“Mavruka Hotel - Aug'13”

Ranked #62 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Mavruka Hotel - Aug'13”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Mostly the reviews for this hotel are spot on in my opinion.

I stayed here mid August, just my 7 year old son and I.

The hotel is in a great location. Tucked away in a nice quiet spot but a couple of mins walk to the main strip.. 5 mins to beach and 15 mins walk to the Blue lagoon.

It's true the receptionist working there are not welcoming and barely raise their heads as you walk in and the owner is the same. But that's not the end of the world!!

The breakfast is as you'd expect on a Turkish holiday and sufficient. If you go half board the food really can be limited and will not get any culinary juices flowing if you enjoy good food. But the food in the town as a whole is not much better, it's food they think tourists want, rather than decent local food. I get better Turkish food in Stoke Newington London, than in Oludeniz so the food is disappointing on the whole.

Back to the hotel, we had a great room (309) which has views over the gardens and pool. The hotel is spotlessly clean in all areas, the rooms are modern and comfortable (apart from the pillows, unless you like very high, very firm pillows). The pool are is also very nice, the large pool has a shallow end of 1.3m and deep end of 1.55m but there is a shallow kids pool too. There are often lilos and inflatables left behind by people going home to play with too, which makes it fun for the kids.

The hotel doesn't have all the usual Turkish entertainment that lots of places put on in the evening, which for me is preferable as it's all tacky and repetitive anyway.

Would I recommend a stay at this hotel.
If you want clean, comfortable, quiet but a short walk to the local attractions, then Yes!!!

When I asked my son if he liked it, he replied it was excellent. He loved the pool and Oludeniz in general. If you go to the Blue lagoon on the weekend it is absolutely ram packed. But weekends days are quieter and it's a great place and very safe for children to play.

1 Thank Awe100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Our first time in Turkey and so pleased with our hotel choice! Very clean room, air con works a treat, friendly staff and close to everything you need! Pool nice and clean and plenty of beds!! Breakfast basic but good start to the day and plenty to eat! Can't believe how cheap Turkey is! I would recommend this hotel for sure. Great Turkish night with belly dancers, Turkish dancers and lots off food.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and just the right size not over crowded the only thing I would say the hotel coud work is
1.food needs to be better we had breakfast and the selection was poor I know it's standard cheese , bread , olives but food was left uncovered and just not much choice

2.air con in family room we had two rooms with door between us but only one Air con so room did get warm at night

3. Staff need to make sure the poolside and near toilets was kept slip free

But I know some people say the staff wore rude but that's not the case they kept to them selfs and wore not in ur face all the time like some hotels the maids said hello and the hotel was so pretty with the stair case and flowers in the centre hotel pics in holiday brochure don't do that hotel justice would defo go bak just not for breakfast

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danielle C
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great location, gardens and rooms maintained to a high standard. Reception staff very efficient and helpful. Maid service is very efficient and nothing is too much trouble for them.

I must say after reading reviews on the 'grumpy old man' I was far from surprised to witness how nice he actually is and there is one 'witch hunt' going on here as he is not that at all. I suspect he tries to maintain the quality of the 3 star hotel by having rules (ie breakfast to be ate in dining area and not in rooms' he does this for a reason as imagine if everyone did that .. The extra mess for the cleansers and hygiene etc.. .. Doesn't mean he should have toast thrown at him from a guest. Shame on the people of the UK - was horrified to witness this. So he has my vote.

Who does let the pool par down is the man man constantly in your face, he needs sto step back from his Guest.

All in all, room lovely, Bar area clean and well kept and would return if I wanted to go to the resort again.

Room Tip: My from was fine on the 1st floor, think they are all ok
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel staff and location, third visit must say something, Remmi keep the beers chilled please. See you all soon .. as for the gardener he needs a pat on the back and a pay rise. Fantastic hotel......cant ask for more. Thank you all.

3 Thank ajs2103
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I checked in with my 3 mates early morning. We were quickly guided to our rooms without any hesitation and we quickly unpacked and hit the road cause we were hungry and needed to refuel found only 1 restaurant that was open 6am best kebab. Then we had a short stroll around the beach front we were amazed by the scenery breath taking but at the same time tired needed a kip. The hotel is by far the best located within the area very close to the main stream and beach. No room service as we booked only b&b which I think was the best option for this hotel. The breakfast was very minimul I guess it's the same in every hotel in oludeniz as we also tried breakfast in restaurants. The best highlight of mavruka hotel is the bar manager Mehmet he is a gem and an asset to the hotel you cannot miss him he will try and introduce himself soon as you check in and offer you whatever you require from A to Z. I would keep him at the hotel at any cost and get rid of the old chap who seems to show he owns the hotel but not he is just another member of staff probably has worked longer than any other stuff but very miserable. But apart from that we had a blast and and spent most of our time on excursions which we enjoyed immensely. I would recommend oludeniz to anyone as it caters for everyone and the amazing blue logoon beach wow it is a wonder. I'm afraid would not go again as we don't repeat same places and always up for new locations. But this place is truly tremendous.

1 Thank Mashikder
Chef-Boutonne, Poitou-Charentes, France
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at the Mavruka on out firsts rip to Turkey. On our arrival we were welcomed and helped with our luggage to our room. Air conditioning w free with the room so that was good. We got up and made our way to breakfast which was a typical Turkish spread, my daughter and I loved it and my husband and son chose the cereal option.there was plenty to eat. The hotel was spotless and the cleaner on the lower level, contrary to reviews was lovely and always smiled and said hello ( she even taught me a bit of Turkish), lunch was lovely and reasonable.
The pool was.clean and nicely set out and light music was played unlike some of the local hotels which blasted it out all day!!!!! The staff worked their socks off and made us feel welcome and at home. Good sense of humours and brilliant with the kids. The hotel was situated brilliantly of the beach, bars, restaurants and shops. The scenery is breathtaking from the hotel, it was wonderful to wake up to every morning.
I would strongly recommend a holiday in Olu Deniz and staying at the Mavruka we loved it and will definitely be returning again.