“First time here, will definitely be back!”
Review of Hotel Karbel Sun

Hotel Karbel Sun
Ranked #52 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
U.K
“First time here, will definitely be back!”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

First time in Olu Deniz and staying at the Karbel Sun, it was wonderfull! a lovely hotel set in gardens. I had a top floor room with sea and mountain view it was lovely. Nice room with 2 single beds just for me, so plenty of space.

All staff are so friendly and will do anything for you.

Lovely pool and bar area.

Enjoyed breakfasts, with lovely fresh bread everyday (dont know why people complain, its so hot why would you want something heavy!).

Location is perfect, 5 mins to beach and 15 mins to Blue Lagoon. The coastline is so beautifull. I think the resort has got the balance just right, there are bars and restaurants but it isnt by any means rowdy like some other resorts.

Did the boat trip around Olu Deniz, payed a bit extra for the boat with just 25 people and it was worth it.Plenty of room, a relaxing day, lots of swimming, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Also did the day trip to Rhodes which was really nice. A long day 07.20 pick up returning at 9pm. The sea was choppy so boat took double the time to reach!

Will definitely come back to this hotel, infact possibly in October. Thankyou to all at the Karbel Sun for a wonderfull holiday!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Camel123

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Came back to Karbel Sun for 2nd time and what can I say...it was like coming home.

It was so nice to see that nothing had really changed - a few new members of staff but all very famaliar faces - especially my boys behind the bar Ahmet and Mehmet.

Had another lovely stay here and they all made me feel so welcome again and have been very sad to leave.

Yes the breakfast can be seen as basic but it was perfect for me as can never eat too much when its hot.

Lovely to see some guests who were there from last year and made some lovely new friends - and thanks to Ali who was very accommodating for me as my friend was staying at another hotel and he let her spend time with me which he could have easily have said no to like some other hotels seem o give the impression of.

Had some lovely cocktails at the pool bar and brilliant Ahmet & Mehmet and Etol was all so lovely and friendly and always looked after everyone - even when they had to deal with some very ignorant andf rude guests.
I stayed in standard room in block 3 and room was perfect for me.My maid also made me smile many days by leaving flowers for me and my room was always spotless. I hired a fridge for the 2nd week which cost about £20 which was lovely especially for keeping my aftersun cold :-)

I am currently planning my 3rd and 4th trip back there and will definitely be not staying anywhere else!! Thanks to all at Karbel Sun for making my holifday a very special one again!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nats2611
Reviewed July 18, 2010

You get to know all the staff who are all really nice. The receptionist went beyond the call of duty. The breakfast is very simple and does not offer much choice but that really did not matter in the long run.

• Stayed July 2010
Langwith, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2010

our group stayed at this hotel for our wedding, 40 people were with us and everyone loved the hotel, it had a warm atmostphere great staff and a superb manager (ali) myself and my wife had the honeymoon suite and it was lovely, the rest of our guests had the standard rooms and everyone really enjoyed the hotel, it is not a 5star but it is not a 5 star price so value for money it was excellent. position is superb, breakfast not so good but we like full english sad hey? will use this hotel again and that speaks loads for a place. superb staff and hope they have a good season and will see them all again next year. from a VERY happy married couple

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank bozakev
London
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Myself and my now husband have stayed at the Karbel Sun Hotel for several years now and each year we go back to the same hotel. The hotel in general is clean and the staff are extremly friendly and will do all they can to help you. It has a very personal touch too Ali the hotel manager has become a good friend now and always meets our requirements when we holiday at Karbel Sun. The bar and resturant staff and chef are all also very accomodating to our requirements. If you go to Olu Deniz in Turkey you must try this hotel, and Im sure like myself and my husband you wil return year after year........Definatley 5 stars...Clair & Bruv!!!!!

1 Thank londonclair
leicestershire
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Read a few reviews before i went and had mixed views about it. Arrived early hours of the morning, got into our room and it was extremely basic, 2 single beds and a bathroom. We pushed the beds together but it isn't the same as having a double as you can fall through the middle. Sheets were awful, especially when you get sunburn. First day, we went to explore, pool was very nice and the gardens are very nice and the views around the hotel are beautiful! All staff (except one) are very friendly and speak quite good english, the main pool bar man speaks english the best. Only one of the staff members, we found horrible, he seems to be the head waitor i think, he short changed us on the third day and the rest of our holiday we just got dirty looks and bad service from him! There were no germans, as we were there for the world cup and no1 cheered for germany! All english and scottish people there and it seemed a very popular hotel. Would reccomend it to everyone, but try and book asap or you will get a room like we did! Also i would reccomend the jeep safari trip with thomas cook in the hotel, so much fun and a great day out!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Just come back from the Karbel Sun (June 2010) and this was my 1st time visit to Olu Deniz and infact Turkey.
Booked hotel direct and dealt with Ali who was great and very nice when finally met him, he also arranged transfers for us too.
Arrived at Dalaman and was transferred to hotel with no problems. 1st impressions of hotel was good, was clean and well maintained. The gardens were well kept and everything was kept looking nice it seemed. I had requested a twin deluxe room on a high floor level. However when i got there and because we was 2 males travelling the room allocated to us was a double room on the top floor we was given a twin on the ground floor. I was a bit annoyed about this as i had said a twin room because we was 2 males and asked for a high floor room. The room i was given was 503 on the ground floor. The room itself was lovely, a bit small but very nice. It had a flat screen TV, fridge, air con and a small balcony but it was facing a brick wall so it was a bit dark. Beds were 2 singles obviously but was a bit hard and the sheets didnt really fit the bed and was quite rough on the skin (not good when you have sun burn)
I contacted reception to see if they was no higher floor rooms but they wasnt until the monday (we arrived on a saturday) so we stayed in 503. On monday we changed rooms to the 1st floor and room 507. This was much better as it was lighter and was exactly the same as 503 in layout. However i was disappointed that from when we went into that room on the monday until the saturday we left (5 days) we didnt have a change in towels or bed linen. I only found out the day before we were due to leave that these should be changed every 3 days. Our cleaner only emptied our bins and gave us new toilet rolls. The floors wasnt cleaned either. So by end of stay room was getting a bit grubby to say the least and the towels were definately needing replenished. Apart from this the rooms were nice and modern.
We was on a B & B basis and breakfast was basic but sufficient. It was the usual cereal, fruit, meat, boiled eggs, bread, jam etc. They was no hot food like bacon, sausage etc so just expect a basic but nice breakfast. It was sufficient for what we needed.

Only other thing that annoyed me was the transfer back to airport. I was told it was 1.15pm but at 1.45pm i was still waiting and the time it took to get to Dalaman by time i had checked in and gone through passport control etc the flight was boarding. The reception staff at hotel didnt even know i was still waiting until i went to ask where the transfer was.

All in all though its a nice hotel, the staff are very friendly, rooms nice, etc. They just need to iron out a few problems thats all but i would definately return to the Karbel Sun. Oh and look out for Lucky the hotels spaniel dog, he is soooo sweet.

Olu Deniz as a resort is great. Really liked it, the beach is lovely, the lagoon great and it has plenty of bars and restaurants without being too loud. We eat at some lovely restaurants and can recommend Sultan Ahmet Restaurant, Toscana Restaurant, Anfora, Buzz Bar and Bella Gusto. Dont go to Josephs though, we had lunch there and got a burger and chips and its was like a burger made out of kit e kat. I spent the next few hours on the toilet as a result. Just as well or maid at hotel left us toilet rolls isnt it, lol.

1 Thank fastdaz