“Hell”

Ranked #80 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
coventry
“Hell”
Reviewed October 1, 2008

This hotel (word loosely used) is a disgusting filthy hellhole. Was shown to room which I can only describe as a CELL. 2 beds..a broken wardrobe and disgusting filthy bathroom with mould all over the place.

The pool was filthy and patio areas not cleaned so swarms of wasps everywhere.

Next came the food..........slops best describes it. Tablecloths dirty even at breakfast time...and crumbs brushed off by waiter with floor brush!!!

This hotel was soooooo bad I spent all first day of holiday on telephone to england to demand to be moved. Only stayed at this Prison for 1 night and that was enough for me!!

My advise DONT GO HERE its disgusting ...infact showed the photos to a guy who said...Im in the army and my room in IRAQ was better!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Doncaster
Reviewed September 24, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at the Seyir after paying an extra £100 to upgrade from the Lithera Relax after reading the terrible reviews for that hotel so in all it cost me £800 for two people for 1 week all inclusive and its the worst £800 i've ever spent. The room we were allocated was more like a dungeon so we asked to be moved which we were told would have to wait till the following afternoon. We met some other guests next door to us who were also being moved and then luckily for us arranged our own move with a family who different requirements to us and were happy to swap.
The first night was horrendous - no sleep due to the never ending karaoke and then barking dogs followed by prayers(due to it being Ramadan)on a loud speaker and then it was time for the maids to start their rounds. Most nights were like this and you couldn't even catch up on your sleep whilst on the sunbeds because what the brochure didn't tell you was that the Hotel pool backed on to a road that was like the M1.
We played it safe at breakfast time with just toast and again at dinnertime with soup and for evening meal we ate out. Evey restaurant we ate at saw our all inclusive bands on our wrists and said they were grateful to our chef for all the business he was giving them.
After 3 days we met some wonderful people who made the holiday worthwhile but I would never recommend this hotel to anyone as the standard of hygiene is none existant having witnessed how they washed the glasses with their fingers under a running tap at the bar and how the meat was cooked eventually
after being left uncovered on a dirty barbecue each night.
Ive been told not to let this experience put me off visiting Turkey again but Im afraid it already has.

• Liked — The Pool
  • Disliked — Eveything Else
1 Thank donnygirl40

Travelers are raving about these Oludeniz hotels

north east
Reviewed September 23, 2008

If you book this hotel as all inclusive then take some extra spending money as the food leaves a lot to be desired,also note that the bar starts charging at 11pm and is a lot more expensive than another bar/resteraunt very close .Our room was okay? but the mosquito net was torn and the gap filled with a towel.If you are put in the B block then be prepared for an early start as the hotel laundry started work at 6am ,10m from our window.
While we were there 1 couple walked out and booked into a villa next door and a man had the same trick about the door pulled on him as one in the postings above.
A shame really as the area is really nice so dont be put off just be carefull where you stay.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Arriving
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorthEastGrasser
Selby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Ok.

We booked THREE twinned rooms we got a Family room and a double. The good news is that the family room 501 (Above the reception) is as I was told was the best rooms in the hotel. Yes, the rooms was big much bigger than I am use to in the area (visted 5 times to the same area), very clean, nice decor, Kingsize bed (master bedroom) bath/shower/jaquIzy combo. thats the good points, still had a couple of broken/damaged sockets/light switches! but overall happy with the two rooms and bathroom in the family room.

Bad news is that my Mum and Sister shared the double room!! Poor decor, Dirty walls basic..very basic. It was their first trip to Turkey, They wouldn't book the same hotel..don't think they would even return to Turkey, shame as even most of the Basic hotels in the area are clean and a decent standard. Just think that the Seyir falls under that.

We heard just about everyday that the new arrivals hadn't unpacked and was waiting for a room change. One person said a small group had waited in the Reception ALL NIGHT for a room change. Another tale that a large family had been put in a room with FOUR double beds, tight to say the least!!

This was our first all inclusive in the area.

Food - was ok, good even sometimes, but the problems at meal times was little things like No cups ready, no butter/bread out when the meal has just started, eager waiters taking your cups/plates away when you haven't finished, small stuff that just is a little annoying.

Bar - Service was ok, drinks nice enough free upto 11pm or as in most cases upto 10:50pm. I went for a "free" drink at 10:58pm and was asked to pay..told Carlos I'd been waiting a minute to be served and that it wasn't 11pm (by ANY clock) so just sat back down.

Very Loud Karoke (when the mike worked) EVERY NIGHT, just got a bit boring, but if you had a few drinks inside you it was quite enjoyable..in a strange way.

Pool - Nice pool and slide, some great fun and the odd minor bruise there. lacked sunbeds when busy and ONLY about 3/4 Parosals. so we had to get up early to get a sunbed near the bushies/trees, but should you really have to get up at 7:30am for that?

Never spoke to our rep (Goldtrail) saw her there most of the time (off duty) when she was working, didn't notice her she certainly never came round asking if everything was ok or even approach our table when she saw us sat there.

The Hotel needs a real big shake up from the management (or a change in the Management too), it wants a little upgrade here and there. A spruce up of the rooms

The Staff need training how to handle customers, too many times I saw a uncareing attitude and a sort of "Its a basic hotel" shrug of the shoulders, but even then there should be a certain amout of respect. Never really felt we was "looked after" unlike most hotels even the "Basic" hotels in the area when the staff really do try and sort out your problems, here it just seemed they couldn't REALLY care. This go's back to the training or lack of it

1 Thank Baroslfc5
Gloucestershire
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Uhmmm where shall I start?!? My boyfriend and I booked a very late deal with the Coop, told it was lovely and only one place left... so went for it... why not, it cant be that bad surely??

We arrived at about 4.30pm Turkish time, and were shown to our room.... sorry I mean rabbit hutch in the sky! The guy who took out bags for us... wouldn’t even let us carry them when we asked to... then wanted a tip... cheeky git but because we are nice we gave him a quid :o) As soon as he left I told my boyfriend not to even bother unpacking... we were moving rooms.... after all he had only walked across the room and already banged his head trying to go to the loo.... yes we were in the attic! Went down to reception, and knowing a little Turkish was polite in their language... thinking this might help... it didn’t! There were no rooms left. So off we went to the bar... sitting there very disheartened we got talking to some great guys... this was the start of an ok holiday, only made good by the people we met... oh and learning there was a water flume in the pool!

The food wasn’t that great to be fair... in fact it was crap... but I’m not fussy and we really didn’t pay for paradise, having only paid £320 each. Please note a wouldn’t have wanted to pay a penny more... if you see a holiday here for more DONT GO you wont get your moneys worth!!!

So any way... you will be served rubbish food... but hopefully if your not fussy you will be ok... my BF lost weight on the other hand, as he didn’t like it at all! When chips got served there was a stampede... so British, but when it’s that bad, you can’t beat a plate of chips. All I will say is take some spending money with you so you can go out for some nice meals while you are there!

The pool: Our first day was a bit of a wash out, because we had meet some new friends the night before and stayed up late, we didn’t come down until mid day, by this time there were no sun beds... you have to turn in to a non British tourist.. and get up early to get a sun bed by putting your towel down... if you know what I mean! Oh and don’t think your getting any shade... there are no umbrellas!!!

The pool was lovely though, and the flume was GREAT. Put on 4 times a day for 30 mins at a time, made it something to look forward to... everyone had a go and laughed at each other, played games etc.... really was good fun!!

Evening: No entertainment really, the poor bar manager tried is best... really nice guy...unlike the other bar staff who cant crack a smile! But all the same we had fun drinking and singing on a couple of our nights. When we weren’t joining in it was a little loud in bed... but it’s what you have to expect when on holiday, unless you stay in a large resort.

We did get a new room after our 3rd day, only because I had asked everyday... and got very pointy fingered. Our new room was much better... again not paradise but ok. Room was clean enough, bit of discolouration on the bath tiles. What you have to take in to account is that 3 stars in Turkey are not the same as the UK. They have different standards.

Over all our holiday was ok, I wouldn’t go back or tell a friend to go to this hotel... but I would go back to the area... really lovely! Because it’s a small hotel, you get to talk to everyone and meet some great people/ friends, for this it was worth going for, along with the flume of course.

Not a holiday from hell, but be careful how much you pay, there is a place for holidays like this. If your on a budget don’t expect the world! 1 week here would be ok if that’s all you can afford. The weather will be worth it.

• Liked — The Pool & Flume only
  • Disliked — Bar Staff, & Rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpanGloucestershire
Doncaster
Reviewed September 9, 2008

My Mother and I arrived aproximately 6.30pm and were led to a small but reasonable reception, so we were a little relieved as the reviews on various websites had been so negative, although, we were assured by the travel agents that the reviews that they received were all positive.

However, as we were taken out of the receiption towards our room, it became very obvious that this hotel was in need of a major overhaul, to say the least. I passed a couple of rooms and looked into their doorways to notice what I can only discribe as 'dungeonlike' decor and furnishings, they were very dark, the furninshings were old dark, made of dark wood which needed a good clean. Then, we were told that one of these rooms were ours, we were devastated,

The room consisted of one smelly wardrobe which was filthy inside and out (I refused to unpack), a filthy dusty floor (a toenail cutting next to the bed was left there all week in case the maids decided to clean). There was only one 3 drawer chest of drawers which again were filthy inside and a miror on the wall. This was all that we had in the main bedroom (so much for hair dryer, sky tv and fridge which we were promised).

Then I ventured the bathroom (ughhh gross), this had a broken toilet with green and black mould at the bottom, the shower/bath was in the midst of black mould & grime (this was never cleaned out by the maids) but, the water was hot when the shower actually worked properly (had to get the shower head fixed as the water gave up on us a few times).

We decied to see the Goldtrail rep to get either a better room or an upgrade to a better hotel. This was a waste of time, as when trying to to tell her our problem with the room and hotel, she had stopped listening to me to cast her eyes on something the other side of the pool, and when I asked her what she was looking at she said 'I dunno'. I asked her if she had listened to a word that I had said, but I was told 'yeah but, I can't do anything for you, you have to phone Goldtrail head office at Marmaris as they deal with bookings. I said to her that that phone call was her job as a rep but, she just ignored me and shrugged her shoulders (what an attitude).

We asked at the hotel reception for a better room and after half an hour they showed us smaller but darker room in the basement (no view just a brick wall), this had a shower curtain and no bath (a wet room without a sloped floor) so we refused this room too although, she kept askiing for our old key until my Mother snatched it off her again.

So back to the dungenous room again, by this time I was losing the will to live and just wanted to go home but the flight would have cost us a lot extra. Therefore, we went to look at what the food was like (I only wish we hadn't). It was basic salad mainly. The meat was a sort of chicken watery stew, cold wedge chips sometimes, or some barbacued beef burgers but, I can see were these were cooked (the raw meat was left outside for all the flies etc to pick at, the barbacue was not wiped down or cleaned from the previous use and who kows how clean the chef was (all the staff looked scruffy and unclean).

As for the pool, all the sunbeds were dingy, dirty (as a number fo drunks had slept the night on them from their load & drunken pool kareoke parties until 4am the night before). People were supposed to shower before getting into this pool but, nobody did and young babies were put in their without a nappy on (yuk) and frequently the staff were pushed in fully clothed.

What a nightmare this holiday was, all our spending money was used to pay for taxi to and from town for meals including breakfast, dinner and tea in case we caught somehting nasty at our hotel as quite a few people had been hit with the perverbial trots whilst we had been there.

The noise from the pool bar at night was extremely herendous, we did complain and the music did stop for one night but went back to full scale after that. So my poor Mother never did get a good night's sleep, nor did I in fact.

So, here we were drinking coffee with powdered milk out of dirty plastic cups, the cups had chips in the cups. If we hadn't brought out spending money we would have starved. The room and beds were so dingy, I have the bites to prove it. Spending money on taxis everywhere as although, the agents said the hotel was located on a small incline, it was actually the side of a steep mountain road. So as you can imagine, we were counting the hours to coming home again.

Therefore, whatever you do, do not (I repeat) do not, for your own health & safety book into this hotel. The hotel from hell and back!!

• Liked — The way out
  • Disliked — The way in
  • Stayed September 2008
london
Reviewed September 9, 2008

hotel recptionist broke my lock (i was given the wrong key) told me to pay £50 i didnt . on check out they told me i was l not leaving unless i paid i still said no 10 mins later they called be back halfed it i still said no then they pointed to the police who were outside to prevent me leaving so to avoid a beating i paid £20
the food was bad the drinks watered down the chairs falling apart
never would i step foot in this or any of the other literia chain of hotels / or should i say poor standard b&b

• Liked — next to pool
  • Disliked — damp mould hard beds even harder pillows