“Gorgeous Hotel”

Montebello Resort
Ranked #29 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
“Gorgeous Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The hotel is only a few years old so very modern inside and out. Rooms were a nice size with a very powerful shower, comfy beds, big mirrors and flat screen TV.
Pool area was lovely - plenty of sun loungers to go around - but we were there in low season so I expect it gets more crowded in peak season.
Food - breakfast was a selection of cereals, fruit, bread. There were eggs every day but not always sausage/beans/mushrooms etc for a full English like some people want. Lunch was always a couple of meat dishes with a huge selection of salads, rice, chips and lovely homemade bread made in the onsite bread oven. Dinner was very similar to lunch. There were ice creams in the afternoon and also a snack bar serving pizza and salads if you happened to miss lunch.
Location - about a 10 minute walk to the beach - NOT beachfront as we originally thought. But still not far to walk down the hill to the beach but a bit tiring walking back! The beach itself it lovely with lots of paragliders landing so be careful! Plenty of lovely shops and restaurants.
Staff - Very polite and courteous, a few of the bar staff were a bit miserable some days but we took no notice.
All inclusive drinks were OK - Spirits were only Vodka, Raki or Gin and then wine and beer - beer was very nice.
The spa downstairs is lovely and very spacious and a Turkish bath is a MUST - So relaxing!

Negatives:
Only a couple - When the food service stopped at 9pm the waiters had EVERYTHING cleared away by 9.01 - so you felt like you were constantly clock watching to make sure you managed to get main course and dessert in.
Noise - we often got woken up by a few noisy cockerals nearby but managed to get back to sleep easy enough.
Location - fine for us but a little bit of a walk up a hill so maybe not best for those with mobility issues.

All in all we were very happy with this hotel and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Make sure you go to the Blue Lagoon - only 7 lira (about £2) and absolutely beautiful
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Lovelylucy123

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

From start to finish, I couldn't fault this place. We've just returned from a 4 night break. The staff were so helpful and friendly, despite working long hours.
The hotel is new so looks fresh and is very clean. The food considering it's all inclusive is excellent and warmer than I've experienced in other all inclusive hotels. Dining room staff were a little over attentive at times, probably because the hotel was less than half full.

The resort is lovely and lots of fun. A swim in the sea at the Blue Lagoon is a must and for the brave tandem paragliding off the mountain. Would heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Anna S
Loughborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last summer (June 2013).

The hotel was lovely it felt new, clean and modern. Our room was nice and we were comfortable there for a week! Although wifi is a little temperamental and never reaches the rooms. The staff are lovely, talkative and attentive.

Both pool areas are nice and as it was out of school holiday season sometime the pool with the slide was a quite sanctuary.

We always managed to get a sunbed even though it was busy however, where not always able to get an umbrella (fine with me but for a fair skinned prone to burning boyfriend this was important!)

The food was lovely the best we've had whilst staying all inclusive in Turkey. Fresh omelettes are made on some days which is lovely. I liked the fact it had two restaurants one for evening meal only (it made the evening meals feel like going out to a restaurant) I am have a sensitive tummy when it come to eating abroad however, this is one of the few holidays where I was fine and was able to eat even the salads with no problem.

I would recommend this hotel to any friends or family would journey to Olu Deniz and Olu Deniz itself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Cammie_1991
Ashington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Just booked today for 2nd May for a week we were there in Sept and it was great. Have been lots of places all over the world but can honestly say as a resort olu deniz is one of the best. We have been 5 times in the last couple of years staying at different hotels but this is my favourite up to now. The restaurant staff were brilliant even though they were at the end of the season they couldn't do enough. Looking forward to my next holiday on 2 May 2014

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Lynne W
stoke on trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel September / October 2014 . The attic room we had was brilliant . Gorgeous bathroom , sky tv , fridge . Perfect for what we wanted . The rooms were spotless , the maids were fantastic . One day they forgot to leave any towels , I rang reception and within 5 minutes a maid knocked on with clean towels and full of apologies that were totally unnecessary bless her .
The bar staff were fantastic and were so patient with the many ignorant , bad mannered and too my shame and embarrassment ' English ' Customers that either just banged a glass on the bar to get served or just shouted "Oi .... Beer" !! Many of the people there seemed obsessed with ordering at least 8 drinks at a time for themselves even though it was all free ? My favourite moment was when I taught the Barmen an English phrase .... I was stood at the bar when some Chav shouted " Oi .... 4 Vodkas " to the Barman ..... He crossed his arms and said .... " What's the magic word " ? ... The ignorant Chav went cross eyed for a second and then muttered ... " please " .
The Barmen were fantastic considering the amount of ignorant ill mannered people they served .
The only thing that annoyed me was the entertainment ... We were there at the end of September and 90% of the guests were well into their 50's ... Yet they insisted in playing crappy dance music at a million decibels all night so that you couldn't hear yourself speak ... Apart from that .. Well done :-)
We will defiantly stay here again .

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank cabokale
West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed with my Mom for a week at this hotel from 17th october, 2013. It was a special treat for my Mom and was her 60th birthday present so I did have high expectations for this hotel and I did read the feedback for it before I booked.

On arrival, we were not pleased to be informed that the hotel had 'overbooked' our room and that we would have to stay a night in a 'sister' hotel of theirs which was a 3min drive down the road. We were not alone and this also happened with at least 3 others parties who arrived either at the same time as us or an hour or so before.
The receptionist assured us we could go to the bar before our transfer to the other hotel and that we could have 'whatever drink you want' due to the mistake. This was around 10:45pm.
One of the guys behind the bar had bloodshot eyes and both me and my Mom thought he might be drinking whilst working. He unfortunatley served us and would not give me a malibu and coke saying 'there wasn't any' several times until I pointed out that there was a bottle of it behind him! He then said we could have it if we paid...as it was for paying customers only and not part of all-inclusive! I told him that we had just been shown to the bar by the porter who had supposedly told another of the staff to let us have any drink we wanted due to our room mix-up. When he kept declining, I asked to speak to the manager and he was pointed out to me and was sat a few feet away.
The bar man did speak to the manager but the manager declined to let me have the drink I wanted and sat stern-faced as if he was head of an italian maffia, rather than manager of a hotel who wanted to keep customers happy.
I opted for a vodka in the end, part of the all-inclusive' drink range but wasn't pleased that I was promised something by one person and declined it by another.
It was a terrible start to the holiday!

The other hotel was nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The following day, we were supposed to be going back to Montebello resort. I did check with the person on reception to ask them to make sure we had a room ready before we checked out of the the current hotel. He called them in front of us and assured us the room was ready.
We checked out of the 'sister' hotel and arrived at Montebello only to be told that the room was nowhere near ready and that we would have to wait. It was really frustrating sitting around with our luggage to be finally allowed a room several hours later. What was more frustrating was being told by other holiday makers that the hotel was only partially open and that one block wasn't even being used (maybe as it was near the end of the season).
We were also told by another holidaymaker that the room 'overbooking' happened often unless people had booked with Thompson - which we hadn't.

The room we had was really gorgeous. Really modern and finished to a high standard and so was the en-suite bath-shower room. 5/5 for the room!

The restaurant was fantastic. It had many options throughout the day and every meal was delicious!
I found the waiters to be friendly and helpful, especially Vaysey and a guy who wore glasses but I don't recall his name.

The bar area isn't that great and doesn't match the rest of the hotel. It has wicker seats and isn't as inviting as anywhere else on the premises.

Overall I would go here again. It really is a beautiful hotel and we were overjoyed with the room and the food at this all-inclusive hotel. The service could be better in certain areas though as some staff are amazing (restaurant staff and the cleaners were saw) and yet others really let down the hotel!

It was excellent value for money. The receptionist did allow us to stay later on the day we were supposed to leave for no extra cost due to the over-booking with the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank PARADlSE
Staffordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed from 26th Sept 2013 in an attic room which was lovely. Gorgeous turquoise, silver & white soft furnishings. Spotlessly clean. Huge walk-in shower with two heads & big enough with plenty of room for two. Linen changed every other day. Maids friendly & couldn't do enough for us. Beautiful view from our balcony of the mountain & beach, watching the para gliders then the sunset. The pool was a good size but chlorine very strong, it was hard to get off your skin even after a good shower. Air con good & safe in room. We had a problem with ours breaking down one morning, the engineer came & it was fixed within the hour. One day we only got left one bath towel, we informed reception & a maid provided another within minutes. Excellent range of all inclusive drinks available until 11pm. Food available all day, that was disappointing for us as vegetarians there was little to choose from except chips, rice & soup. PLEASE LABEL WHAT ALL YOUR DISHES ARE SO WE KNOW WHATS MEAT FREE. We asked the chef a few times & he would cook to order us lovely curries if we asked but when it's busy & we wanted it eat quickly & head out this wasn't ideal. We tended to fill up at breakfast as they're always cooking a lovely variety of daily egg specials, we lasted the first 7 nights eating tea there & for the second week we ate out every night as we wanted more variety. The dj would play really loud pounding music that wasn't of any interest to most of the guests. We just wanted him to turn it down or off. The Turkish bath, seaweed wrap, massage, Turkish shave was lush, we went twice. You can catch the dolmus into Olu Deniz or Hisaranou right outside the hotel & the reception area & grounds are beautiful. The bar staff are very friendly if very overworked. You can walk to the beach in five minutes & the hotels location was perfect for us, away from any hustle & bustle but a stones throw from everything. The toilets by the pool bar & resteraunt were a bit gross, often needed cleaning with no paper & lights out. Our only other recommendation would be better entertainment to encourage guests to mix more as there was quite a segregated atmosphere at times but it is a larger place than we usually book so that could be why. Overall we loved it, you should defo go

Room Tip: Book an attic room, lovely & quiet with gorgeous views for a romantic room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple