“You get what you pay for”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #28 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed September 27, 2008

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Majestic. I was a little worried before I went given some of the reviews but decided to have an open mind. I've been to Turkey several times before and I'm aware of the type of accommodation, ie basic. However I was disappointed with the Majestic. Yes you get what you pay for but I think it should be clean. We didn't always get fresh bedding or towels, which I can live with, but the bin in the bathroom should be emptied every day not every 3-4 days as was our experience. The cleaners were coming into the room but not emptying the bin? I've always had good experiences with cleanliness of rooms in Turkey but not this time. We had ants in our toothbrushes too and they managed to get into my case and infest a packet of wrapped sweets. Again these things happen in hot countries but I think if the rooms were kept clean this wouldn't happen.

We didn't use the bar or restaurant so I can't comment. Staff did seem miserable (unusual for the Turks) but maybe that's because we didn't spend much time there. Breakfast was the usual Turkish fare - I know alot of people don't like it but I enjoy the change!

Overall I will be going back to Olu Deniz but I won't be staying at the Majestic.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2008

My husband and I travelled to Olu deniz 20th Aug for 2 weeks. We booked this hotel due to it being very cheap(£19 per night for the room). We read the reviews on this hotel and were a little concerned about some of them. We found that we had nothing to be concerned about.
When we arrived it was 6am. The hotels grounds are decorated with fairy lights which is a welcoming sight after the long flight and transfer in 30 degree heat.
We were met at reception and taken to our room. The hotel has 3 blocks Pink Green and Yellow. The latter both new buildings. The pink block is in need of modernisation. We were in this block. The room was fine very spacious for us 2. views onto the pool. Bathroom needed repair shower screen hanging off and a few ant problems. Bed linen was changed a few times in the 1st week and the towels were not being changed as often as I would have liked. We then had a new cleaner the 2nd week and bedding and towels changed every other day.
We hired a mini fridge and air con which i recommend you fo if travelling in the high season.
Breakfast is basic but adequate.The dining room is not airconditioned which it should be.
The pool is very very small and was filled with floats etc etc making it impossible to swim in. This did not bother us as we are beach people.
This hotel is ideal if you are not intending on a pool holiday. The bar area is in need of attention as its a bit grotty also the drinks were more expensive here too.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
YOU GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAY FOR is my review of this hotel.You cannot expect a 5 star standard when you only pay 2 star rates(.If you want 5 star stay at the Asena Beach or the Marcan.) Most of the complaints seem to be from people on package holidays Thomas cook(sunset) and hotels for u.Sunset is the lower range of hotels that thomas cook sell so don't expect anything more.
The hotels location was fine, no noise on an evening as some people reported but we went in school holidays i can imagine if younger people stay here they will cater for their needs ie. drinking till the early hours.
If i went back i would stay at the ATA Lagoon as the pool area was lovely and was not full of kids as ours was.
The resort of Olu Deniz is fantastic. Many great places to eat. Try the Italian on the main street fantastic and very cheap compared to some of the local cuisine which i didn't enjoy as much as Greek dishes. If you eat on the front you will pay double for food and drinks but the views are second to non.
Excellent holiday enjoyed evey aspect.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2008

my fiencee and i have recently returned from a fantastic two weeks at the majestic hotel in olu deniz , everyone at the hotel were very efficient ,helpful,and pleasant,we had read some reviews and heard that there may be some noise from the bar till the early hours but this did not put us off, and we were pleasently surprised that this did not occur once . the hotel is ideally placed for the bus to hirisonu and fethiye,also you are only a short walk to the beach front .we were on b&b but had most breakfast of site due to me having full english , we had some lovely breakfast at phillips bar restaurant on the main road to the beach but also found plenty more to choose from.at the majestic they do a brilliant turkish night would recomend for those who havent been to one ,we found the hotel was kept clean the cleaners did a wonderful job , we have already priced the majestic for the same two weeks next year which is something we have never done before[ we rate this hotel highly]
Steve and Shirley

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank stephen66
Reviewed September 7, 2008

Just come back from this hotel. I do not understand why people were writing such bad reviews about this hotel. It was much better than I expected. If you want 5* standards then pay the 5* prices!!! It is in a fantastic location.5-10 min stroll to the beach. It has a very good setting with the mountains behind the hotel. The rooms are basic but are cleaned daily. The staff are friendly and showers are hot with enclosed shower cubicles which is a nice change from some hotels. Also comes with hairdryer and tv. Whilst on holiday you only really sleep, wash and get changed in your room so all in all good value. The gardens are pretty with coloured lights in the evening. I would not hesitate to go back to this hotel as it is very good value for money. Although we did not use the pool, there did appear to be enough sunbeds to go round. To be honest the beach was too much of a pull....fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We have just returned from Turkey, where we stayed at the Majestic. On the whole very happy with the facility, clean and tidy and very pleasant staff. The dining room staff were especially helpful.

You need to be aware that there is a £10 sterling charge for every man, woman and child visitor to Turkey, paid as soon as you get into the airport, and before you get your passport looked at - So no money no stay!!

The Majestic Hotel is a good basic hotel, and the rooms are spacious enough. Be aware that if you want the airconditioning that will cost you £3 stg per night, and if you want a fridge in your room that will cost you £5 stg per night.

Turkey seems to have really shot up in price for food and drink, and everything you buy in the shops will cost you dearly. Be aware that there are three prices in the shops - the Toutist price, local resident price and Turkish local price!

Not complaining at all, as we had a lovely holiday, but just take plenty of Pounds Sterlings, as that is the currency they prefer

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Had a great holiday in Olu Deniz, Turkey! Our holiday was booked as a cheap, last minute deal to enjoy some sun, sea and sand.

LOCATION-quiet but close to action
Perfect for visiting Olu Deniz as long as you dont mind a short walk to the beach down a slight hill-although a ride on a dolmus (small bus) isnt costly and they drive up and down every few mintues honking the horn for customers!! Quite a walk to lagoon-be warned it feels longer in the heat. Lagoon is SHINGLE not SAND-but very nice and relaxing anyway.

HOTEL-small but cheerful-needed a clean
Ok we paid £260 each and it is ** .....but I expect clean no matter the price !!!!
+my shower door was covered in limescale
+human excrement in toilet and under seat-I mean a lot!!!
+body hair in my bed and make-up on my pillow
I asked to be moved to another room after my discoveries but was told no but they did offer to clean it while we were out. In all fairness they did and I was sort of happy with results (I still bought a bottle of bleach to make sure!!). However while showering (when cleaned!) the shower head fell off and cut my leg-I have scar to prove it! I think we were unlucky as most holidayers were happy with cleanliness.

OVERALL
We did enjoy our holiday after the cleaning as the owners were helpful and friendly and it had everything we expected (decent pool, basic room, good turkish breakfast and air-con for a fee).
BUT BEWARE!! Two English couples had things stolen-a ring from 1 room and water park tickets that were apparently sent to 1 room but were never recieved....Please remember to have your JABS before you go-we were unaware of this and nearly missed them-but were glad after my shower accident!!

Wont go back to hotel but will return to Olu Deniz!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vic1SouthWales
Reviewed July 23, 2008

jus had a great week @ majestic. with two friends.
lovely people who work there yes ossy n co but dont forget the girls on reception and the waitresses.
fatma and co. lovely girls. room we were given first of all was too small to open yr suitcase, but they tried very hard to find one suitble. which they did.
the pool looks bigger online but, was cleaned everynight.
not much in the way of entertainment but the one night they had a turkish night it was great. the food was luvly and the dancers were jus aas good.
will be goin bk maybe end of august sep.