“Great Location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Toronto, Canada
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

This hotel is clean, new, comfortable and in a perfect location! It sits on a side street right off the main strip. Close to bars/restaurants/beaches/shops but still very quiet. It also looks a lot nicer than many of the hotels that we saw.

The staff are pretty non-existant. They don't talk much, can't offer much information and you really shouldn't bother. On the day that we left, I was desperate for the loo and didn't want to take my wallet in with me. I left it with the receptionist and I'm happy to say that it was returned to me with the right amount of cash. So at least they're honest!

The cleaning staff are thorough and fold your towels into pretty shapes. On one day, it was folded into a heart and sprinkled with rose petals.

We didn't try any of the food/breakfast/pool facilities so can't comment on these.

One complaint would be their blankets. They feel like very rough towels. The good thing about them was that we had some mosquito bites and I had a rash. They were perfect for scratching!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Location
  • Disliked — Staff could be more friendly/helpful
1 Thank Tickie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

WOW what a fabulous holiday we had, my husband and I are in our 50s, don't like to have a holiday with only a beach or swimming pool option, Oludeniz has it all, relax in comfort at the pool in the hotel, go down to the beautiful beach swim in warm waters, go to the blue pool swim over to the rocks and go snorkling, lots of fish to see....now the fun bit , paragliding, fabulous you have to try it, words can't explain the BUZZ you get, white water rarfting its a long day but good fun, the jeep safari to Saklikant was a brilliant day out, the views in the mountains are amazing......The dolmus buses are great they run every few minutes so just hop on from any where ( they will stop for you )and so cheap. We found a brilliant place to spend some of our evenings" The Magic Garden", the food and staff are excellent highly recomended..When you have had enough and its time to go to bed to recharge your batteries no better place to go than back to" The Mavruka" with a lovely clean good sized room, full sized shower, a balconey 2 people can sit out on, fridge and free air con.......SUPERB

• Liked — Cleanliness, Comfort & Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008
2 Thank Sandie_TDorset
Herts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

We stayed here for 2 weeks at the end of September into October. The normal turkish breakfast stuff i.e cheese, meat, olives, bread/toaster, cereal etc which was ok. Just watchout for the wasps & flies when they're left half uncovered by clingfilm. One thing I did get a little frustrated with was the scrambled egg..one day it would be just egg as it's supposed to be & then the next day it seems to include large amounts of finely chopped ham (not good if your partner is a vegetarian) as there's not much else to eat. Tea & coffee machine worked well, but the orange juice was well watered down..Robinsons I called it. Overall quite good & I never went hungry. The evening meal was a help yourself buffet style with lots of variation. The food always tasted nice, many dishes are served cold though but it didnt bother me as I was told it's how they are eaten. It has enough variation to cover a vegetarian if required & the desserts are nice too. Overall good. The rooms are spacious with lots of storage space (to hide your smuggled in goodies as the drinks & water in the hotel are very expensive) the rooms are cleaned everyday with clean towels & we had a nice powerful shower, always hot. We had no plug though for the sink which made it awkward to wash clothes if required..maybe take one with u if that bothers you. The pool was nice,plenty of sunbeds & is nice & peaceful. But watchout for the old bar manager if your drinking water from outside the hotel..he will tell you off like a naughty school boy..that's if he's not too busy ogling at your woman! Trust me this man would get a slap back in o'l blighty for what he does with his ogling staring eyes.No respect. You will feel like your being watched by him around the pool, so just dont let him catch you eating or drinking your own food around the pool..the hotel is against you bringing it in. Take a large rucksack ready to do your shopping at the local Azda..it's so much cheaper & so easy to smuggle in with it hidden. I want to say to that the two Turkish lads that worked with him made the place special & friendly..always helpful & so polite. Iahaan & Yosuur I think they were called.The hotel will be at a great loss without them. Overall a good very clean hotel,there's worse out there & I would return here definitely if I was to stay in Olu-deniz again. Hope you enjoy it like we did :) E-P x

• Liked — It was clean,good location,nice food & nice pool
  • Disliked — Too pricey for drinks & water.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank PandEHerts
Bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

