Saray Hotel
Ova Resort Hotel(Ovacik)(Great Value!)
$42
  • Breakfast included
Han Deluxe Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$46
$23
$21
  • Pool
Morina Deluxe Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$5,209
Priceline
Ocean Blue High Class Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$53
$49
$90
$129
$100
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Flying Dutchman Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$67
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Akdeniz Beach Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$49
TripAdvisor
Mavi Belce(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$19
TripAdvisor
All reviewsair connext yearthe main stripturkeyfamily roompool areaturkish nightgreat holidayturkish breakfastlocation is excellenthalf boardlemon treebasic hotelrooms cleaned dailyloved this hotelsunday roaststaying at this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2014

After travelling to Turkey many times before I am used to the basic style of the rooms there, but this was very basic. After reading the review "It was just OK" before we left I felt they were probably being harsh, but its true. Its just OK.

Rooms were ok - nothing to call home about. Enough space, hair dryer in the bathroom, comfortable beds.
Bathroom needed an update 5 years ago - ours was nothing like they are on the photographs so beware.
Walls are exceptionally thin, you can hear everything (my student halls were quieter!) & everytime someone flused their toilet we could hear it in our bathroom - it seems all of the plumbing is a little too connected.
Maids were excellent - clean every day, fresh towels when we needed them.Cannot fault them at all.
Other staff were interesting to say the least. We arrived very early hours after a delay from Manchester and when we arrived only my parter was greeted, nothing was said to me. We were shown to our room and our bags were carried up/down the stairs for us
Bar staff were friendly enough - once you were spending money. I realise this happens everywhere but I felt it was more obvious in this hotel. I was asked 3 times over a week to put more money on our room key, this wasnt a problem for us as it makes things simple but being asked to top it up when we didnt owe money was rude.
Pool area was just as it looks on the photographs. Pool was cold but that is to be expected to early in the season. Very clean. Sunbeds comfortable & plenty available - possibly not enough for peak season when the hotel is full though.
Breakfast was poor. Tried it once, ate out the rest of the week. Lovely breakfasts to be had in the town for very little £££ so it wasn't worth getting up early for.
The only other food we ate from the hotel was the Turkish Night - average again. It was the first of the season so I will give it the benefit of the doubt but I have had MUCH better Turkish Nights from other hotels.
Lots of comments regarding bringing food in. We didnt have any problems from staff but we were discreet - it was only the odd packet of sweets or drinks left over from a day at the beach. I imagine they would probably stop you if you were to walk in with bags full of shopping from AZDA or a takeaway pizza. There is a sign at the entrance asking guests to not bring in food.
Prices of beers and soft drinks from the hotel are fairly average for Turkey - 7TL for an EFES and 4TL for Fanta/Ice Tea etc.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for and we never expected this to be luxury, but i expected more. If you're looking at this hotel I'd go for The Flamingo in Olu Deniz instead! Very similar pricing but far superior in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Emily T
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Funny atmosphere,not very friendly . Room was O.K.cleaners good . The owner a bit strange. No we're for luggage when leaving just unsecured at front doors. Love Turkey , but no return to Saray Hotel. Lots of messing about putting money on room no.rather than just pay as you go.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David H
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just got back after a lovely week at the saray hotel, its in a great location just opposite the Go-carts so only a 2 minute walk to the main strip. Rooms and nice and the bathroom has been updated so is nice and clean. Beds are made daily and rooms cleaned, with clean towels every 2 days ( a new loo roll is left every day ) The pool is big with loads of sun beds and parasols.To pay for anything in the hotel you need to credit your room key with any amount of money at reception, then you just give your room number when you which to purchase anything , you are then given a receipt detailing what you have bought and your remaining balance, any money left at the end of your stay is refunded. Safety deposit box £20 a week, late check out £ 20 which is worth it if you have a late flight, air con is available but we did'nt use it so can not tell you how much it.Ther is a mini fridge in your room stocked with bottles of water and cans of pop,the fridge os checked every day and anything you have is charged to your room.There are a few signs up around the hotel asking you not to take food and drink into hotel which is the norm in turkey, didn't see anyone being challenged over this.James the all round waiter /bar man is lovely, any problems you may have talk to him and he will sort it, don't leave it until your home, if you don't tell them they can't but it right .We really enjoyed our week at the saray hotel and will book again if we go to hissanrou again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misssiobhan2013
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We arrived back from Hisaranou last week. We stayed in the Saray as my partners family had booked to stay and we wanted to be in the vicinity of them while we were there and the best deal we found was at the Saray.

We arrived, and everything was fine. The room was a twin, and we had requested a double so we had to do some moving of furniture straight away. The shower was fairly small, but it was fine. The room walls are paper thin so you can hear everything that your next door and upstairs neighbour is doing or saying, which isn't great. The doors were very heavy and there was no quiet way of closing them, so at night when people are trying to get the rest that they have paid for, people who often woken by doors slamming.

The bar area was good, but the new 'key card' debit way of spending at the bar wasn't great. They advised (forced) you to put money on your room and then it was deducted from your bill after each drink, then give you a receipt. Sometimes this was fine, other times, you were given a receipt and it was incorrect so you have to go through your old receipts to prove that you should have more money on it. One of our party was hit with a 41 tl bill at the end of our trip, which seeing as they would not process your order until there was enough money on the card to cover it, I found ridiculous and an awful way to end our holiday.

There is a resident dog and cockeral across the way who have shouting matches at around 4am, but obviously this is just an observation, and no fault of the hotels. However, at 3am one morning, my partner and I were woken by drilling.Yes, drilling, at 3am. Within our hotel block. I was not at all impressed, especially when we went downstairs the next morning, and no one came to offer an explanation or apology. I went to ask them why we were all disturbed at 3am and only then did I get a (very insincere) apology. Apparently a door was stuck and they had to let people in, but to not even offer your patrons an apology for it, I think is unacceptable.

The food menu was great if you were a paying guest. If you were half board like us, it wasn't great. The selection of food was minimal and catered to the English needs. There wasn't much in the way of variety which I would have liked, and but the food was nice. Our bar was more expensive than the bars on the strip so we chose to eat out and have a drink outside after rather than in the hotel to save a few lira.

You cannot bring your own food and drink into the hotel. It will be confiscated, and we had 2 kids with us, and had to plead with the rep to let us bring in biscuits for the kids.

I think small changes like common courtesy would make this place great and allowing people to spend cash would also be just as great. I liked the area, and Mustafa and James are 2 very hard working, funny men who are great!

All in all, it was just OK.

Room Tip: Pool facing seemed the best. Unless you want the garbage truck at 5am!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Shari A
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I got an amazing deal and stayed here in May for a very good price.
Hotel is in a fantastic location (just behind the go karts) and was very clean and quiet.
Their Turkish breakfast was really nice, and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The shower in my bedroom was big enough for about three people, although my friends had normal size ones in their rooms.
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends