“Great value, clean and friendly hotel”
Review of smartline Flamingo

smartline Flamingo
Ranked #26 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Flamingo with my wife and 2 young kids, 9 and 5. All of us enjoyed our time there and would recommend to anyone, with a few minor caveats.
Location - Olu Deniz was a lot smaller than we thought, but that is not necessarily a bad thing, just beware if you are expecting somewhere bigger like Bodrum and Marmaris. The town is located between two hills and the hotel is at the foot of one of those hills, between 5-10 mins walk from the beach. It's set on about 3 levels so not too good if you have walking difficulties.
Grounds - the surroundings are lovely - lots of trees, shrubs and flowers, all areas are immaculately clean. Buildings are well looked after and attractive in appearance.
Rooms - we were in the deluxe rooms on the higher level (Flamingo 2 I think it's called). The description said they have a side sea view but only those on the higher floors would actually be able to see the sea. We were on the ground floor and had palm trees and the opposite mountain for a view. No complaints though, it was lovely. Room itself was large enough for 2 adults and 2 kids, and had a minibar, air-con, TV, hair dryer and again was cleaned and beds made every day. Some people have commented on the sounds of the mosque and cockerel. Personally it didn't bother us as neither were that loud or lasted a long time and we quite liked the call to prayer from the mosque - found it very relaxing and a reminder that you are in another culture. The rooms on the lower level are a little nearer to both so may be a bit louder. Plus the standard rooms are nearer to the restaurant , some are underneath it, so there may be a little more noise. On the whole, I'd say if you can get a deluxe room, go for one.
Facilities - 2 pools, each with childrens pool. We found the lower level pool to be a bit less crowded than the upper level one, but both were fine, even in the hieght of summer. A warning though - the German mentaity of putting towels on sunbeds early each morning has found it's way here, so if you absolutely must have that sunbed, don't sleep in too late! Also 2 bars, 1 restaurant, 2 pool tables, tennis court.
Food - we went half board but we're all veggies so weren't sure what would be on offer but we needn't have worried - the buffet each night was very good - loads of choice, plus there were always at least two hot meat dishes. The quality of the food was good too, though if you're there for 2 weeks you may fancy a night or two eating in town just for a change. Note, no drinks, not even water is included for eveing meal so you have to pay for them separately. Breakfast was fine too - again a buffet style - toast, cheeses, jams, fresh fruit and veg, some meats, cereal, squash, coffee, sometimes pancakes or omellettes cooked to order. If you're expecting a Full English Fry Up, go elsewhere!
Staff - every one of them, without exception, was friendly and attentive and boy, do they work hard. Many of them must be doing 16-18 hours per day in high season yet they are always helpful and polite, and great with kids. A credit to the hotel and their country.
All in all, I have no hesitation in recommending the Flamingo and we will have fond memories of our stay there.

3  Thank Wellsy123
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at smartline Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

Dear Guest

thank you so so much for your review.It is really important for us.Since you have stayed with us we have improved so many thing.I wish to see you all again

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for smartline Flamingo

Reviewed September 3, 2010

We just returned from a lovely two week stay at Flamingo. It is our second stay at this hotel and was as good as the first. Hotel/rooms/pools etc very clean which is a priority for us. Rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels, the pool is always very clear and the grounds are kept very neat. Management and staff are great and are very helpful and friendly. We stayed half board and the food is very nice, and there is the option to eat very healthily. The Salads are delicious with a nice variety. You also have different meats, cheeses, breads, jam, cereals, toast, sometimes omlettes and pancakes, eggs, tea and coffee for breakfast and on an evening similar but no cereals obviously but veg and hot food. Thank you to Hackan and all your staff for another fab holiday and hope to see you next year. We would recommend bloody gorgeous jeep safari - it is a fun day. Moore family, Leeds

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your time about commenting us they are so important for us.we really hope to see you again

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Just returned from the Flamingo hotel after a weeks stay. I thought I'd write a review as I was apprehensive after reading others before I left for Turkey so I will comment on the areas other reviews have done. Only did B&B so can't comment on food other than breakfast.
The whole week at the flamingo was better than I thought it was going to be. Very clean, rooms cleaned every day with fresh towels. The breakfast was fine but having been to Kas in Turkey the previous year I was expecting what we got. Buffet of bread/toast, melon, oranges, tomatoes, meats, cheeses, jams.There was a guy cooking Omelettes when we got to breakfast at 8am, get there about 9.30am and he's gone. The staff are a mixture of helpful to what can appear rude. I try to keep an open mind with this as some of them can't speak great English and I can't speak Turkish other than Thankyou. Learn this, it goes along way 'Teşekkür ederim' (Te she ker e derim) - and as with any language staff at restaurants and bars appreciate it. To give an example of what I class as rude, when we checked out there was no smile, no hope you had a nice time or have a safe journey home. Just how much we owed for the bar and the air conditioning. Here are my complaints. There were drinks on our room that weren't ours, however there was no fuss from them, just keep a tab yourself. The air conditioning is £4 per day per room. We weren't told by our tour operator, we asked for air con when we booked the holiday but it won't work when you arrive in your room because its not on. You need to ask at reception for it then pay when you leave. We also booked two rooms with sea views, one was and one wasn't, they changed my room the next day. The upper bar area and pool is a bit loud with the music but nothing I would ever complain about, our rooms were fairly close but never disturbed us. As a place to use as a base its great, we hired a car and went upto Pammukale and to Dalyan to the mud baths. Good trips. Oludeniz has really nice beaches, the main strip or street has a good varied choice of restaurants and bars both serving traditional Turkish and English. Its 5/10 mins to the main street from hotel and 15/20 to the beach. The Tuesday market was a massive disappointment, fake sports cloths, fred perrys, trainers. Just a waste of a day unless you like fake cheap crap clothes. Stall after stall of the same stuff. Hardly any Turkish traditional goods. Last thing, August was too hot, reached 48 the day we went to Pammakale.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1_Tilly_80

Reviewed August 19, 2010

After recommendations from friends we decided to try Turkey for the first time, we were a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but learnt from previous experience that everyone has different opinions.
On arrival we found the hotel very clean and welcoming, we sat at the bar for a drink and found the bar staff , especially "superman" as he likes to be called! very friendly.The pool looked lovely too, our room was clean and the towels were laid out in nice fan shapes on the beds as were every day after that in various deigns!! only down side was we had one room with a double and two single beds and one wardrobe between us and our two kids!!, which we found a bit too cramped , the air conditioning was a real godsend as the temperature was over 40!! the noise from the bar did go on late and the prayers from the mosque woke me up at 5 every morning but I soon drifted back off , to be honest the noise in my opinion is part and parcel of staying in a hotel. we've decided that perhaps hotels are not for us anyway now, due to the desire for more space and privacy!!
Breakfast was basic with eggs , cereal, bread and jam and a bit of cold meat and cheese available oh and not forgetting the flies!! we renamed it the "Flamingo hotel!" although to be fair to the staff they did try to do something about it after our rep overheard people complaining about them. and did reduce them considerably.
Oludeniz was very picturesque and the beaches from a distance were lovely, however they were very stony and difficult to walk on, we didn't pay to go to the blue lagoon , thought that was a rip off , we did visit the sugar beach and the sea horse beach (which apparently are the same as the blue lagoon only quieter!!), the staff there ran a free shuttle bus all day there and back, the seahorse was our favourite the sea was like a lake and very warm and crystal clear.
As for eating out we were not disappointed and had some great food , at was hard to choose our favourite place to eat, I would recommend the tuscany and the sultan ahmet also one in hisaronu called la mamma's , very nice and hisaronu was a 10 minute bus ride away well worth a visit.
When I say over-rated I mean we were expecting something wonderful but found an OK place that reminded us of a Greek island resort, the Turkish people were as a whole very nice people , they pestered us a bit to eat in their restaurants but there is a lot of competition so you can understand why they do it and although sometimes annoying , in the end you get used to it.
We went on a boat trip called "the lazy day cruise" with a man called Jerry, it went from Fethiye harbour, it cost £20 each even kids, booked through anatolian sky holidays, but we were amongst only 25 other holidaymakers on the boat so not at all cramped and well worth doing!
Probably wouldn't go back in a hurry, have been to better places but have to say the place had a nice charm about it, and if they sort out the fly problem out and offer more variety food wise I think this hotel is a good bet.

1  Thank EssexSmudgers

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Me and my fIiance stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks halfboard ,
as we arrived we thought the hotel looked very nice .
as we got further into the holiday we didnt spend money in the hotel ,
because it was cheaper outside.
we noticed the staff were not as friendly towards us ,
because we prefferd to go out .
they were more friendly to those that drank from the bar.
i dont mind loud music but ,when it makes your windows rattle at midnight , it isnt very good for those that want to sleep.
our room was perfect , the maids cleaned it really well.
for halfboard the food wasnt very good, same thing every night , not much variety.
the pool area was very clean and tidy ,
ten minute walk to the beach.
i wouldnt go to this hotel again , but were defo going back to olu deniz in the future , its sooo beautiful , make sure you go to blue lagoon AMAZING!!!
please everyone make sure you do the jeep safari with metrolya and if you see murphy , tell him wet sarah said heyy !!

p.s everyone has different opinions ,
iv heard good things and bad things with this hotel , its up to you really,
but i recommend green land hotel ovacik!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saharaTelford

Reviewed July 31, 2010

A total waste of money!!! Iv stayed in hotels all over the world but this was by far the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. I booked with thomas cook and they told me it would be a room with a pool view. Was it hell!! They gave us a dingy room below the bar level and when you looked out all you could see was a messy garden. I actually cried, it was so horrible. The light in the bathroom was so dim you could barely see and it stank so bad that i felt sick and my children didnt want to use the bathroom. It was disgusting. The cleaners didnt even clean the room properly. There was no air conditioning- we had to pay £4 every day!!!!!! and £2 for the safe.
The hotel grounds were nice enough and the kids enjoyed playing in the pool. Couldnt get to sleep at night due to the extremely loud music way after midnight!!!! People need to sleep you know!! Breakfast was very basic....again the most basic iv ever had in any hotel iv stayed in and the menu every night was the same, very boring. Staff were quite friendly. There was a cute one called michael-bit of a flirt!! :-)
In general Ouludeniz was alright..nice scenery etc...friendly people and stuff but i wouldnt go back.
Think il stick to going Dubai every year.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nads99

Reviewed July 31, 2010

For summer 2010, my family and I decided to return to the flamingo hotel, having been extremely impressed with it the year before. However, I have to say that I was slightly disappointed with it this year, mainly as the staff were not as friendly and, although were always polite and provided you with good service, they didn't seem to be interested in you if you did not eat at the hotel and basically if you did not give them money. In contrast, the rooms were clean and fairly new and modern, the maid service was efficient and reliable, the pool areas were well cared for and overall, the hotel was very family orientated, wth pool and table tennis activities, as well as other activities beginning to emerge, such as daily water polo games, etc. Similarly, my family and I also enjoyed the 3 o'clock "cake time", where cakes were brought in from nearby Fethiye; although hotel residents had to pay for them, I did personally find this a nice gesture, which I thought had been well thought out.
However, if you're thinking of booking this hotel, I would definitely advise you to go self-catering, as in my own personal opinion, the food was not up to much. The breakfast basically consisted of bread, jam and fruit EVERY SINGLE DAY and, although I was B&B and so only ate in the hotel on the first night, people I have spoken to have said that the meals were fairly repetitive and lacking in choice. Don't get me wrong, the meal I had there was well-cooked and relatively tasty, but it was nothing in comparison to the excellent choice and quality of food available in the main strip of Olu Deniz (I would definitely recommend Toscana restaurant!)
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Flamingo hotel and I would definitely recommend it to families wanting to enjoy a holiday in Turkey. However, it is a bit of a hike back from the beach and the main strip of bars and restaurants, etc. and please, Flamingo, if you are reading this, do something about the flies!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family