All reviews turtle pool quad room manager hakan air con next year turkey bar staff lovely hotel superior room lower pool half board call to prayer bed and breakfast great holiday the main strip boiled eggs bars and restaurants
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My partner and I stayed in room 503, near the 'family' pool area. The beds were OK, the aircon was adequate, and the room was cleaned to a decent standard every day. The furnishings were very out-dated, it was like a vision from the 1980's!

The room is located very close to the family pool area, which is fine if you have kids, but not so good if you value peace and quiet. If the latter I would recommend earplugs!

The Buffet-style breakfast is served in the bar area by the 'adult-only' pool. It consisted of tea/coffee, a sugary orange coloured drink, processed meat (looked a bit like Spam) in various shades of beige, and yogurt with various fruit toppings which doubled up as jam if you wanted toast. I think there were cornflakes too. There were flies landing on the food, which put me off it. We ate breakfast in other venues in the resort on most days. Finally a word of warning about the system of charging for extras (drinks, food etc). They only allow you to purchase food and drinks from the hotel By adding it to your hotel room 'tab' and settling up at the end. During our stay other guests had warned us that items appear on their bill that they didn't purchase. We only purchased 4 drinks during our entire stay, but were double charged for 2 of them. The junior staff are very approachable and helpful, but I wonder about the integrity of the more senior members of staff.

In summary, i wouldn't choose to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your time about commenting us they are so important for us.we really hope to see you again

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have to say we did not get off to a very good start in that there was no room for us when we arrived and instead we were offered accommodation at a hotel down the road. We were not alone as another couple who arrived with us had the same problem. This was quickly sorted out though and we only had to stay there one night. Staff were very friendly and efficient and the food was very good with a choice to suit most tastes. Plenty of good restaurants close by though if you fancied something different. We stayed two weeks and ended up hiring a car to visit the many attractions in the area and the quieter beaches close by. Great hotel, great location and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard G

Reviewed July 19, 2011

This was our 4th year back to oludeniz and our first time to the flamingo, we arrived in the early hours of 12th july to be told we had no room and had to go to another hotel. We were given no explanation and left in a lower priced hotel for four days. Once we were given a room at flamingo we were being charged for ice creams, beers, etc when we hadn't even been there.
The reception staff were quite rude and ruined the start of our holiday.. it was a shame as had we started our holiday as we had expected we would have had a wonderful time as we do every year, the delux rooms at the flamingo are very nice... just a shame they ruined it for over 100 guests who also had no rooms upon arrival

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

thank you so so much for your review.It is really important for us.Since you have stayed with us we have improved so many thing.I wish to see you all again

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Well where do I start?? This is our 3rd time at the Flamingo in Olu Deniz and it did not disappoint.

Firstly, a very very big thank you to Hakan (the Manager) and his staff, who ALL made us feel very welcome and at home .... it was like visiting family with it being our 3rd time.

The hotel is so picturesque, surrounded by mountain views, banana trees and beautiful flowers and greenery. It is extremely clean, cleaned every day, in fact if there is something laying on the floor or someone accidentally smashes a glass etc (yes we have children) then it is immediately resolved.

The hotel is within 5 minutes walk of the main town with many bars and restaurants along the way. Our favourite was The Magic Garden .... again they remembered us and it felt like greeting long lost family.

We split our time between the hotel and eating out. The hotel food is lovely, they will cater for your every whim ..... my husband asked for an exact meal one evening that was not on the menu and it was served no question. They have entertainment evenings like Turkish Night and BBQ night etc .... they are just so much fun and the staff work so so hard to make sure everyone has a fun time. The breakfasts are nice too .... fresh crusty bread, meats, cheeses, eggs, fruit, cereal, omelette, juices, tea and coffee. More than enough to satisfy most peoples hunger.

The room was as usual very very clean .... towels arranged into swans with flowers etc, We were a family of 4 and stayed in Flamingo 2 .... more than enough room for us and a fabulous view ... which I will miss immensely.

The staff were out of this world .... Hakan was again fabulous and it felt like greeting an old friend when we arrived. He is such a nice, friendly accommodating gentleman, whom I had the pleasure of meeting his wife and family, Mehmmet was crazy (not very often I get served a cold beer by someone wading into the pool handing it to me) ... but he was absolutely the best, so much fun. Ugurcan was on the top bar and to me was the highlight of the holiday ... he is so nice and will miss him so much (a jewel in the Flamingo crown). Halil and Yunus were also stars, so young and yet so hardworking and dedicated ... a credit. All the staff were absolutely fabulous.

I have read some complaints about the call to prayer from the mosque at 5am ...... well It did not wake us and if it did it was rather relaxing and felt quite soothing. During the day the music was turned off for a few minutes during prayer time and we found this very respectful.

That's all I can say really ... I could go on for hours about how fabulous this hotel and its staff are but in summary ....... if you go on holiday to a foreign country then you fit in with their ways, customs and food etc .... isn't that the whole point of a holiday? If you want full English breakfasts, English bars and no mosques then go to Blackpool and don't bother because it spoils it for everyone else.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and cannot wait to go back next year.

Thank you Hakan and your team for making it yet another fabulous memory !

See you in September.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank bungle1323

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at the Flamingo from 9th July to 16th July 2011. Before arriving I had been in email contact with Hakan the hotel manager as I wanted a first floor pool view room in flamingo 1. Hakan assured me that this would be available when we arrived.

On arrival, we were met by a young girl on reception and a male member of staff who ignored us for a few minutes until I said hello. The young girl began dealing with our check in, I explained that I had been in contact with Hakan to arrange a pool view first floor room to which she shrugged her shoulders and said "we will see". We also paid for the air conditioning at this point in full. We followed her over to flamingo 1 where she told us to wait by the pool whilst she dissapeared down the steps to some very dingy looking rooms, she then came back and said follow me. We were led to a room on the ground floor overlooking the pool. I explained that this is not what I had arranged with Hakan, to which she said "whats your problem with the room?", I explained that the room was fine but it needed to be on the first floor. People who were around the pool were literally on top of the balcony, which meant no privacy at all! She then said there was nothing she could do and dissapeared. Both of us stood dumbfounded and decided to go over to reception. My partner handled the situation then as he was beginning to get annoyed with her attitude. The girl said that she had only been at the hotel for a couple of days and it was at this point the man tried to take over. He was very rude which my partner did not appreciate in the 40 degree heat and explained to him that he would sort it out and offered to show him the emails from Hakan which we had printed out. He said that he would try and move us the next day. We returned to the room when we had a phone call from him saying that he would move us soon. After about 30 mins we went back to reception where Hakan the manager had now arrived who told the male member of staff that he would be moving us to room 24 as this had been arranged. Hakan appeared quite annoyed with him. We were shown to this room which was much better as it was on the first floor. A cleaner then let herself into our room without knocking?! She appeared to be a supervisor to the cleaners and began to look all around the room without apologising or explaining what she was doing. All before we had even unpacked!!

Later that day I went back to reception to check that the money we paid for the air conditioning had been noted due to us moving rooms. Hakan checked and immediatley said "do you know who you paid" luckily the young girl was standing next to him and so we told him it was her. I do wonder if she had not been around whether we would have had difficulty trying to explain this.

The hotel itself was clean. Rose the cleaner tended to our room all week and was a lovely lady, thanks Rose! The pool area was nice although unless you got up at 8am or earlier you would not get a sunbed. I watched alot of people from the balcony coming down for breakfast and placing towels on beds, really sad! Alot of these people would also go out for the day and leave towels on the sunbeds. Pool culture was an eye opener for me.

There are signs in the room and on the entrance to the hotel telling you not to bring in food or drink but we were never stopped. The water prices from the bar are double what you pay in the shop down the road so get it there and put it in your bag. Olu Deniz beach is about a 10 minute walk away which is fine and the beach is lovely but make sure you have your aqua shoes because of the rocky beach. Hisaranu is up the road and can be accessed by the Dolmus (minibus) which runs every few mins for a few lira. Its awful at night, just like Blackpool but OK in the day, very English though. Fethiye is a little further on the Dolmus but is a beautiful harbour town with an excellent market.

Overall, a really nice hotel in a great location although could be managed a little better. Staff need to understand the need for good customer service.

Room Tip: Flamingo 1 is lovely despite it being cheaper than flamingo 2. We stayed in room 24 on the first floor, which was more private.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple