“not bad but plenty of room for improvemnet”
Review of Dorian Hotel

Dorian Hotel
Ranked #94 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Bedford, United Kingdom
“not bad but plenty of room for improvemnet”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

i stayed here with my friend in august for a week it was really enough, overall the hotel looks nice, 2 big pools but very poorly lit at night can be quiet dangerous, the garden foliage needs cutting back and some of the spiky tress poked us in the face when walking by, food not to bad but they do recycle a lot of the food which is normal, there was no entertainment in the evenings which ment we had to endure the young boys behind the bar playing dj, the music was way to load you had to scream at each other, one of our friends asked them to turn it down they did for 2 min and turned it up again, they found this quiet amusing, it coudnt have been to much fun for the people who have children in the apartments by the bar, we had a room at the back tucked away , it wasnt to bad everything worked, but needed some cosmetic work done like door handles missing and shower door wont shut, the public toilets wernt maintained through the day which ment the got quiet grubby by the end of the day, not good for children to use, staff wernt to friendly. they other things might keep you awake are the dogs barking and the prayer from the mosque at 5 in the morning,
they did have chickens by one of the pools and the smell was awful, but they looked well kept.
there was no where to make tea in the room which was a disappointment because after diner you had to wait for breakfast to get a drink,, if your not happy with your room do complain they will move you, definitely needs lots of improvements, we got this holiday quiet cheap do we got what we paid for, i love turkey and will go back but not to this hotel, its only 5 mins from the beach .

Room Tip: if you have children you need an apartment around the back of the other pool not near the dj. do com...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank karli1963

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

On first impression the hotel was really clean, not too busy just a nice number of people and good sized pools. We didnt spend an awful lot of time in this hotel as we booked a number of excursions, also we had not originally booked this hotel we had booked the Akdeniz Beach Hotel but On the Beach messed our booking up!! The pools were really nice and clean, the food was lovely I liked the fact that you could see into the kitchen and watch the chefs cooking. The chefs made their own bread and there was often a bbq on an evening. The restaurant staff were really friendly, although I cant say the same about the bar staff. All of the bar staff were very young I would be surprised if they were over 20, and one day around the pool my friend and I witnessed a female and male bar staff arguing and physically fighting with each other, this was very disconcerting. On the last day one of the bar staff was very rude to me and made comments about my weight which were very upsetting and not what you want to hear when your on holiday!

The manager is a creep! My friend and I were sat talking one night waiting to go out for the night and he sent one of the bar staff over to request we "go and talk to him" He asked us to sit with him, pulled our chairs close to him and tried to make a number of passes at my friend. He was very touchy feely and cringewortly, also bearing in mind he was at least in his 50's and my friend and I are mid-twenties. After trying it on we soon made our excuses and escaped, never to return to that bar on an evening in fear. We also found out the next day that his wife was sat at the other side of the bar whilst he was doing this, which made us feel even more uncomfortable!

The handy man was great, our light went out in the bathroom and he came to fix it straight away with a smile (which was more than what we got out of the female bar staff - I never saw her smile once in 7 days). On the plus side, the hotel was in a very good location, 5 minute walk from the main strip and beach but not too close to hear any noise.

Rooms were very basic, handles were broken off drawers, some fixtures werent finished properly and for some reason we could often hear running water. Maids only came twice in the week to change our towels.

I really liked the food, pools and the look of the hotel it was very attractive although some things let it down.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
County Durham, England
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my best friend so two young women for 1 week.
Cleanliness- our room was cleaned and new towels twice during our stay :-(. But the overall facilities and restaurant area was clean and hygienic!
Location- it is a great location a two minute walk from main restaurant and pub strip. A 5-10 min walk to the beach (pebbles not sand). A two minute walk to the local mini bus (dolmas) service to hisaronu, fethieye etc.
room- basic twin room with a couple of cosmetic damage but nothing major. Working appliances great air con and shower and hair dryer!
Service- food was good all kept warm, few pests (everyday the plants are sprayed) freshly made food for each meal eg bread, pizza, fish or burgers. You can see them making the food during the day in the kitchen!
Overall- the staff were pleasant which is hard considering I don't think they slept much as they were there first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
A pleasant stay at the Dorian but I wouldn't return as I would explore other parts of turkey!
X AMY X

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank xAMYx
Eastbourne
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Having read reviews on this hotel we were expecting the worse, we were more than pleasantly surprised we had a great time. All I can think is people expectations are too high. It's a cheap holiday destination but we thought the food was good the pools were clean, the rooms were clean, we had a couple of problems but they were dealt with immediately by the maintenance team. The only annoying thing was the music at the pool bar but then there is a quiet pool. I have been too this resort previously and stayed bandb this was much better valur

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AdrianA797
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here for two weeks we were worried by the reviews and where initially pleasantly surprised. My booking was set up wrong by the tour operated and having arrived at 2am they kindly gave me a room for the night and agreed I could sort it out in the morning. First room wasn't great but it was a place to rest my head. My next room was amazing with a sea view and spacious.

The hotel staff were great and helped anyway they could with us a demanding lot of people preparing for a wedding. The kitchen even offered to bake the cake although we had this sorted. The first week of my stay was great. Daily cleaning of the rooms, hot water and great service. It got worse in the second week but this appears to be as they had no more staff even though the hotel was at capacity whereas in the first week it had been a third full.

Now some have mentioned the farm but to me homegrown veg and fresh eggs are a plus. The baby animals were a real draw for the children in our party.

There wasn't much entertainment but with such a large party this wasn't a problem.

There is transport links to nearby Fethiye which was great and Hissirono with its bars and clubs is a 7 minute cab drive away

For the price I can't complain

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank TamaraAsling
Reviewed July 26, 2013

For changing the room (if first room isn't good) the stuff asked money - 50$. Food isn't always fresh. They cook some dish for lunch or dinner and you can see it next day in salads or it may be served as other main dish (with souce etc.)
No late breakfast at all, dispite it is provided with all inclusive concept.

• Stayed July 2013
harpenden
Reviewed July 16, 2013

great hotel for 3*. food especially good - been to many all inclusive resorts and this fairs better than most. 2 pools both big and very good. 1st room was basement level and not very nice but were moved to much better room on 1st floor after 1st night. local beer and spirits til 11pm inclusive, also very good and served in nearly pint sized glasses! hot drinks in paper cups so bring a mug if you like your coffee!
would go back, very pleased.

Room Tip: ask for room off of basement.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family