“Amazing holiday”
Review of Balkaya Hotel

Balkaya Hotel
Ranked #85 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good hotel,easy walk into town and awesome staff,loved the holiday.wicked pool,and what ever I asked for I got so thats a big bonus for me,I didnt want to leave.and will be goin back again next year :)

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Jason-teggz

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Iv read some good reviews and sum bad reviews about this hotel im currently just about to leave but wish i could stay longer, the rooms are of a good size for what we needed they was cleaned wen needed as long as u hand the keys in to the reception which is a good idea incase u want a nice sleep, the pool is a very good size and there is plenty of seating around the pool and around the bar, as for the staff they cudnt do enough for you to keep you happy first of all there was solomon (the manager) he ran around all day for everyone nd if he wasnt around he was easy to find and would sort any problems for you, theres ma main main man hamza kept us entertained very pleasent nd again wud do anything to keep you happy ( ma kardes ). And to the rest of the staff although i dont no names were very helpful, i would come back to this hotel no questions asked, and have no complaints what so ever price for the rooms u wudnt get at any other hotel, if you are expecting 5 star treatment then go pay for 5 star hotel but even then you might not get treated and looked after as you can at this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Maskery2236
Reviewed June 26, 2014

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE
Just returned from this dirty smelly hotel 24 th june 2014
I can honestly say its crap solomon what a real nice man get a grip of yourself and your lazy lazy staff .
Pool area is best part of this hotel its beautiful quaint and peaceful if there's to turks or iraqi there causing caos .
Food is a complete joke for any brit who wants a decent diet food is beyond basic to be honest.
All inclusive poorest I have ever seen need to pay for snacks coffee and tea is like sewage only good thing its a bottle beer .
And there's the room filthy old falling apart do you get the picture thats how bad it is real bad
Sheets dont fit the bed do you want to sleep on a bare mattress the sheets dont get changed in the weeks stay we were there towels dont get changed unless the key is handed in and guess what ?we weren't told about this crazy idea .and to top it off the size off my room was like a prison cell air con is not part of the deal its expensive too the toilet facilities are the wost thing I have ever seen in my life totally disgusting filthy smelly brown stained ceramic water flooding the toilet area runnin back to my prison cell so I had to ask for more towels to stop the flood which was a major fault.
Solamon nice guy but you are robbing people of a good holiday you and your lazy team robbing folk of there money and cherished times I can honestly say aviod like a rabbied dog.
The area in and around this hotel are fantastic and if solamon and his cohorts actually heard and listen to the paying guests it could be amazing it seemed the staff could eat and drink o and smoke as much as they liked whilst trying to serve the minions who are actually spending money or have I got it all wrong .
There a lots of hotels in this area choose better than we did .I have wrote a review for the very fist time ever to worn off more silly folk like visiting this hole and I am very sorry for telling the truth DRU

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
6  Thank andrew s
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Just returned from a girly week away staying at the Balkaya and had a fab time.
Having read some of the reviews I must say I was a little worried however I think some of the worst must have been greatly exaggerated.
Ok, it's not a palace but it is clean and comfortable with a great pool and typical Turkish food with plenty of fresh locally grown vegetables and salad, wasn't anything we couldn't eat.
Every member of staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The manager Soloman tries very hard to accommodate everyone's requests and in the main he succeeds.
The Balkaya is a small friendly hotel and we met some really nice, fun people during our stay.
The hotel is off the main road in a charming rural area. We saw local farmers herding their goats and cattle along the road and regularly heard cockerels crowing. Personally we found this all added to the ambience, especially hearing the call to prayer from the local mosque.
It is a 10 min walk into Hisaronu but there are local supermarkets and dolmus only 5 mins away.
This is a budget hotel charging budget prices so please don't expect luxury, have realistic expectations and you will not be disappointed.
I would certainly return to the Balkaya, we had a fabulous time.

Room Tip: I would advise light sleepers to take earplugs as the bar can be noisy into the early hours.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Valerie W
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Got to Balkaya at 11pm Mon night to be met by solomon, the manager. After check in, we were shown to our room. The third floor at the end of corridor with no light on outside. It wasn't the best of start. Inside there were twin beds which were not fitting properly. The shower we were going to use was not fixed to wall, it was swinging off in all directions. I opened the wardrobe door to find it was hanging off also, this could have fallen on me or come off in such a sudden movement that it wasn't safe practice, to use so to leave it and see the manager in morning. I found that when I got in shower, which was old and shabby and yes, horribly close to toilet, it was blocked, the water was all over the small bathroom floor, so I couldn't have a proper shower as the bedroom would have got flooded. The water was so cold you couldn't stand under it first thing. It wasn't even tepid or warm. I had to have a strip wash therefore each morning, as it was freezing. I found out that later it did warm up though. The next day their was no-one to complain to so we went out for day. Told manger who was more than happy to exchange the room for us, which was a bit better and at least the TV was working! The breakfast was cheese, salami, feta cheese, cucumber, toms and boiled eggs each and everyday. No good if you don't like this sort of stuff, I strongly suggest you taking your own cereal box!. Evening meal was very good, plenty and all freshly made. Something different every night and lots of different salads, and accompaniments, followed by fresh fruit every night. On day 5 (sat) I had to go and ask for some clean towels and told the young lad that out room hadn't been cleaned since we went in. The customer service is therefore very poor and little working knowledge of customer satisfaction. To our horror, we found they haven't carried out essential repairs and put the room back for another couple who told us the same problem.
The hotel had a lot of older guests who would stay around there all day.
It is 2 km out of Hisaronu and a good hike up and down everyday. We had no further problems and everything else was fine otherwise.
I would most definitely stay at Pinehill Hotel, cheap and affordable luxury I Center of Hisaronu.
The outside sun beds were very dusty, mancky and generally dirty to sit on as they never get cleaned and were ringing of water when u took them off.

There are far too many mosquito's at night, buzzing in your ear all night long and blumin cockerals barking heavy for next couple of hours. In all my time , This far the worst place to stay, in terms of sleep quality, I was awake on off all night long killing mozzies. Couldn't leave balcony door open as mozzies were all over biting while you were trying to sleep.
A Scottish mother and stupid daughter kept the racket going on almost every night, by becoming too drunk, shouting, banging at their own door and arguing. Proper piss heads, no other words to describe them. They couldn't care less if guests were trying to sleep. I couldn't therefore wait to get home to my own bed, peace and quiet all over.

Room Tip: Double check that everything actually works before you accept the room, otherwise you are landing in...
3  Thank yazz39
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We booked a holiday here last minute (we booked Monday 9th June and flew out on Wednesday 11th) for one week all inclusive at Balkaya! We absolutely loved every minute of it and are already planning a return trip for the same time next year!
Firstly THE HOTEL:
We loved it! It is clean, easily accessible to all the local towns and spacious with plenty of room in the bedrooms for all your stuff plus a little balcony which was nice.
The staff are absolutely amazing! Solomon (hotel manager) was brilliant, so friendly and couldn't do enough for anyone. He was always around to answer any questions, check you were ok or just to have a nice chat with!
Yes the hotel is basic but as others have commented, you get what you pay for! The holidaymakers we met were all lovely and everyone had a great laugh. The food was tasty (yes it was Turkish food but YOU ARE IN TURKEY. So I don't understand why this comes as a shock to people!) and the pool was to die for! There's a beautiful view of the mountains from the hotel and it's a great place to chill out during the afternoon once you've been on your excursions or walked into the town. Hamza who works on the bar, is just fab and a great laugh as is the rest of the staff.
THE AREA:
The area around the hotel is just lovely. You are a 5 minute walk from the main strip in Ovacik where the local shops/restaurants/bars are. Hisaronu is a ten minute walk away and Oludeniz (main strip/beach) is a 5 minute bus journey away. No matter where you are you feel perfectly safe at all times. You can take an evening stroll around at night time and feel completely safe. There's loads of restaurants and bars nearby serving great food and cocktails at all hours if you don't fancy staying in. Everywhere is open till late and all places are perfectly accommodating to families, couples, lone travellers etc. If you chose a B&B or self catering option the local supermarket is open 24 hours.
All in all we had a fab time and for what we paid (£400 total including return flights, all inclusive for 2 people) we had ZERO complaints. If you want 5* treatment then pay a 5* price. Don't expect something for nothing.
We can't wait to return next year, and were both genuinely sad to leave such a beautiful place and such wonderful people! Thanks for making our holiday so wonderful and we WILL see you next year!!! :-)
Lauren and Mark Ramsey xx

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mrs_ramsey1988
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It makes me quite angry when people write poor reviews as they are obviously expecting 5 star accommodation but are only willing to pay 3 star prices, they all need to wake up and smell the coffee and go crawl back under the rock from which they came.....

RANT OVER NOW DOWN TO BUSINESS AND FACTS...........

We had a short 5 night stay at the Balkaya and wish it had been a lot longer. Fantastic hotel fantastic location.

We chose the all inclusive package and were more than happy with what we got for the money.

Sullyman (the boss) and his staff (cant spell your names guys sorry lol) were second to none and could not do enough for us all. Thank you to all of you, you made our stay very special

We met some fantastic people within the first hour of arriving at the hotel who made us feel very welcome and who also made our stay well worthwhile, Thank you to you all and will see you next time, hopefully not in the too distant future.

I would definately recommend a stay at the Balkaya Hotel

Room Tip: If you want wifi in your room request to be above the bar, but do not complain about the music lol...
6  Thank Roy E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oludeniz
Mavi Belce
#10 of 102 in Oludeniz
Pink Palace
Pink Palace
#60 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Balkaya Hotel? Share your experiences!