“Fantastic Budget Stay”

Ranked #87 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Budget Stay”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was single female on my own and I stayed here 5th July 2012 for two weeks. I was very apprehensive about staying here after reading all the bad reviews and actually got very upset before I left this country. I arrived late afternoon and was met by the receptionist who could not speak good english, I was shown to my room by a young girl. The room was very basic but it did look clean and the bed was comfortable. There is no kettle in the room so my advice take a travel kettle. I loved this place, the peace and the quiet was what I needed, the views especially were amazing. I never had any bad experience with any of the staff they were always friendly. I find that if you treat people with respect you get respect back and after reading some reviews of what some people have said about the staff I disagree. I had a couple of issues with the room and they came and sorted it straight away, maybe because I was polite and not rude to the staff that was probably why I was treated differently. This hotel grows its own fruit and vegetables which they use in the restaurant, eating fresh food was amazing. If you want english food please don't come here. I loved the turkish food and trying the different meals that the chef provided. Most of the time the pool area was empty as people went out for the day. I would flag the dolman bus down outside the hotel if I wanted to go to the town which I did frequently.

This hotel is cheap and basic and yes you get what you pay for so don't book it if you prefer 5 star treatment because you don't get it here. I would go back and stay there, yes on my own ....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Sharon T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a week at the end of may . The service was excellent even though the person on desk could hardly understand english they were very friendly. The evening meals were great, huge plates full and cheap. The rooms were basic but clean with a nice balcony overlooking the gardens where they have grape vines and people gardening . The hotel was very quiet so we had the pool to ourselves almost there was a nice chilled out atmosphere. Our room also had great views towards the Olu Deniz and the sea, surrounded by mountains at the top of a hill. Being at the top of a hill was an advantage as in the evening we were away from the noise, but it also meant we had to catch a mini bus every time we wanted to go down to the town. (These are quite often)
There was someone there to book excursions and the bar staff were happy to help us.The jeep safari and sea kayaking were both excellent.
The only problem we had was that our toilet didnt flush properly .
A great welcoming, budget stay

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank worldismyoyster779
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

hi all well me and my better half have just returned from olu deniz and the manzara hotel. we arrived at approximatley 3am on saturday the 20th october and our cases were taken off the minibus and were prompltly asked for a tip.ok np jus gave him 10 lira but he was pushy to say the least.anyhow went down the poor driveway with our cases to check in and OMG,the driver had messed up our luggage ..argh! whats this a travel case full of nappies! cant sign in with them. our case had been dropped off at the 1st stop 90km behind us ..ouch.. had all our travel docs etc inside.tried to explain this to reception but the guy didnt speak very much english. to cut a long story short we eventually got our case after the rep tried to rip us off..(ramozan) was the reps name and wanted 35 quid to give it back,after involving the consulate we eventually got our case.(many thanks to halil if your ready this). ok lets get to the nitty gritty. the hotel staff are freindly and welcoming,the food was well cooked on an evening meal and you have the traditional turkish breakfast.(hope you like feta cheese lol). room was basic and cleanish. the hotel is in need of a good refurb if im honest.with a good few licks of paint and a good tidy up it would be lovely.the views from the hotel were really nice overlooking the bay of olu deniz.the weather wasnt brill but when the sun came out it was really nice.
the only thing i didnt really like was the general untidyness of the whole place and the dog which loves eggs when ur at breakfast and sits and begs.not really a problem except that they freely allowed the dog to crap where ever it wanted.... mainly beside the pool. so beware!
on the whole the holiday was great. weather could have been better and the hotel just needs a bloody good tidy up. staff were nice and freindly.bit annoyed on our way back waiting for the minibus as they shut the hotel reception and the lights and everything else and left me and my partner in complete darkness with absolutley no one around.just buggered off and left us to it.
ok i have had my moan lovely place hotel run down and freindly staff. olu deniz is very pretty and would recommend it to anyone just not manzara hotel.(sorry all just my opinion)
hope you find this helpfull

Room Tip: manzara has lovely views,but its very basic and run down.lovely staff but hotel in desperate need of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daz_n_ginny

Travelers are raving about these Oludeniz hotels

South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here for a week in June 2012. Hotel and resort were really quiet and were only a few other couples booked in. Even so, Could not fault the staff who went out of their way to make it a pleasurable stay. Special thanks to Serkan and the lads who were especially friendly and helpful. Breakfast was really nice with the best feta cheese I have tasted. Evening meal was 4 course served at table and although the odd meal was not all to our taste, overall was good. Pool Area was brill and view even better. Sadly the rooms were small and cleaning was almost non existent. Location not too bad. 15-20 minute walk down steep hill into town and bus or taxi back. We only paid £35 each for the week HB each here and could not believe it. If your on a budget do not overlook this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I actually disagree with some of the comments made here for Manzara - it's honestly not that bad!
You've got to remember, this is advertised as a bed and breakfast, not a hotel. It is I believe run by a family, and alas they seem to need a little guidance in the running some aspects of their business.

