff being obviously knackered they were great fun and great company. My kids were in Spain with their Dad while I was there last week and if I could have got them from there to Turkey I'd have hit the credit cards and stayed another week I loved every minute of it and DID NOT want to leave. My friend and I have already decided were going back there next year for 3 weeks...yes 3 weeks. Loved it loved it loved it!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jofountain
scotland
Reviewed August 12, 2009

hotel was ok not what i expected for all incl
food was discusting had to go else where to eat
rooms where clean, altho while the cleaners were in they were helping themselves to our stuff, found when i got home serveral things went missing,
pool was great, clean,
apart from that was ok,
wouldnt go back tho...

1 Thank kayza_9

Travelers are raving about these Oludeniz hotels

Wirral
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I wonder if we were on the same holiday when I read some of these reviews!
We found the hotel basic but very clean. The rooms are small and basic but they are cleaned daily. We had plenty of hot water and the air con worked very well. In fact, we had to switch it off at night because it was so good! The staff are extremely hardworking and pleasant. The hotel is in a good location within walking distance to the main nightlife in Hisaranou. The buses stop just outside of the hotel to take you to Fethyie, Olu Deniz and into Hisaronu. Food was Turkish. We really enjoyed it. If you don't like Turkish food - don't go to Turkey! Lots of salad choices, meat, fish etc always looked fresh. The teenagers in our party enjoyed the food too. We had a lovely time and the staff added to holiday. Alex and Ozzy the bar staff were very friendly and good fun and we never found them to be rude. They seemed to get a hard time from some of the guests, which we feel they didn't deserve. All in all, a great place to stay on a budget. We met some really nice people and would definitely return for a bargain holiday!

brown6663sugartime
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Booked a late deal. Never have I been to a hotel so dirty before. Basic is ok, as long as I have a bed. The curtains werent on the windows, and i have never seen so much mould in a bathroom before. We spoke to the hotel manager who couldnt be bothered, he sais its a two star what do you expect. After much discussion he sent a cleaner with bleach, but it didnt make much difference. I have been to hisaronu and olu deniz before and had a fantastic time, but not with this hotel, the staff are that rude they just ignore you.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 3sugartime
yorkshire
Reviewed August 6, 2009

On reading the many reviews I wonder what some people expect, if you are paying self catering prices for All inclusive in a 3 sun property, why would you expect anymore than what you get. The hotel in the brochure looks basic, the rooms look small but clean which they are, what you see is what you get. the food is Turkish style and yes as all All Inclusives very repetitive, but when you are paying self catering prices you cant expect much more, eating out locally is very good value for money and the views and clealiness in the area is really up to scratch. If you want a cheap budget holiday, use the Seyir as a base you cant got wrong, the less you pay the happier you will be. Nicy from Goldtrail is excellent