“Brilliant hotel, a bit of everything” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Greenland

Hotel Greenland
Ranked #18 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel, a bit of everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I travelled to this hotel in June 2011 (bit late in reviewing!) and I had a brilliant holiday! From the sounds of it it is still the same great hotel so I think my review will still be applicable.

We got a great last minute deal, costing us less than £400 each for a week all-inclusive if I recall correctly. The hotel is situated a bit away from everything, beign at the back end of Oludeniz towards Fethiye, but this wasn't a particularly bad thing as it made for great scenery and a more chilled out atmosphere. There is the dolmus that is very regular, cheap and stops just over the road from the hotel. The room was lovely, spacious and clean. We had a room right next to the bottom pool/eating area and I didn't find it too loud, although I did go to bed quite late so I'm not sure on the noise level at the time children might be going to bed. The gardens were well looked after full of lovely flowers. There were two pools - a large pool down the bottom with a slide (not on all of the time) and a kids pool to the side and a quieter, relaxed pool at the top. The bottom pool had music on most of the time and every now and then someone would come and do activities eg. water volleyball, water aerobics. It was good fun and a great break from just chilling, reading, eating, drinking! There was also entertainment on most (if not all?) nights that was pretty entertaining from the couple that I went to when we decided to stay in.

The food was mostly lovely. There were a few dishes that were a little questionable, but there was so much choice it didn't really matter! I found something every day that I really enjoyed. The food also slightly changed each day so you didn't feel like you were eating the same thing every day. There was fresh fruit for every meal, a large variety of hot and cold choices for breakfast (fruit, cereal, pastries, eggs, meat etc.) plus omelettes/pancakes. The mid-afternoon snacks were basically chips, toasties, burgers etc. that were served next to the pool. Because of this there was not much time when there wasn't food available! You certainly won't go hungry! There were a lot of flies at the time of year I went, but that is because the hotel is next to a lot of trees and they didn't bother me too much as it certainly wasn't because it was a dirty or smelly hotel. Most of the food is kept well-covered so wasn't really a problem, although some of it wasn't. I don't know whether it was just the time of year that I visited (June). The alcoholic drinks available are fairly limited and you have to pay for anything that is not bog standard, but I did enjoy what I had and there are loads of non-alcoholic drinks.

The hotel does have spa facilities available, but I did not try these so I cannot comment on them. They also had activities going on for the kids (seem to remember them being taken off for archery or something similar?) so that's great if you had kids. The staff are brilliant and very friendly. The night receptionist realised it was my birthday while I was there and left me a flower outside my room for when I got in, it was very sweet.

All in all I'd say this is a hotel that could be suitable for anyone, whether a couple, single person or family and whatever age. Travelling as a couple I did not find it too loud with children, but at the same time I think there was enough to keep the children entertained. I left feel very chilled out (and a little plumper for all that food!)

Room Tip: Rooms at the top are a lot quieter, away from the main reception/eating area.
3 Thank Katie H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last summer on an all inclusive basis.
What they offered for all inclusive was brilliant and the food was always well cooked and enjoyed by us both with different options each day.
We did go to hisaronu a lot of the evenings for dinner. Lots of restaurants and shops here. I can't say we loved this area...but it had everything you needed, I'd say its more suited to families than couples.
The room we had was lovely and clean and couldn't really be faulted in anyway.
Staff were always helpful and in terms of daytime entertainment there was always a lot of activities going on.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Blueskie
England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Me and my friend stayed here in July 2012 and it was everything we were looking for. Easy check in and our room was lovely; Spotlessly clean, plenty of room for 2 girls and all our accessories :-) The bathroom was spacious with clean towels provided every day. We paid a deposit for our safe in the room but most hotels are like that nowadays.
Our room was located around the top pool (the quieter pool). It was mainly adults around this pool just relaxing, the families with smaller children were found at the bottom pool with the small children's pool next to it and with a water slide in the main one keeping everyone entertained. This pool was a lot noisier but looked like lots of fun!

Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas available - you'll need them in the high season, it was 42 degrees when we were there.

Food was lovely, plenty of choice, even for fussy eaters like me. Drinks were good and all the bar staff and restaurant staff were friendly and efficient.

Entertainment - we made our own! It wasn't for us, having said that, I've been to Turkey 4 times and in my experience it doesn't tend to be catered to us English....more Eurovision but the thought is there!

It's in a quiet location which is just what we were looking for. Yes there are bugs, but what do people expect - you're in a hot country!

To all who have booked and reading this, you'll have a lovely time - enjoy.

Room Tip: Upper pool is the best - nice and relaxing
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank DanniRi
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our 3rd time to Greenland, and as always it never disappoints!
The rooms are lovely, the cleaning lady works very hard and well deserves any tip you would like to give her.
Food as always was a good choice, there is always something to eat no matter how fussy you are!
Always great people,you tend to find that people do go back again and again - because its fab!
Im running out of things to say about this hotel, as we always review, and its always great!
Would recommend the turkish bath with Josef, and also talk of the town.
Going back again this year, cant wait!
Keep it up Greenland!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Tina M
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Travelled here for my birthday in June last year with my partner. We arrived in the very early hours of the morning of my birthday and were shown straight to our rooms by a kind man who carried our bags up the hill and the stairs, he even offered us food and drinks. In the morning I woke to find a birthday card and a rose outside the door left by the man on reception. This is an exceptional hotel, the staff are fantastic, there are bus stops just down the road for easy access into towns and the location is idyllic with the mountain backdrops. We spent most of our time in the hotel around the top pool where there tended to be less children. There are turtles that wander around the grounds and are just the sweetest creatures in the world. The food was varied and tasted great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and fully intend on returning next year

10 Thank YodaJo
South Cave, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent a week in this hotel last July with my boyfriend and parents. As soon as we got to the hotel we were greeted by lovely staff and although it was past meal times were offered food and drinks. We were taken to our room which was just beautiful. We were in a deluxe room...a name that completely suited. The beds were very comfy, and bathroom was very spacious. There were two pools, we stayed in the higher, quiet pool which was lovely. The only thing....get up to put your towels out if you want a good seat! There are refreshment stations just next to the pool and a bar so you are never short of a drink and waiters are constantly clearing up so there are no sticky cups to attract insects! The waiters in the main dining room were delightful and very caring about the service they provided which was excellent. One in particular who's name has escaped me. The food was amazing and especially the breakfast which included freshly cooked to order eggs, pancakes and omelettes. There really was something for everyone (even my really fussy boyfriend!!). The entertainment provided in the evening, although centred towards children at the beginning, was very well thought of and varied. Whilst we were there we saw a dancing act and a belly dancing act, both of which provided great entertainment. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone, it suits most holiday goers as there is something for everyone (unless you're die hard party goers!). I would love to go again this year as I think it is absolutely worth it for the money!! Well done Hotel Greenland!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms near the quiet pool are lovely, but up a bit off a hill which could be problematic if w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank LilyJohnson
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Me and my parnter have been to this hotel 2 years on the trott. The first year was fantastic, staff where great, the people we meet etc etc. The second time we went the year after we was abit disapointed. The food was great yet again but the drink for all inslusive was bad, we love a vodka n coke. Back in england after 5 you would fill tipsey. But at the hotel after 15 we felt fine.
The drinks are either watered down or cheap imports. We wasnt to happy. but apart from this the staff are great the hotel is fab. Great pool, great views, not far from all the action.

Room Tip: For a better room, upgrade to the delux rooms. When you book your holiday. Dont buy anything from th...
4 Thank DJN1981 N