Balkaya Hotel
Monta Verde Hotel & Villas(Ovacik)(Great Value!)
$24
$23
Han Deluxe Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$55
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$51
$113
  • Breakfast included
Tonoz Beach Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$55
$106
$103
Orbitz.com
$107
Golden Life Resort Hotel & Spa(Ovacik)(Great Value!)
$115
$67
  • Pool
All reviewsfamily roomnext yearsmall hotelboiled eggsmain buildingsun all dayhome from homewhite winecooked freshmeal timesweek holidayall inclusive drinksbrilliant holidayfriendly hotelplenty of sunbedssolomansuleyman
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I'll try and keep this as short as possible because this dreadful hotel doesn't warrant any time spent on it. I have been on many holidays both Europe and Worldwide and stayed in dozens of hotels, some better than others, but I have never been anywhere as awful as The Balkaya! The room we were given was about 8 x 9 ft, just big enough for a double bed with room to walk around it, the bathroom was dark, dingy and mouldy, the tiny balcony had one dirty chair on it and was next to an open drain or garbage pit of some sort, which was filled with rubbish, there was no way of locking the rear door as the key was broken in the lock, so this ground level room was open to any desperate opportunist around. We booked in at 5am and checked out at 11.00 the same day. We even had trouble checking out as the desk staff did not want to hand over our passports without ringing the manager. My worst holiday experience ever. Enough said.

Room Tip: The best tip for a good room is go somewhere else!
2  Thank Sandra J
Reviewed September 10, 2013

this was my first experience of a hotel holiday in turkey and will be my last. the hotel is a complete mess. dirty, mouldy, holes in wall broken shower .......etc etc etc.... I could go on telling you how bad this hotel is but reviews from other people on here say it all...... don.t come to this hotel please you will be very disappointed..!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank drbrucebasingstoke
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Let me start by saying, IF YOU WANT FIVE STAR, THEN PAY FIVE STAR MONEY AND BOOK THE HILTON!
However, if you want to experience Turkey, and lay in the sun, and have a great holiday for next to nothing, then you won't be disappointed.

Some people have champagne tastes, but lemonade money!

I have stayed in All Inclusive's before, and paid double what we paid for this hotel, and have never had as much fun.

The Hotel:
This hotel is in need of some minor refurbishment, but the pool is clean and safe, and there are plenty of sunbeds (with cushions) and umbrellas even when the hotel is fully booked.
It is in a good location for shops and bars/restaurants. Olu Deniz is a short hop on the bus away(for 5 Turkish Lira for two), which is one of the most beautiful places in Turkey. With a stunning beach and Blue Lagoon.
The local shopkeepers are all friendly and don't be afraid to haggle and offer the price you want to pay!

The Rooms:
The room we had was clean and of a good size. (like I said, if you want a sprawling villa then pay up and book one)
There was originally a problem with the balcony door, but Soloman (the manager) had it fixed almost immediately and we had beautiful views of the mountains and the pool.
The family rooms are split over two levels and are the better choice.

The Food:
The choice of food is a little disappointing, but the quality was always good and my wife and I didn't experience any tummy troubles. It was traditional Turkish food most of the time which was always tasty.

The Staff:
The staff were fantastic!! A huge Thank you to Soloman, David, Serjan, Adem, Metin, Elvan and ALL the other staff at the Balkaya for making our stay one of the best holidays we've ever had.
They are all friendly and speak English very well. I tried to make the effort to speak Turkish and I felt that was much appreciated.

Overall:
This was our first holiday without the children and my wife and I had a fantastic time. We would go back tomorrow if we could. For the price you pay you can't really complain, and if the food really isn't to your taste there are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby which are cheap and serve great food including all your favourite English dishes if that's what you go abroad for.

We will be booking again next year!

Tip:
Take English money and change it out there for a better rate. Most of the shops/bars/restaurants take English money anyway and you actually get a better rate that way.
We got 2.7 Lira to the pound back home, whereas the Turkish work it out at 3!

Room Tip: Book a family room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 399Mark
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have been home for a week after a wonderful two weeks at the Balkaya hotel.I would love to be back there right now,the staff are superb,and the whole two weeks were wonderful from start to finish.Met some lovely people from all over the world,thankyou to everyone for a memorable holiday x ps missing you Adams,Sergan,ELvan,soluman,dilek.metin and mrs Metin.see you all soon xx

Room Tip: Brilliant holiday !
3  Thank Debbie20132013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

well im not really sure where to start i have read some of the reveiws on here from people that were at the hotel at the same time as us and all i can think is that you are completely delusional
this hotel is a complete shambles weather you pay £100 or £1000 cleanliness and manners cost nothing ......
the rooms were smelly and dirty they were flee ridden and the bathrooms were covered in mildew the sink was hanging of the wall the toilet pan was digusting......and this was just the first room they put us in after we complained they moved us to what the said was a better room was it heck the only difference was it was staff quarters and they moved a barman out
now we come to the food situation or lack of it the food was just about warm there was never enough lunch was just edible again that was cold and the breakfast selection and i use that word loosely was cold tomato cucumber hard egg and dreid up french stickand that was the choice(hahaha)everyday,i actually witnessed one of the waiters slicing the french stick into a black bag at 10,30 one evening i asked him if there was going to be a supper and he said no mate breakfast bread .........
any wonder it was dreid up and stale tasting
this hotel is a disgrace to the area and to the turkish tourist trade
in my mind this hovel should be closed down ...........
the only people that seem to have good reveiws for it are people that sit at the bar and drink there way to a different place .....i suggest some kind of therapy
KEEP AWAY IT IS BAD BAD BAD THROUGH AND THROUGH