Me & my boyfriend stayed at the Mavruka for 2 week from 1st July. We arrived about 4:30am turkish time to a beautiful looking hotel and helpful reception staff who took our cases to our room.
First of all i have noticed a few people who are commenting about Rammi (who they seem to think is the boss and hes not) yes he has a dry sense of humor but after a few days he spoke fine with us had a good laugh played pool with us etc, people need to remember that the staff are working and very long hours may i add, so if somebody isnt full of excitement every hour of the day i dont think he or the hotel deserves a bad review.
Mehmet(bar manager) & Angela (english girlfriend) LOVELY!! we got on so well with them and if you need to know anything Mehmet is the man! Also want to thank mehmet for taking care of me organising the ambulance for when i was rushed to hosptial. We are keeping in contact with mehmet and going to return to turkey next year to wherever he is based.
Eating Out - (our favs but more than enough to choose from)
Mimoza - (walking down from hotel on to the main strip straight in front) AMAZING i think we ate here at least once everyday! best kebabs, wraps, big portions, cheap and friendly staff who dont hassle you.
Captin Hooks - (accross from mimoza) Again friendly staff, nice varied menu & fairly cheap.
The Hang Out - ( beachfront, left hand side, upstairs) Open balcony with amazing views, yummy food too !
Glass man (just down from mavruka) - Makes glass figures so friendly and he makes amazing figures, if you ask he will make whatever you want.
Genuine Fake Factory - 2 shops one with bags purses etc and the clothing shop is further up.
Good to Know points -
1. If you wish to use the fridge and safe in your room you have to pay. We didnt bother with a fridge as we didnt spend much time in our room and anytime we wanted cold drinks we would just buy them from hotel. The safe for 2 weeks was really cheap.
2. We didnt know how the whole BB service worked as we have only ever gone All Inc. first day i must of looked really stupid standing with my money at the bar! when they just take your room number and verything is charged on tab to your room ( keep reciepts if you wish to keep track. You can pay your bill whenever you wish at reception)
3. We had room 413 block 4 (pool view balcony), which we experienced some loud music from the neighbouring hotel, we got used to it after a few days but Mehmet had said if we wanted a move just to ask reception.
4. You cant take food in from shops outwith the hotel.
5. Buy misquito cream/spray.
6. If i had one bad point about the mavruka it would just be the selection of food at breakfast time. We stayed BB, we only tried breakfast 2 times which we didnt find very pleasant but i suppose it depends on what you like to eat at that time in the morning and also i think it is more of a turkish style breakfast afterall we are in turkey! Im one for trying different kinds of food and dont demand a UK breakfast but this is the only part that i struggled with. Anyone that feels the same you can go on to the strip and get other styled brekkys for cheap!! OR the hotel has a set menu which is good.
THURSDAY TURKISH NIGHT (at hotel) - we enjoyed it so i would reccomend it!
Evening Bar (front of hotel) - Angela & Mehmet will be based here also in the evenings, tv & music.
Salon/Hairdresser (front of hotel) - Cant remember the names of the husband and wife who manage this part but they were lovely spoke everyday.
Please dont listen to bad reviews go and check it out, not everyone likes the same things. I think most of the negative reviews are about the food but the location of the hotel is right off the strip so there is plenty of places to eat.
Overall i would rate our stay at mavruka 9/10 and we would return again but on no board basis, hotel only as we didnt enjoy the breakfast. Also if mehmet and angela were still working there as we got on really well with them.
Apologies for a fairly long review - if you have any questions please message me and i will do my best to help
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mavruka Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mavruka Hotel Oludeniz