Some areas they've got spot on. The place outwardly looks fantastic, a great view of the ocean, nestled in some beautiful gardens that are very well kept and obviously someone's pride and joy. A lot of the fruits and vegetables growing there are clearly used in their home cooking too.
NOTE - It IS a very Turkish flavour to their cooking. Don't expect a full English breakfast!

The pool and bar areas are equally great with an excellent view, very nice swimming pool & waterfall, and the bar is always open with friendly bar staff.

Now, bearing in mind that a 3* B&B in Turkey is probably more like a 2* in the UK, you've probably got a mental impression of a fairly basic hotel room. Now before you open that door, consider that it will also look as though it has been decorated by Mr Bean with his exploding paint can technique... and you won't be too far off!
First impression is not great, okay it's bad! - it looks dirty. When you take a closer look, its actually kept fairly clean but the appalling paint job with streaks running down the
walls does make it look shabby. That coupled with "rust-red" grouting in the bathroom does not help the situation.
This is where I really wanted to shake the owner by the shoulders and say 'come on, you've GOT to get this basic stuff sorted'. Faulty Towers definitely springs to mind.

You'll also likely find that you need to ask for extra blankets, and for us English folk it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a cheap travel kettle and a few tea bags as you won't find that either.

Still, all things considered I second the opinion given by another reviewer - "You get what you pay for!". At the end of the day, you're going to have such fun in Oludeniz that the few hours you spend in the room are going to be sleeping soundly (and the bed is at least comfortable!).

To the subject of the rudeness of the staff - I respectfully disagree. There is a clear language barrier. The older lady often found of the desk doesn't speak because her English is clearly almost non existent. The younger girl and the two gents we saw on the desk are better but again, limited vocab. There was a funny incident where we lost the code to our suitcase and I needed a pair of pliers to open the padlock. They very obligingly handed me a fresh clean pillow to aid in my predicament :)
With a little politeness from our side though, all of them were courteous and smiled every day.

Otherwise, Manzara was perfectly situated for us, slap bang between the town of Oludeniz on the beach, and Hisaronu which is your evening restaurants/shopping town. Further up is the "city" of Fethye which is less touristy and more of a typical Turkish residential area, still very good for shopping if you catch the market on Tuesdays.
The buses go right past Manzara, so you just hail them as they pass to take you either direction for a couple of pounds. Look out for their flashing headlights which is a signal asking if you want to be picked up. Signal back to say yes or they'll drive right past you.
Don't attempt to walk down the road to the village or you'll be squashed!

Certainly, my advice is that if the luxuries of the hotel, decor and English breakfast are important to you, then don't go for Manzara, spend a little more and upgrade to 4-5* which will give you something a little bit more on par with an English hotel room.
Otherwise, if you're looking to be close to the heart of Oludeniz, without being kept awake at night by constant parties and noise, it's ideal and cheap!

Love Oludeniz, I'm very tempted to go again - and to be honest, yes, I think I'd probably stay at Manzara again. I'd want to give them some friendly advice about firing their decorator though...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eliot W
england
Reviewed October 8, 2012

returned from manzara hotel 3 weeks ago would not return to this hotel ever poor standards the staff were unfriendly the secruity man was so rude i could of hit him told me to get out of the hotel when i was just taking my daughter home as she wasnt well my hotel was just down the hill and i was leaving to go back there if anyone is thinking of staying at this hotel PLEASE DONT a very bad experience i have been to olu deniz eight times and this is the worst hotel yet

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank debbie c
Rushden, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

just returned from the Manzara Hotel.... glad I hadn't read the reviews before we went,it might have influenced my view!!

Soooo here it is...... 1.Got to the hotel very late, the cook made us a burger which was nice but expensive......2 The room.... loo seat hanging off damp fusty smell old sofa in our room shower dirty, towels grey and hard...and another thing the blanket was hard and horrible bit like an old curtain....
3 Next morning the "rep " came we asked if we could move to a room on ground floor as I have a dodgy knee he said no problem after 12pm when other guests had gone. We packed our cases and took them to reception to change room, owners wife ran after me asking where I was going, I said to change rooms she said no we are full go back to your room I said no we had been told we could change she shouted and ranted and eventually gave us a room when I said I would put it on Trip Advisor!! 3.food started off buffet style by end of week it was just plonked on table no choice cold and horrible, breakfast was turkish but you could pay for english breakfast, air conditioning was an optional extra you could have a remote control for an extra £20 !5.booked trips with rep they couldn't be bothered to turn up on time and the tour guide Borat the meercat was arragant and rude, would not apologise said it wasn't his fault! The hotel is run down and very tired the owners could'nt care less about their guests the food is awful...and another thing..we stuck it out because their were two other couples who were great fun and really made our holiday, Turkey is lovely, the views glorious.......and another thing...you can use the air conditioning manually but don't tell the owners!!!

Room Tip: I can't cos there isn't one!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple