Seyir Village Hotel
Ranked #78 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Ok.

We booked THREE twinned rooms we got a Family room and a double. The good news is that the family room 501 (Above the reception) is as I was told was the best rooms in the hotel. Yes, the rooms was big much bigger than I am use to in the area (visted 5 times to the same area), very clean, nice decor, Kingsize bed (master bedroom) bath/shower/jaquIzy combo. thats the good points, still had a couple of broken/damaged sockets/light switches! but overall happy with the two rooms and bathroom in the family room.

Bad news is that my Mum and Sister shared the double room!! Poor decor, Dirty walls basic..very basic. It was their first trip to Turkey, They wouldn't book the same hotel..don't think they would even return to Turkey, shame as even most of the Basic hotels in the area are clean and a decent standard. Just think that the Seyir falls under that.

We heard just about everyday that the new arrivals hadn't unpacked and was waiting for a room change. One person said a small group had waited in the Reception ALL NIGHT for a room change. Another tale that a large family had been put in a room with FOUR double beds, tight to say the least!!

This was our first all inclusive in the area.

Food - was ok, good even sometimes, but the problems at meal times was little things like No cups ready, no butter/bread out when the meal has just started, eager waiters taking your cups/plates away when you haven't finished, small stuff that just is a little annoying.

Bar - Service was ok, drinks nice enough free upto 11pm or as in most cases upto 10:50pm. I went for a "free" drink at 10:58pm and was asked to pay..told Carlos I'd been waiting a minute to be served and that it wasn't 11pm (by ANY clock) so just sat back down.

Very Loud Karoke (when the mike worked) EVERY NIGHT, just got a bit boring, but if you had a few drinks inside you it was quite enjoyable..in a strange way.

Pool - Nice pool and slide, some great fun and the odd minor bruise there. lacked sunbeds when busy and ONLY about 3/4 Parosals. so we had to get up early to get a sunbed near the bushies/trees, but should you really have to get up at 7:30am for that?

Never spoke to our rep (Goldtrail) saw her there most of the time (off duty) when she was working, didn't notice her she certainly never came round asking if everything was ok or even approach our table when she saw us sat there.

The Hotel needs a real big shake up from the management (or a change in the Management too), it wants a little upgrade here and there. A spruce up of the rooms

The Staff need training how to handle customers, too many times I saw a uncareing attitude and a sort of "Its a basic hotel" shrug of the shoulders, but even then there should be a certain amout of respect. Never really felt we was "looked after" unlike most hotels even the "Basic" hotels in the area when the staff really do try and sort out your problems, here it just seemed they couldn't REALLY care. This go's back to the training or lack of it

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Baroslfc5

Reviewed September 17, 2008

Uhmmm where shall I start?!? My boyfriend and I booked a very late deal with the Coop, told it was lovely and only one place left... so went for it... why not, it cant be that bad surely??

We arrived at about 4.30pm Turkish time, and were shown to our room.... sorry I mean rabbit hutch in the sky! The guy who took out bags for us... wouldn’t even let us carry them when we asked to... then wanted a tip... cheeky git but because we are nice we gave him a quid :o) As soon as he left I told my boyfriend not to even bother unpacking... we were moving rooms.... after all he had only walked across the room and already banged his head trying to go to the loo.... yes we were in the attic! Went down to reception, and knowing a little Turkish was polite in their language... thinking this might help... it didn’t! There were no rooms left. So off we went to the bar... sitting there very disheartened we got talking to some great guys... this was the start of an ok holiday, only made good by the people we met... oh and learning there was a water flume in the pool!

The food wasn’t that great to be fair... in fact it was crap... but I’m not fussy and we really didn’t pay for paradise, having only paid £320 each. Please note a wouldn’t have wanted to pay a penny more... if you see a holiday here for more DONT GO you wont get your moneys worth!!!

So any way... you will be served rubbish food... but hopefully if your not fussy you will be ok... my BF lost weight on the other hand, as he didn’t like it at all! When chips got served there was a stampede... so British, but when it’s that bad, you can’t beat a plate of chips. All I will say is take some spending money with you so you can go out for some nice meals while you are there!

