“Clean Hotel near beach with perfect staff!!!”

Belcehan Beach Hotel
Ranked #52 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I have just returned with my partner for Olu deniz after staying at the Belcehan Beach hotel...not to be confused with its sister hotel the Belcehan Delux hotel. I had read the reviews before going and was pleased that it surpassed expectations. Yes the rooms are quite basic but have all you need bed storage space dressing table and en-suite. The rooms arent very large but are kept inpeccably clean daily by the friendly houskeeping staff!! And after all all you do is sleep and change there! We stayed in a ground floor rom which was great cos the balcony led onto poolside.
I loved the fact that the pool was away from the road as I personally dont like to sunbathe in full view of the world as most other hotels in the nearby area seem to have their pools right on the road!!
The hotel is just 5 minutes walk to the beach and the strip and just a 10 minute or so walk to the lagoon! If you have young children I would suggest the lagoon over the beach as the beach has strong currents and gets deep very quickly. Also be prepared for shale not sand we got surf shoes on day 1 and they were the best purchase of the hols!! Although some sand beaches can be found at the lagoon.
But what really made this holiday special and unique was the hotel staff, harun 'harry' the bartender and his assistant Sefa created such a great atmosphere that we and most other guests spent most evenings drinking in the hotel bar by the pool. Also Adam and Altan at reception were v friendly and helpful too. And when they found out I was pregnant they couldnt do enough to help me.
The only down thing I would say is we went half board and ate dinner in the delux. The food was great quality but not much selection some days only 1 main course to choose from so we only ate their half the nights in the end. But again the staff were fabulous and especially the turkish night was great fun and definitely worth it!
The area itself is quiet enough in May so if you are looking to party go to marmaris but if you are looking for a relaxing romantic or family holiday it is perfect and there are lots of day excursions to keep you busy.

2  Thank IrishMum2B

Reviewed May 27, 2010

Just back from the best holiday ever with my beautiful wife to be who is 5 months pregnant. From the second we arrived we were greeted by Adam the receptionist who showed us to our rooms after checking us in. He was replaced by Altan the next morning who is equally as friendly and nice. The rooms are as stated, small but kept exceptionally clean every day. And to be honest if your in your room for anything else than getting changed having a shower or " sleeping" ...lol, you need your head checkin. The next day at breakfast we were greeted by extremely friendly staff who were serving a very hearty traditional Turkish breakfast of tea,toast,selected jams,selected meats, eggs and other goodies. After our day walking around to get to know the place we headed back into the bar for a drink where we were greeted by the funniest and friendliest bar staff around Harun or " Harry" as he liked to be called and Sefa. Yes the drinks are slightly more expensive in the hotel but not always. I was drinking vodkas and coke which were 8 lira in the hotel which is £3.50. (bearing in mind they're double measures) and Caitriona was drinking Fanta Lemon which was 3.5 lira which is £1.53. We were half board so we headed over to the Belcehan Delux for dinner which leaves you spoilt for choice. Soup of the day and mezzes of starters and mains. Sherif in the delux is the restaurant manager and a great guy to boot. When the staff got wind of the fact that Caitriona was pregnant she wasn't allowed lift so much as a finger without someone rushing to her aid, which gave me a break. Olu Deniz itself is a very laid back resort but has lots to do in the way of day trips and excursions. We did a few but the highlight was definetly the Jeep Safari to Saklikent Gorge and the Mud Bath was great fun. BTW if your booking Excursions some can be hit and miss but we found the best place to book for honesty and value for money was Focus on the beachfront. Ask for George. All in all we left after the 10 days wishing that we'd booked 2 weeks. The staff definetly make this hotel and by the time you leave you'll feel like part of the family. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

My partner and I have just returned from a week at the Belcehan Beach Hotel in Olu Deniz and we cannot fault it, the rooms were small but spotlessly clean, we got one of the ground floor rooms and it was fine, the staff were always polite and curtious and breakfast was great, plenty of choice and variety.
The Hotel is in a lovely location at the top of the resort but only a 5 minutes, if that walk to the beach, turn right out of the hotel and your on the main strip turn left and your on the outside of the resort, plenty of bars and resturants on both sides but the ones on the outskirts are a lot cheaper, when we were there it was between 4 and 8 lira for a beer on the main strip and between 3 and 5 on the outskirts, but both great. the food is fab we never had a bad meal and we ate in lots of different places, can definately recommend Captain Hooks and The Tequila bar but like I said we ate in many places and never had a bad meal.
The beach is pebbly would definately advise surf shoes and the beach beds are 6 lira each per day as are the beach umbrella's, plenty of vendors selling ice cream and cold drinks also.
My partner got his hair cut and 2 Turkish shave's and he would definately reccomend them.
We never had any problems at the hotel only that we had a night flight and there is no courtesy room,but the shower room at the pool was fine, or you can pay £25 to keep your room.

PLEASE BE AWARE DALAMAN AIRPORT WILL CHARGE £12 PER KILO FOR EXCESS BAGGAGE NEARLY EVERYONE ON OUR FLIGHT GOT CHARGED EVEN FOR 1 KILO OVER !!

1  Thank CurlytopWalesUk
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I went to this hotel back in 2002 so this review is a bit out of date and standards could easily have changed. Plus it wasnt the Belcehen Beach it was just Belcehen so not sure if its one of the same or a sister hotel.

