This was our second time in Olu Deniz last year staying at Club Sun City which was more expensive for a week (we had 10 days at the Dorian and this was £500 cheaper than a week at Sun City). The standard of the food is good and you can always get something, but it is so cheap to eat out in some fantastic restaurants (Harry's and Captain Hook's are particularly good). It is a hotel with lots of potential but just needs to be managed better. Alex who was one of the bar staff was an excellent ambassador for the hotel and had a great rapport with all holiday makers regardless of age and nationality.
The reception staff are useless, and dont seem particularly experienced. If I was in charge I wouid find someone similar to Alex to put on front of house. It would help if they had some basic English so they could understand and respond to questions, queries or issues.
Rooms are small and basic, the cleaning staff do an amazing job and our room was cleaned daily and to a high standard. They do not have enough staff in general and the waiting staff and reception staff are often the same people. The only staff who wore a uniform were the cleaners, oh and if you get a problem the cleaners sort if out for you much more efficiently than reception.
People who had returned to the hotel commented that it had declined since their last stay.
If it was my hotel I would:-
- lose the animals in the petting zoo, this area smells especially if you are in the rooms close by.
-invest in customer service training for existing staff
- replace some of the dodgy sun beds and parasols
- give the bar and pool area by the restaurant a real deep cleanse
- Make the waiting staff wear a uniform so that they can be identified
- Give Alex, the cleaners and the Catering team a pat on the back for a job well done
- Increase the staffing levels as corners are cut due to lack of resource despite the staff working long hours and working hard.
there is a courtesy bus to the blue lagoon twice a day and this is beautiful, you have to pay for beach beds and food and drink but its very reasonable and they do proper home made chips.
when I read the reviews I was dreading our arrival, however, remember that this is a budget hotel and is good value for money despite some niggles. We had a brilliant time and will definately go back to Olu Deniz again, probably wouldnt stay at the Dorian again but that is because we prefer somewhere a little quieter.
If you have booked dont panic you will have a fabulous time, just make sure you get out and about as Olu Deniz the resort is really to good to miss.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Dorian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorian Hotel Oludeniz
- Mavi Akdeniz