All reviewsturtle poolquad roommanager hakanair connext yearturkeylovely hotelbar staffsuperior roomhalf boardgreat holidaybed and breakfastlower poolthe main stripboiled eggsbars and restaurantsa lovely stay
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We did not arrive at the hotel untill 2am, the manager made us a sandwich and a drink. The staff couldnt do enough for us, they made our holiday perfect. Special thanks to Memmett x

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same level or above the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

Dear Guest

thank you so so much for your review.It is really important for us.Since you have stayed with us we have improved so many thing.I wish to see you all again

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We have just got back from a week at the Flamingo and had a really lovely relaxing time. The food is nice, the pool rarely gets busy as there are two for the whole hotel and the rooms were ok. You get what you pay for with this one. I am shocked that people have wasted their time moaning about the staff. They are young and some don't speak the best English but then what can you expect when you travel abroad. I think some people on this site should stay in England to be honest. We found them really friendly, kind and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure we had a nice table every night and my little boy loved them.
The only problem with this place was the music playing in the bar every night until about midnight which is a pain if you stay there with small children, but this seems to be the norm with most hotels in this resort.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bonniexmyers

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your time about commenting us they are so important for us.we really hope to see you again

Reviewed June 25, 2011

For the most part friendly and helpful staff who really made an effort - the attention to detail was over and above - but reception staff were a bit hit and miss.
Lovely food and yummy mojitos.
Good clean rooms and music mostly went off at 23.00ish.
Amazing value for money and will definately be back next year. :)

You can't pay in cash at the time for any food or drinks - you get issued with a receipt...our only advice is keep ALL your bar receipts and pay them the day after - leaving it a couple of days results in chaos. :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Hakan, the manager, seemed like a nice guy. He got me to book a tour thru him and told me
the bus company would drop me off at the bus station, as I had to catch an overnight bus to Istanbul.
He hadnt even asked the bus company to drop me off as he knew they were going nowhere near the station. I was left stranded and had to rely on local transport with all my luggage. He also promised me he would get me a bus ticket which he never, a really unprofessional guy. Just wanted my money. Dont go there!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Gerry K

Reviewed June 23, 2011

My partner and I stayed for 2 weeks, bed and breakfast at Hotel Flamingo.

We arrived very early hours in the morning and the First Choice rep made it very clear she would rather be in bed and was extremely rude and unhelpful. However Hakan, the owner/manager, couldn't have been more helpful (especially cos he had clearly got out of bed to check us in!). He told us the room that we were booked into wasn't very nice and he would move us to a family room for the rest of the early hours and then change our room the following day. We later found out we were originally allocated a room that was actually under the pool area and although we didn't see the room itself, they didn't get any sunlight and looked pretty dire! Avoid those if you can!

We were in Flamingo 1. A lot of reviews mention Flamingo 2 being better but to be honest we had everything we needed, balcony, pool view, air con (for a fee - we were on a budget and decided to go without and definitely bearable!), mini bar (a price list was included in fridge but we didn't use it), decent enough bathroom, so we decided not to upgrade to Flamingo 2, despite there being leaflets everywhere about doing so! I did hear people moaning about a lack of hot water - this was the case sometimes as the hot water is generated through a solar panel type system which most of the houses use - but this was only the case for us after an overcast day and it was still usable!

The hotel is set (comparatively) far back from the beach (although no more than a 10 minutes walk) and we were pleased with this as a lot of the other hotels were actually on the main resort strip in amongst the restaurants and bars and when I saw the location of the other hotels I was very pleased. The hotel is fairly close to the mosque and you will hear the prayer calls. They happen fairly frequently throughout the day and although we spent most of out days away from the hotel, we actually quite liked them, really getting a feel of being in another country with another way of life. Slightly annoying was the one that went out at around 5am, more so because it set the farm full of chickens off that was directly behind our room!!

Breakfast was fairly disappointing, primarily because it was exactly the same every day. There was a choice of cold cuts of processed meats, some cheeses, olives, cucumbers and tomatoes. Soft or hard boiled eggs and if you were quick enough you could try and toast some really dry bread! There was orange juice, coffee and turkish tea and strangely (I thought) if you wanted water, you had to buy it from the bar. It wasn't bad, just fairly boring and would have benefited from maybe some fruit or even different types of bread.

We ate a couple of times at the hotel, once at the Turkish night and once at the BBQ night. The BBQ was worth doing as there was plenty to chose from but Turkish night was a bit disappointing - really if you want a taste of Turkish food you'd be better off spending you're money in once of the many restaurants. They did have entertainment on both these nights, the same belly dancer twice although BBQ night had a man dancing with fire which was very impressive! I did go up and have a dance at the Turkish night but stayed in my seat firmly glued to my partner at the BBQ night after an uncomfortable experience dancing at Turkish night, namely a male member of staff dancing with me and getting too close for comfort and his 'enjoyment' at dancing poking me in the back. It was quite upsetting and there was a definite air of tension for the remainder of the holiday. I can only hope it was because he was sorry at an involuntary reflex - I told my partner the following day and we both decided not to mention it as we didn't want any trouble on our holiday but we remained wary. Having said that, the rest of the staff (and in fairness, this guy too) were superb and couldn't do enough for you.

There are signs everywhere asking you not to bring food/drink bought outside of the hotel into the complex. We read on reviews here about people having bags searched, but we saw people walk in with carrier bags and didn't seem to be any questions asked. My best advice would be to be discrete: if you do bring things in, don't make it really obvious and I think if you're spending money at the bar too, you shouldn't have any problems.

We used the system that the hotel encouraged of having drinks bought at the bar billed to the room. This worked fine for us as we kept a note of what we had consumed and paid it off the next day. I can see people getting a shock if they leave it all to the last day to pay though and not keeping on top of things.

All in all, I would definitely recommend Hotel Flamingo and the stunning resort of Olu Deniz and am already hoping to return, quite possibly staying at the Flamingo again :-)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple