All reviewsturtle poolquad roommanager hakanair connext yearturkeylovely hotelbar staffsuperior roomhalf boardgreat holidaybed and breakfastlower poolthe main stripboiled eggsbars and restaurantsa lovely stay
Reviewed July 11, 2011

i stayed at flamingo from 24th june to 8th july 2011 and i would just like 2 say what a great time myself and my husband had the only thing is we had 2 upgrade our room 2 a delux which cost us 140.00 4 2wks apart from that the staff and hakan and dont 4get memit he was so funny also memit and hakan through me in pool cos i said it was 2 quiet in the bottom pool area as no children were aloud down there but after that is was not quite everyone had a laugh at me i will be going back next year they are freat people and work very hard its a lovely place .

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank footiecheshire
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

Dear Guest

thank you so so much for your review.It is really important for us.Since you have stayed with us we have improved so many thing.I wish to see you all again

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We have just come back from the Flamingo. We were feeling a little apprehensive about the room after some of the reviews but we got room 13 (not unlucky for us!) and this was on the upper floor and had a view of the pool and the bar. It was big enough, the shower was excellent and it was cleaned every day (along with some towel origami from the maids). I did hear some people a couple of days later complaining about the rooms below the pool - they didn't look great but then they didn't look that bad either.

The hotel staff were very helpful, friendly and entertaining and did their best to make you feel at home - I tried out my very shaky Turkish but they all put me to shame with their English.

The breakfast was basic but very nice with cheeses and eggs, toast, jam etc - if you really do need to have an English Breakfast then there are places outside the hotel that cook them but we were very happy with what was on offer. We did not eat in the hotel in evenings other than the BBQ night (which was very good and worth doing) and so I am not sure what it was like.

The days we spent around the pool were good - no scrambling for sunbeds, there always seemed to be plenty. There were a few people who put towels out early and then were absent for most of the day but you are always going to get that and it was definitely not as bad as other places we have stayed. The top pool was slightly bigger and was advertised as being for families and the bottom pool was designated as the quiet pool, both were good.

The no food and drink from outside policy was not really strictly enforced whilst we were there (we saw nobody being searched or stopped) but we only bought in fruit and on one day a bag of crisps that we have not eaten at lunch, maybe if you were bringing in a number of bags full you would have a problem. The prices at the bar and in the minibar were not that bad to be honest. We paid the room bill off every 2 days as it is quite easy to lose track and this way you have more of an idea if there has been a mistake. Our bill was always correct and the staff at reception were more than happy to print off a receipt listing all the items.

The hotel is right beside the mosque - I am a light sleeper and so I was woken up around 5am everyday by the call to prayer but to be honest it was quite nice to listen to. They also turned the music off during the day when the call to prayer went out and this was a really good touch and gave you a little taste of the Turkish culture.

The resort itself is lovely - if you are a beach person I would recommend getting some beach shoes (you can buy waterproof shoes there) as Olu Deniz beach and the Blue Lagoon beach are rocky beaches and I ended up with a bruised toe. Blue Lagoon is definately worth it though. We also went on a couple of boat trips and they do ask you to leave your water (they said we would get it back at the end but we didn't) so that you buy drinks on the boat (which are expensive).

Overall a very pleasant holiday - would love to go back and would go to the Flamingo again.

1  Thank KateJOxford

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Myself and my wife stayed ay this hotel from the 2nd - 9th July 2011, after a mis-understanding with our room which was corrected the day after we arrived our holiday really began, i would like to say a special thank you to Hakan (The Manager) and Mustafa (Our Holidays4u Rep), their attention to customer service is second to none, this hotel is spotless the staff never stop cleaning, i am hoping they will read this report as we staying in room 17 eventually after a room mix up, however they bent over backwards to ensure that our holiday was no spolied in anyway, it was a pleasure staying in this hotel but please do not be fooled its not a 300 yrd walk to the Beach as stated in many brochures, its more like 750 yrds if not more, rooms are superb and many staff are worth their weight in gold (Memmit) he is a funny guy and always entertains, Sugar Beach and Sea Horse Beach are a must soft sand and clear water around the lagoon, main beach was disappointing please please please dont go in bare footed you are asking for trouble, sharpe rock and shingle.

The food in the Flamingo is to be honest is ok, a bit repetative we only stayed for a week and had egg on toast every day, only because we were half board and didn't want to pay extra for the likes of bacon, omletts or baked beans, i would reccomend this hotel to anyone however go B & B as food in the bars and retaurants are not expensive and lot better value for money and you wont be disappointed.

Would i stay here again?

Of course i would as they made me and my wife feel so much at home, Hakan and his team are a credit to the owner of the Flamingo and i would lastly like to thank them all for making our holiday relaxing and eventually stress free.

We want people to realise that some of these reviews below are just not accurate, weather it be nationality or bogus reports i can assure you you would not be dissapointed with this hotel, word of advice we spent 1 night in the Montebello next door and that i am afraid to say is not a scratch on the Flamingo, they have a good bar though.

Anyway if you believe all the bad reports from this hotel them more fool you cos they are definatly not true from my experiance.

Room Tip: The Standard Pool - View Rooms are Great
2  Thank xfactorcouple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your time about commenting us they are so important for us.we really hope to see you again

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This was my first holiday abroad with my partner, and we chose the Flamingo as it seemed to be the best we could afford on our student budgets:) On arrival, in the very early hours, we were happy with what we saw! We stayed in Flamingo 1, and I honestly had no complaints. Yes, the newer block does look lovey but F1 is perfectly acceptable, clean and bright. We were also given the high floor pool view which i requested on booking. The basement rooms do look a bit poor so i would recommend placing a request!
I cannot complain about the rooms whatsoever, our maid was lovely and was there everyday! Even on the day we told her her services werent required, she passed us clean towels and toilet rolls!
Breakfast was very basic, but having travelled to Turkey before I knew this was to be expected! The minibar was reasonably priced, about the same as the supermarkets! However they did charge us extra on an Efes, but all other drinks were charged accordingly.
The mosque is in very close range to the hotel, but you should embrace the culture of where you are! we were never woken by it, but it sounds great when you hear it during the day. Its part of Turkey, if you dont like it, dont go.
Aircon: the charge £4 a day, we took our own fan! (we're students, were cheap) which seemed to work out best as all we heard were bad comments about the aircon!
We booked independantly and not as a package, so when our flights were changed (we gained an extra day) we had to get the hotel for an extra night also! This caused much confusion at the reception, which wasnt helped by the lack of english the staff spoke (yes, i realise im in turkey, and expect them to all be fluent but on reception i would expect a little more). The manager took over and told us he would sort it...then we seemed to be ignored. We also asked him to help us with our transfer, as we didnt have a phone. He agreed and then walked away, leaving us to do it ourselves!
We were told the hotel was fully booked and we could no stay there the final night (despite having paid). However, the manager did find us another room at the Turk Hotel, and helped us transfer our luggage there, for no extra fee! For this he made up for the ignorance to begin with! We were also allowed to shower at the Flamingo before being collected for our transfer, despite checking out 2 days before:)
Overall amazing holiday! The mishaps we has were simply the downfalls of not booking a package, and not the hotel or flight companies fault!

Would definitely recomment paragliding with Sky Sports! They are slightly pricier than other competetors, but have flown with them twice now! They are 100% spot on and I wouldnt recommend anyone else!
Jeep Safari is also a great day out!
However, please note that on the boat trips they make you leave your pre bought drinks on the beach!!! as they want you to spend your money on the boat! We snook ours on as it was our last day and we had no money left..and got away with it! But be careful:)

This was my boyfriends first trip to Turkey and he says he wants to go back soon!! As do i:) Definitely recommend Oludeniz!

Room Tip: Request a high room if youre in the Standard rooms (block 1) :)
1  Thank em213

Reviewed July 9, 2011

stayed at the flamingo 24th June till 8th July, had a fantastic time, the hotel is very clean and the staff were great, very friendly, we stayed in flamingo 1, room 15, right by the pool, great holiday, would go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family