The pool: Our first day was a bit of a wash out, because we had meet some new friends the night before and stayed up late, we didn’t come down until mid day, by this time there were no sun beds... you have to turn in to a non British tourist.. and get up early to get a sun bed by putting your towel down... if you know what I mean! Oh and don’t think your getting any shade... there are no umbrellas!!!

The pool was lovely though, and the flume was GREAT. Put on 4 times a day for 30 mins at a time, made it something to look forward to... everyone had a go and laughed at each other, played games etc.... really was good fun!!

Evening: No entertainment really, the poor bar manager tried is best... really nice guy...unlike the other bar staff who cant crack a smile! But all the same we had fun drinking and singing on a couple of our nights. When we weren’t joining in it was a little loud in bed... but it’s what you have to expect when on holiday, unless you stay in a large resort.

We did get a new room after our 3rd day, only because I had asked everyday... and got very pointy fingered. Our new room was much better... again not paradise but ok. Room was clean enough, bit of discolouration on the bath tiles. What you have to take in to account is that 3 stars in Turkey are not the same as the UK. They have different standards.

Over all our holiday was ok, I wouldn’t go back or tell a friend to go to this hotel... but I would go back to the area... really lovely! Because it’s a small hotel, you get to talk to everyone and meet some great people/ friends, for this it was worth going for, along with the flume of course.

Not a holiday from hell, but be careful how much you pay, there is a place for holidays like this. If your on a budget don’t expect the world! 1 week here would be ok if that’s all you can afford. The weather will be worth it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpanGloucestershire
Reviewed September 9, 2008

My Mother and I arrived aproximately 6.30pm and were led to a small but reasonable reception, so we were a little relieved as the reviews on various websites had been so negative, although, we were assured by the travel agents that the reviews that they received were all positive.

However, as we were taken out of the receiption towards our room, it became very obvious that this hotel was in need of a major overhaul, to say the least. I passed a couple of rooms and looked into their doorways to notice what I can only discribe as 'dungeonlike' decor and furnishings, they were very dark, the furninshings were old dark, made of dark wood which needed a good clean. Then, we were told that one of these rooms were ours, we were devastated,

The room consisted of one smelly wardrobe which was filthy inside and out (I refused to unpack), a filthy dusty floor (a toenail cutting next to the bed was left there all week in case the maids decided to clean). There was only one 3 drawer chest of drawers which again were filthy inside and a miror on the wall. This was all that we had in the main bedroom (so much for hair dryer, sky tv and fridge which we were promised).

Then I ventured the bathroom (ughhh gross), this had a broken toilet with green and black mould at the bottom, the shower/bath was in the midst of black mould & grime (this was never cleaned out by the maids) but, the water was hot when the shower actually worked properly (had to get the shower head fixed as the water gave up on us a few times).

We decied to see the Goldtrail rep to get either a better room or an upgrade to a better hotel. This was a waste of time, as when trying to to tell her our problem with the room and hotel, she had stopped listening to me to cast her eyes on something the other side of the pool, and when I asked her what she was looking at she said 'I dunno'. I asked her if she had listened to a word that I had said, but I was told 'yeah but, I can't do anything for you, you have to phone Goldtrail head office at Marmaris as they deal with bookings. I said to her that that phone call was her job as a rep but, she just ignored me and shrugged her shoulders (what an attitude).

We asked at the hotel reception for a better room and after half an hour they showed us smaller but darker room in the basement (no view just a brick wall), this had a shower curtain and no bath (a wet room without a sloped floor) so we refused this room too although, she kept askiing for our old key until my Mother snatched it off her again.

So back to the dungenous room again, by this time I was losing the will to live and just wanted to go home but the flight would have cost us a lot extra. Therefore, we went to look at what the food was like (I only wish we hadn't). It was basic salad mainly. The meat was a sort of chicken watery stew, cold wedge chips sometimes, or some barbacued beef burgers but, I can see were these were cooked (the raw meat was left outside for all the flies etc to pick at, the barbacue was not wiped down or cleaned from the previous use and who kows how clean the chef was (all the staff looked scruffy and unclean).

As for the pool, all the sunbeds were dingy, dirty (as a number fo drunks had slept the night on them from their load & drunken pool kareoke parties until 4am the night before). People were supposed to shower before getting into this pool but, nobody did and young babies were put in their without a nappy on (yuk) and frequently the staff were pushed in fully clothed.

What a nightmare this holiday was, all our spending money was used to pay for taxi to and from town for meals including breakfast, dinner and tea in case we caught somehting nasty at our hotel as quite a few people had been hit with the perverbial trots whilst we had been there.

The noise from the pool bar at night was extremely herendous, we did complain and the music did stop for one night but went back to full scale after that. So my poor Mother never did get a good night's sleep, nor did I in fact.

So, here we were drinking coffee with powdered milk out of dirty plastic cups, the cups had chips in the cups. If we hadn't brought out spending money we would have starved. The room and beds were so dingy, I have the bites to prove it. Spending money on taxis everywhere as although, the agents said the hotel was located on a small incline, it was actually the side of a steep mountain road. So as you can imagine, we were counting the hours to coming home again.

Therefore, whatever you do, do not (I repeat) do not, for your own health & safety book into this hotel. The hotel from hell and back!!

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 9, 2008

hotel recptionist broke my lock (i was given the wrong key) told me to pay £50 i didnt . on check out they told me i was l not leaving unless i paid i still said no 10 mins later they called be back halfed it i still said no then they pointed to the police who were outside to prevent me leaving so to avoid a beating i paid £20
the food was bad the drinks watered down the chairs falling apart
never would i step foot in this or any of the other literia chain of hotels / or should i say poor standard b&b

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 9, 2008

This is not a great hotel and compares poorly with any other all inclusive hotel I have stopped in. The choice of food is limited and snacks and extras are in short supply. The bar staff are good and do their best (the 11 o'clock free drinks shutdown is the hotel's rule not theirs. Don't shoot the messenger). The location is okay. The pool area is good. What makes the difference on whether this is okay or dreadful is the room you are in. I booked for myself, my partner and two teenage daughters and was told we would get two adjoining rooms. What we got was one of the two family rooms (two linked rooms 1 bathroom) above the reception area. These are by far the best rooms in the hotel and having shown ours and be shown round others we were very glad where we were. This is a very cheap hotel if booked direct so do not expect the same standards of that from a major package group.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ChrisGUK
Reviewed September 8, 2008

My partner and I arrived at 06.45 on Monday 1st Sept 2008 for one week AI .
We were shown to our "room" and after the initial shock of it resembling a prison cell we left our suitcases and decided to check out the hotel amenities .... this took less than 5 minutes .
The overall impression was not exactly favourable , everywhere was filthy .
We managed to get the electic supply to work after several attempts , realising you had to leave your key at a certain angle in the fitment to keep the electric supply constant .
This enabled us to see the bathroom ... not a great acheivement as it was disgusting , mould and bugs in abundance .
No TV , hairdryer or mini bar as advertised .
The pool area had sunbeds , certainly these came with mattresses but the majority were in such a poor state of repair it was more comfortable without !
The breakfast consisted of the same selection everyday - eggs ( boiled or scrambled ) frankfurters , cold meats , cheese and salad ( none of which was covered )
The only saving grace was the bread but what on earth the spread was we are still debating !
Tea , coffee and "orange juice" were available - but most times no cups to put it in !
Lunch was the same culinary delight , only enhanced by trays of different types of salad which had been sweating under cling film .
By the end of the week the guests were requesting chips by the tray as this was the only food they would eat as they were freshly cooked .....
Dinner was exactly the same , so most guests would travel outside to eat .
The entertainment consisted of whatever music the barmen wanted , this being played so loudly you had to shout to each other even at the far end of the pool - evenings were a film for the younger guests shown on a TV screen situated in the bar area , followed by karaoke which normally went on until 2.00 am at the same volumn of the day time music .
Any people trying to get to sleep who asked for the volumn to be turned down were ignored .
Other guests in the hotel had far worse experiences than us , their rooms were totally unsuitable for their needs . More than a few guests requested transfers to other hotels or at least better rooms , this was a fruitless task as we were told no other hotels were available .
Some people even paid for accomodation in nearby apartments to escape , others swapped rooms with each other as the hotel staff could not or would not accept there were any problems with the rooms offered .
We are both extremely disappointed , I , having been to Turkey on three previous occasions have never stayed in a hotel like it !
My partner has said it has put him off going to Turkey again as the lack of any response to our complaints to the staff were completely ignored , this after my ravings on how friendly and helpful I had always found the Turkish people to be on previous holidays !
The only good thing apart from the weather was the friendships we made ....
Doreena and her daughter Camille . Lisa and Holly .
Rob and Joan . Not forgetting Ernie , the karaoke king ( well after a few drinks any way )
Thanks for sharing the stalag and the laughs we had xx

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We booked a last minute holiday through the Internet and got an All Inclusive week at the Hotel Seyir, Turkey. It cost us nearly £400 each (myself 45, and my two daughter's 24 and 14). For this amount of money, we did expect a decent standard of accommodation and food for our money. Sadly, this was not the case. The food was disgusting. One evening, I cut into my chicken and asked my daughters if I had a nose bleed? Sadly no!!! It was the blood coming out of my chicken!! I complained to a staff member who simply took my plate and gave me another plate of the chicken from the same serving dish!!! I refused!! At best the food was very, very basic and whatever was not eaten at one meal was re-used for the next meal. The All Inclusive was extremely misleading and would urge anyone considering this holiday to seriously re think this option unless you have a cast iron stomach and can eat anything!!! Myself and my pregnant daughter (24) were seriously ill for a week after arriving home. We found the staff lovely except for one particular member named Alex! He thought it would be OK to attempt to kiss my 14 year old daughter who is an Insulin Dependent Diabetic and just coming out of our room after injecting!!! Needless to say, I frogmarched him in front of all holiday makers and shamed him completely. I called in the manager who did support me and my daughters completely. I attempted to contact the Goldtrail Rep but this was useless. She was hardly ever there, and when she was, she was at the bar drinking and flirting with the younger members of staff. She made absolutely no attempt to interact with any of us at all. When I approached her and complained that we had never met, she simply said "Oh, I was here last night for a while!!!" Yes, thank you darling!! Completely unsatisfactory and useless!! The rooms were very basic, paid £25 for air conditioning for a week (but it did work well). Bed linen and towels were clean every day. Pool lovely but sunbeds filthy. Staff very over friendly and jumped in the pool constantly with their clothes and shoes on!! Disgusting!! They seem to forget that they work there, and the rest of us have paid a lot of money to stay there!! The young man, and the young lady on the reception were lovely and could not have been more helpful to us. The all inclusive drinks stopped at 11pm and my daughter's were shouted at for trying to get a cup of tea at 11.01pm!!! The bar staff decide at about 10.30pm to 'dance' for everyone! PLEASE!! It was rather embarassing but they did try hard bless them! However, this did stop them serving all inclusive drinks to people who were waiting to be served because obviously this stopped at 11pm! Good plan eh?! Hygeine was disgusting. Witnessed bar staff just running used plastic cups out under a cold tap then re-using them!! Also, tried to serve me a dirty cup of lemonade with two dead wasps in! I declined!! However, we did manage to make the most of our holiday and the night life in town was great. The Blue Lagoon is wonderful and the scenery is beautiful. Also, my eldest daughter found out that she was pregnant during the holiday so will always have very happy memories of Turkey!!! Please Hotel Seyir..... stop your staff being too over friendly with the paying public and get a decent chef employed!!! Please Goldtrail................. employ people who will actually do the job properly!!! She was less than useless and could not care less about anyone except herself!! I have been abroad many times and this is the ONLY time that I have ever met such a useless Rep. Stop paying people like this and employ Reps who actually want to do the job!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)