My experience then was that is was a great hotel for families with older children as there wasnt any entertainment other than what we created ourselves. That would normally be sitting at the bar until the last person went to bed. The guests and the staff had an unplanned pool party at about 2am one time after drinking cocktails out of fish bowlsThat said it wasnt loutish or over the top and there were guests from all different walks of life and of different ages. We were late 20s from south london and made friends with middle class couples aged in their 50's so there was a really good mix of people.

The staff were friendly and made our holiday one of the best we have ever had. Food was fantasitc, breakfast was a bit repetative but after challenging the chef to a game of pool, as the winner, my husband got his request, a full english! The rooms were small and the air con leaked but it didnt bother us one bit. This was a long time ago so may have changed since then. It was a quiet hotel even though we went in August and it was VERY VERY hot.

We are going back to Olu Deniz this year but have decided to stay at the Turquoise Hotel as my husband and i are going back with 4 young children in tow and we think they would prefer a hotel with a bit of entertainment (unlike the type we enjoyed on our solo trip) For couples and teens its a great choice unless you just like to eat chips and burgers on your holidays and for everyone to be a bit more english. Its not that type of hotel which is why i loved it

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We arrived in the early hours during a thunderstorm and were taken to our room i thought it was small but had a decent bathroom with shower cubicle,the bed was comfy and the room had plenty of storage space and free aircon which was welcome over the holiday.The staff are polite and very friendly and are always willing to help.The hotel uses a credit card for buying drinks and snacks in the pool bar best tip is always pay your bill every day otherwise you will end up with a huge bill at the end of your holiday.The only problem we had with the room was noise from the Rose Garden Bar late at night but a good pair of earplugs sorted that problem out the beach is about 1/4 mile away and full of shingle and pebbles beach shoes are a must,especially if you go to the Blue Lagoon.The restaurants on the strip all mainly have similar menus everything comes with rice salad and chips!! We enjoyed the Toscana Italian restaurant and the Emperor Chines Restaurant , some of the bars were ok but the Shadows Bar staff and staff in some of the shops must think everyone in England comes from London or the south east, as they tried to put on terrible cockney accents but the southerners loved em , the chill out bar on the beach with the bean bags is good and so is Buzz Bar and Help Bar.The trips are a must and the jeep safaris and Dalaman Boat trips are great ,another place to visit is Talk of the Town in Hisonaru for a good laugh and great night out its only 2.5 lira on the Dolmus to Hisonaru and takes 10 minutes. Olu Deniz is ok for a small resort but we prefer the livelier Marmaris further up the coast.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Olu Deniz is a beautiful resort with great views and we did have a lovely relaxing week here...
As for the hotel, the positives are...... couldnt fault the cleanliness, it was spotlessly clean with beds changed ad rooms cleaned daily..
Good enough location to the main strip and to the beach
Friendly poolside bar staff especially Harri who seemed to be working at all hours

On the negative....rooms are tiny....swinging a cat is most definitley not an option although as you dont need to spend too much time in your room when on holiday its not too much of a problem.
The main worker at reception who may be the manager can only be described as unhelpful and very unwilling to help with any situation.....on arrival we were placed in a ground floor room which we were unhappy with and when asked about moving rooms we were asked to check the following morning. We could see spare rooms round the hotel and after asking the man three times he moved us to the first floor..very reluctantly!
We chose not to have any further dealing with this man until it was almost time for us to leave.....behind reception there is a sign which reads "you can keep your room on the day of departure until 9pm for £25"....there is no comment of "with the exception that rooms are available etc"........So the morning before we were due to vacate the room we asked could we pay the £25 to keep our room and we were told that we couldnt be guaranteed this and had to return to reception the following morning......again not being given an answer to a question there and then!! I questioned the man about a courtesy room just incase we couldnt keep our room and was told they did not have one...however we could use the toilet area by the poolside to wash and change in....but by no means a courtesy room. The following morning we got up early to go to reception and were told we had to return in an hour as the manager wasnt around...this was the morning we were due to vacate the room at 12pm so we were unsure whether to pack our cases just incase we couldnt keep the room..After the hour had passed I returned to reception again and made the man give me a yes or no answer, he might have ben happy playing cat and mouse with me however I wasnt! ...We were not being collected from the hotel til 11pm that evening for a 3.25am flight and the last thing we wanted to do was enjoy the sun on our last day without a room to clean and wash in. The man after me questioning him four or five times said that yes we could keep our room til 9pm for the £25 as stated however I had to keep this information to myself as he had just refused three other couples the facility of keeping their rooms!! So of course we did happily keep our room but only due to the fact that I mithered him til he had no choice..something I have never had to do before and should not have had to do when there is a sign clearly stating that rooms can be kept on and we were paying for the priviledge! I should have taken a photograph of that sign and enclosed this to Thomas Cook as I dont believe they should have properties stating false information or properties with no courtesy room whatsoever.
And as a non complainer in every other area of my life the last thing I would like to say is do be careful if you are planning on bringing your own beverages into the hotel including water as we do know that guests were stopped when bringing their own purchases in with them..because of course it is only right that you buy all food and beverages from the Belcehan pool bar!
Please dont hold this review against the resort of Olu Deniz as its definitley somewhere I would consider returning to in the future..........

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KA78
Reviewed September 7, 2009

this hotel is all right if you are over 60 as there is more life in a cemetry
just came back realy glad to be home
olu deniz is a very beautiful place
as for the hotel it is expensive compared to the local bars
when you check in they give you cards to use at the bar for food and booze and you pay at the check in desc when you like
i used to pay my bill every couple of days
one time they said i hadent paid and had to pay again
also my bills were a lot more than they should have been
if you do go to this hotel please be very carfull and always ask for a reciept

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple