“very disapointed with the greenland”
Review of Hotel Greenland

Hotel Greenland
Ranked #15 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We arrived the early hours of the morning with one four year old a seven and eight year old in our party .We had asked for an adjoining family room, plus another room sleeping three people We were shown three seperate rooms ,and to say they were dark would be an understatment .The rooms were no bigger than 10x12.,and you can barely sit on the balcony having been to this part of Turkey many times this was no where near four star Ibelieve you can upgrade [which Iwould recomend] but as there was so many of us it would have been very expensive starting at 25 pounds per room per night

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed June 13, 2010

This was my 2nd time in Greenlands and can not fault it in any way. The staff are so friendly and they work so hard.They will go out of their way to help you with anything. The rooms are cleaned every day and it is all so spotlessly clean This includes the bedding and towels.The food is varied so there is always something that you would like be it hot or cold.It was also plentiful. The restaurant staff were always so helpful and very friendly. There are 2 very large swimming pools and 2 small pool for the children all of which are clean too.
The location of the hotel is lovely with lost to see and do. The perfect holiday with very friendly staff. There is always something to do depending on what you want. You can just laze round one of the pools and soak up the sun. If you want to skip lunch because you had a big breakfast you can have an afternoon snack. There is plenty to drink too.
You might want to go to the local market or get the free bus to the blue lagoon.
I would most certainly stay at Greenlands again.

2  Thank mccoleman28
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I stayed with my mum at Hotel Greenland, first time to Turkey. We researched through Tripadvisor beforehand - and what a great choice!
Arrived on a beautiful, hot day and were immediately shown to our deluxe twin room by a friendly and efficient staff member. I had asked at time of booking for a high room overlooking the pool, were given room 636, perfect.....
The room was exceptionally clean, spacious and beautifully furnished. Couldn't believe the bathroom, lovely big bath, fixed head shower, large mirror and sink area. Beds were firm and comfy and plenty of storage space. The balcony had a small table and chairs and a fantastic view over the pool area. Mini-bar and flat screen tv with plenty of channels including music and bbc world news if you needed them.
The hotel grounds are delightful, and a joy to walk though. We saw tortoises, chickens (with their babies) and plenty of shaded spots lush with plants, shrubs and flowers. The gardener was always busy making sure everywhere was watered and always had a smile and a wave for us.
The restaurant is large and airy, with attentive, helpful and cheerful staff. Yes, they are a bit too quick sometimes with removing your plates, glasses etc. but it was never a problem, just had to be aware! There are outside eating areas at the back of the restaurant which we ate in mainly at dinner. If you don't like cats, stay away from this area, I have 4 and I wish mine were as patient and well behaved as the Greenland pussies! They never once came upto your table, but sit at a respectful distance, patiently waiting for a tidbit.
The food was a dream and as mum is a fish eating veggie this was a concern but we needn't have worried. Breakfast there was omelettes, pancakes with cherry sauce, honey or lemon, a selection of cerals, assortment of breads and rolls, cheese, salami, eggie bread!?, scrambled eggs, home made baked beans, fresh slices of watermelon, oranges, appples, pastries.
Lunch and dinner, we had smoked trout, anchovies, calamari, prawns, there were various platters of mezze, aubergine, courgettes and peppers, butter bean salad in garlic and tomato, 3 or 4 sorts of cheeses, all the different salads you can imagine. Hot dishes, beef stew, chicken with aubergines, slow cooked lamb, rice, pasta as well as children's buffet with chips, frankfurters, nuggets etc.
Wine was a very acceptable white, the red was variable depending on whether you took it from the various bars or restaurant (and they serve it cold!) There were coffee machine stations, which do espresso, cappuccino, chocolate and various teas but for some reason, these were never available before 10am as they switch them off! But the filter coffee in the restaurant was nice.
Best thing for us was the lovely peaceful setting with breathtaking views of the mountains, birdsong and ciccadas. Never got bitten, and I usually get eaten alive! And the top pool area, never crowded, plenty of sunbeds and parasols, pool was exceptionally maintained. We watched from our balcony one evening as the 2 pool staff had a race to tidy the beds and put everthing in order for the next day - was so funny!
I would recommend asking reception , as they did for us, to call Billy's Beach for a pickup to the Blue Lagoon, they will drop you off too! Carole and Tayfun's 12 island boat trip, great boat, used for weddings, bbq lunch very chilled. Also Met, the hotel masseur will arrange for you to be taken to his Pasa Health Club in Hisaronu for massage, Turkish bath etc. Also available at the hotel but we wanted to be 'done' at the same time! We had a full body aroma massage for 40TL each - great value in a lovely hidden paradise....
We will be returing to Greenland next year and the year after....What a top class place for relaxation and the perfect rest. Efficient, friendly staff and top class food.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lorraine C
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I have been to this hotel 6 times in 4 years, i wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. All of the staff are very warm, welcoming and helpful. The entertainment team, Taner, Zehra and Musty are always up for a laugh and Serkan, Bar manager kept us entertained for hours with his humour. They all work so very hard to keep the guests entertained. This year i took my 17yr old daughter (who can get bored easily) absolutely loved it, the staff that were there on my previous holidays made her feel as welcome as all the staff there. I know that some people have different ideas on what a holiday should be, but you have to come here to appreciate how beautiful the surroundings are and just how great the staff are. For those that don't enjoy the entertainment, they can go to Hisaronu, which is full of other entertainment which is only about 20mins away. I love this hotel and will be back in September.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank RuthOrpington
Reviewed June 11, 2010

This was our second visit to the Greenland Hotel and as it was our second enjoyable stay I felt it fair to write a review.

Reading previous good reviews I can only echo all the good comments. Very clean, excellent service, friendly staff, good entertainment and great value.

My family consists of myself, my wife, 15 year old daughter and 4 year old son. Every member enjoyed our holiday and I feel each age was catered for well.

I find it difficult to understand anyone who has had a bad holiday here. This can only be put down to the fact that they booked by mistake, where mislead or simply like to moan. This is the only place where I cannot fault any aspect of the hotel or resort.

Something that hasn't been mentioned in other reviews I've read is the standard of gardens around the hotel. They are absolutely beautiful and make for a wonderful setting for photographs or to just enjoy. A lot of effort is put into the gardens and I feel they deserve a mention.

Thankyou to all staff especially bar staff (managed by Serkan) and the entertainment team (Zehra, Musty and Taner). We will back next year.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

After studying the reviews written last year before booking, most were favourable but some where not, but everytime I searches where to go, Greeland Hotel just kept cropping up, so I booked for May 2010. This was a fabulous Hotel, I had upgraded to deluxe room which was very modern and comfortable with laminate flooring, air conditioning, bath with shower, and lush furnishings. Some reviews I had read criticised the food, this was the biggest load of rubbish ever, the food was amazing, the choice was vast and I defy anybody not to find something they liked. The salad bar had everything you could think of, bread baked freshly every day, also garlic bread, the beef stew was amazing and the dessert table was about eight feet long with cakes, tarts, fruits set in jelly, I didn't know what to pick. The staff are very friendly, and one day our card which opened the door and gave electrcity broke and within 3 minutes of reporting this, the problem was identified and resolved. Although I didn't have children with me, the enertainment for them was quite minimal, although they didn't appear to mind. Having a deluxe room, we were at the top of the complex, which had amazing views with mountains as the backdrop, it really took my breath away. The trip to Olu Deniz beach was also stunning, and about 15 minutes away, but there was a free bus every day. I would recommend this Hotel to anybody and hope to return next year.

Donna (S. Wales)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pillipalla
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This was my first trip to Turkey and i would certainly go back, The Hotel has two pools one for the kids with a floom and another higher up which is a lot quieter. I cannot fault the staff they work so hard with long hours and were always friendly, very talkative and always had smile. The meals were fantastic there is always something to choose from whether you want hot or cold food. The rooms were cleaned every day and the Hotel was kept very clean and tidy. All in all it was a very good holiday, a very good resort, a lovely hotel and wonderful wonderful staff. No bad points from me. Kara, Southampton, UK

1  Thank cloggy87