We stayed at the Mavruka hotel in the last week of September. The hotel is in a fantastic location, just 30m from the beach, and close to the shops.
On arrival at 6.00 am our room had flooded (due to weather), so we were temporarily relocated to another room. When we got up three hours later we asked to move back to our original room which was in a much better location but the day-time receptionist refused to give us the room. He told us that the room was not available and that there was no sofa bed, both of which were untrue. He was extremely rude to us. When we came back from the beach he left our room key at reception and turned his back on us in order to avoid even saying hello.
However, the hotel is extremely clean, and we found the food excellent. It is turkish food and absolutely delicious (it's meant to be served cold). We fould the barman extremely polite and helpful.
The saddest thing about our holiday is just how rude some tourists are to local people. Why can't people learn to say thank you, preferably in Turkish? It's "teşekkür ederim" (pronounced teshekur ederim). We found Turkish people to be really pleased if we made an effort.

• Liked — Cleanliness and food
  • Disliked — the receptionist
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nikki40
essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2008

Stayed last 2 weeks of september, this is our third stay in a year here.The hotel is excellent for location cleanleless.Cleanest hotel ever been in.Pool is a good size breakfast usual turkey fair but fine.One critissisem the bar manager is new named ramhead, he is very misarable i managed to crack a sunbed unfortuanatley and put it to one side so no one would use it, he said charge to my bill i said yer right thinking a joke, on checkout had to pay 75 lira for it, not happy. For exchursions use activities unlimited owner is ertan they are excellent.Paragliding and jeep safari a must.

• Liked — room pool
  • Disliked — breakfast more variety
1 Thank drivingdave
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

We stayed at the Mavruka in September 2008 and had a great time. The hotel is spotless and the room was one of best we’ve ever had in terms of comfort / storage / bathroom facilities. Fridge and free air con included. The pool is very good for a hotel of this size and sunbeds were not a problem. Very convenient location as well as the main strip in Olu Deniz is just 2 minutes walk away and the beach not much further. Check out their website www.mavrukahotel.net
The only negatives were (i) The quality of food in the evenings - some friends stayed half board at the Mavruka but soon opted for the quality and variation of the food in local restaurants instead. Our favourite by far was the “Toscana” Italian / Mexican on the main street towards the beach on the left. Had to queue at the bar at peak times but well worth the wait ! (ii) The noise – we always take earplugs anyway but the cleaners do start early here !
Top tips : There are signs at every hotel not to bring in food / drink from outside but just use a rucsack / beach bag – avoid any giveaway clanking and no problem ! Cheapest supermarket is “Azda” down the stairs next to Sky Sports. Don’t miss the paragliding – nowhere near as scary as you may think and a great way to see the area from above.

• Liked — Cleanliness / pool / staff
  • Disliked — Some noise - happens everywhere though !
2 Thank AnitaMManchester
leicester uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2008

We stayed here for 2 weeks in May/June 2008. We have been visiting the resort for around 12 years but decided to give this fairly new hotel a try out. Very good generally, but sometimes they lacked basic food materials, such as yoghurt at breakfast, oranges for juice, lemons for drinks. Very clean round pool area and spacious room and bathroom though.

Our main complaint was that on the last night when we went to settle the bill, we had a few confrontational issues. We had been encouraged all holiday to sign for drinks & food and pay on departure. When I asked for the final bill, he wouldn't give me a printed copy, and wrote it on a scrap of paper instead and told there was a 5% credit card surchage to pay as extra. I objected to this, but he insisted it was management policy. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he could not speak English - not very helpful!

Eventually I got a printed receipt and found an overcharge of about £25, which I pointed out and asked for a refund. The receptionist told me he couldn't give me either cash or a refund on my card and that I would have to have drinks at the bar to cover the amount - no good as we were leaving in an hour! Eventually, after some time arguing, he relented and reached into a drawer and gave me the money back - in Turkish lira - again no good as we were due to leave the country shortly!

On my return I emailed Thomas Cook who we booked through to advise them of this. It unfortunately has taken them over 2 months to reply to me - hence my delay in posting this review - poor customer service there from the 2nd largest UK tour operator. They were unhelpful on the whole and suggested the Mavruka offered good value for money. How can it be good value if they are charging customers a percentage to pay their bill by credit card?

We have stayed at other hotels in the resort - Asena Beach, Karbel and Karbel Sun - and none of those charge you extra.

If you book this hotel, please check your bill carefully and try to pay by cash beacuse of the hidden charges is my warning!

• Liked — Cleanliness, spacious rooms
  • Disliked — The receptionist and the charges!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple