“Home away from home”

Ranked #46 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Home away from home”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The place is near the beach,nice basic but clean room ( u can request for an a/c and fridge for a small amount of payment, which i s a must for us as we have a little one x nice pool!
10% off in the restaurant which is a good news! Fab food and staff! Dont go anywhere else!
Thanks to Mehmet and staff for making our holiday a fantastic one x will defo recommend dis
place!
From anthony,antonette and dylan!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank phinaynurz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Blue Star hotel at Olu Deniz. What sold it for us was the reviews on trip advisor. However i was still a little unsettled based on a couple of negative reviews.

Our flight landed at Dalaman at 9:30pm local time. The transfer took about 1.5 hours as we were the last drop off. The hotel owner and night porter were both present when we arrived. Upon arrival, we were told that the travel broker had requested a twin room for us and not a double room (no good if you are on your honeymoon). I showed the owner the email from the travel broker assuring me that a double room had been requested. However, the travel broker had lied. The owner very kindly offered to switch our room to a basic double (deluxe wouldve been £12 extra per day but we went for the basic).

The room itself was basic but clean. To be honest, we spent very little time at the hotel anyway. Whats the point of a holiday if you are going to be holed up in your room all day? For that purpose, the room served us well.

The shower is out of this world!!! Well worth a mention as its the most powerful shower i have been in. And by the way, the bathroom has a bidet toilet for those that like a little wash after going!

The room had a little balcony with a view of the pool which was nice. Expect some noise as the hotel is a stone's throw away from all the main shops and entertainment on the main strip and just 200 metres away from the beach.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. They change the towels and sheets every two days, before you start chucking them on the floor.

There is a mini market just opposite that seems to be open all hours. This was very useful as we forgot to bring shampoo. Duh.

On the day we checked out, we were allowed to stash our luggage at the hotel as our shuttle was due to pick us up at 5:30pm.

Wi-fi signal is good in the main building. If you have a basic room which is down the steps, the signal is intermittent. Go to hotel orange next door, buy a drink and ask for their wi-fi passcode. You will need it. Hotel orange signal is stronger than the blue star one, bizarrely.

All in all a very pleasant two week stay at this hotel. I will defo stay here again.

Thanks Blue Star!!!

Btw the restaurant food is lovely. ;)

• Stayed October 2012
9 Thank Indigokiwi1
bury
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Loved our time at Blue Star...first couple of weeks in October. We would definately go back there..so laid back and quiet, not too many rooms and plenty of sunbeds. Ate many times in hotel restaurant, fantastic food! Very close to beach but still secluded and private. Rooms small but adequate and cleaned daily. Please note...don't leave anything lying around in plastic bags, it's liable to be taken away as rubbish. This happened to us, I'd put our medication in a plastic bag and hung it on the hook for the tie back for the curtains, due to lack of storage space. On our return to the room I noticed it was missing and informed reception. Thankfully they retrieved the bag and contents...but at least we knew the room was being cleaned!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank elkie55
weston-super-mare
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had two weeks staying at The Blue Star from late Sept to early Oct and i can say from previous hotel experiences the blue star was just about perfect.
Only seconds from the beach,town and restaurants etc. The service is very friendly and the whole hotel very clean and tidy.
If you need a hotel in oludeniz and don,t want to break the bank, go no further than the blue star.
Don't bother using any other restaurant as i the hotels on site restaurant was superb and the cheapest around especially with your 10% discount.
I could go on and on but the only way to really find out is try for yourself i think you won't be disappointed.

top marks Mehmet!!!

DrD

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DrDrapster
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just returned from a week at this hotel. The room was basic but kept very clean. A nice smallish hotel. One of the nicest restuarants in Olu Deniz and nothing is too much trouble for them. My husband dropped his wallet in the hotel grounds and it was returned to him thank goodness. Not a single thing was missing from the wallet.....Will definately stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ElaineH411
Worcester
Reviewed October 5, 2012

On arrival to Turkey 4 of us flew into Dalaman airport and got our transfer to the Blue Star Hotel, only took just over an hour, however we were asked if we wanted a drink and me and my Dad had a Beer and the others a water. Didnt know if it was a courtesy drink or if we had to pay, however when being dropped off I gave the driver a 10 lira tip and he looked at it disgusted and said can of beer 7 lira each. I said sorry gave him a 20 lira note, waiting for him to give me the ten back. He just said I keep the ten as well for tip, jumped in his van and drove of. This made me really annoyed, so please be warned about the drinks if you get the transfer. Anyway none of this reflects on the hotel, but I felt I needed to mention it for those who will use it to get there.

When we checked in late the night porter spoke little english, which caused a problem when he said "I keep passports". I asked why and he just looked at me, after telling him that I wasnt happy with him keeping all our passports, he rang someone who spoke better English to come and explain. This younger male came and just "Dont worry we keep passports to record information, give you back in the morning" He then put them behind the desk in an open letterbox that anyone could have access to. I politely said "Im sorry but im not letting you keep our passports, if you want the information you can either write it down now or ill come back in the morning with them" At this they got really annoyed at us opened up a book and started writing down the information. Im sorry but ive always been told to keep the passport with you at all times. Im sure it would of been safe with them, but I dont take that chance. So in all it wasnt a great start to our trip.

The room we were given was clean and comfortable if not a little small, however were only in the room to sleep and get ready to go out, so not a problem. Maid service was good and the shower nice and powerful. The pool area was again clean, plenty of sunbeds and good size pool. However, the pool was freezing when you first got in.

The location was really good as well, away from the main strip and just round the corner from the beach. What let it down for us was the staff, all the reviews read how friendly and helpful the staff are. I never really found this, in fact at times we felt unwelcome and like we were an inconvenience. The young girl that worked their was particularly rude would rather watch TV then help you at reception, took drink orders and just walked off and talked to someone else. The staff would be short with us when we asked a question, just not good. Im not sure if we had upset them, but I cant see how, we are not difficult people and are always friendly.

A lot people also complained about the breakfast, it comprised of eggs, ham, cheese, bread, tomato, olives, coffee, orange and watermelon. I thought this was fine, but some of the people I was with wanted more fruit available and yogurt. On the first day I asked a young member of staff who worked there where the breakfast was, he said "Two for Breakfast" I realised he thought I wanted to buy two breakfasts and so I said "No, im a guest and have already paid" I then saw where the breakfast place was and I said "I go over their, no breakfast". 15 minutes later he came over with two fried breakfasts, I politely said "No Thankyou" He was less than impressed, for the rest of the holiday everytime I went to breakfast he just gave me an evil look.

I know this was a massive review, but wanted to explain my reasoning's. The hotel gets the basic rights but my experiences was unfriendly, which is why I give it a 3 star rating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank eddie8Worcester
Medstead, Alton, Hants
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have just returned from yet another three week star at the Blue Star Hotel, Oludeniz. As always, it was just wonderful - Mehmet and his staff just cannot do enough to help you, the accommodation is just superb, cleanliness sublime, pool is immaculate, it cannot be faulted in any possible way. We always have the deluxe rooms, larger than the standard, air-con included and it also comes a fridge. Try it once and, like us and many, many others, you will be hooked - we NEVER go anywhere else - there's no need. The Blue Star restaurant, independently run, is incredible too.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and all face the pool but the deluxe are larger, have air-con included and a fr...