“Beautiful Hotel. Restaurant Staff Were Wonderful.”
Review of Montebello Resort

Montebello Resort
Ranked #34 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed with my Mom for a week at this hotel from 17th october, 2013. It was a special treat for my Mom and was her 60th birthday present so I did have high expectations for this hotel and I did read the feedback for it before I booked.

On arrival, we were not pleased to be informed that the hotel had 'overbooked' our room and that we would have to stay a night in a 'sister' hotel of theirs which was a 3min drive down the road. We were not alone and this also happened with at least 3 others parties who arrived either at the same time as us or an hour or so before.
The receptionist assured us we could go to the bar before our transfer to the other hotel and that we could have 'whatever drink you want' due to the mistake. This was around 10:45pm.
One of the guys behind the bar had bloodshot eyes and both me and my Mom thought he might be drinking whilst working. He unfortunatley served us and would not give me a malibu and coke saying 'there wasn't any' several times until I pointed out that there was a bottle of it behind him! He then said we could have it if we paid...as it was for paying customers only and not part of all-inclusive! I told him that we had just been shown to the bar by the porter who had supposedly told another of the staff to let us have any drink we wanted due to our room mix-up. When he kept declining, I asked to speak to the manager and he was pointed out to me and was sat a few feet away.
The bar man did speak to the manager but the manager declined to let me have the drink I wanted and sat stern-faced as if he was head of an italian maffia, rather than manager of a hotel who wanted to keep customers happy.
I opted for a vodka in the end, part of the all-inclusive' drink range but wasn't pleased that I was promised something by one person and declined it by another.
It was a terrible start to the holiday!

The other hotel was nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The following day, we were supposed to be going back to Montebello resort. I did check with the person on reception to ask them to make sure we had a room ready before we checked out of the the current hotel. He called them in front of us and assured us the room was ready.
We checked out of the 'sister' hotel and arrived at Montebello only to be told that the room was nowhere near ready and that we would have to wait. It was really frustrating sitting around with our luggage to be finally allowed a room several hours later. What was more frustrating was being told by other holiday makers that the hotel was only partially open and that one block wasn't even being used (maybe as it was near the end of the season).
We were also told by another holidaymaker that the room 'overbooking' happened often unless people had booked with Thompson - which we hadn't.

The room we had was really gorgeous. Really modern and finished to a high standard and so was the en-suite bath-shower room. 5/5 for the room!

The restaurant was fantastic. It had many options throughout the day and every meal was delicious!
I found the waiters to be friendly and helpful, especially Vaysey and a guy who wore glasses but I don't recall his name.

The bar area isn't that great and doesn't match the rest of the hotel. It has wicker seats and isn't as inviting as anywhere else on the premises.

Overall I would go here again. It really is a beautiful hotel and we were overjoyed with the room and the food at this all-inclusive hotel. The service could be better in certain areas though as some staff are amazing (restaurant staff and the cleaners were saw) and yet others really let down the hotel!

It was excellent value for money. The receptionist did allow us to stay later on the day we were supposed to leave for no extra cost due to the over-booking with the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank PARADlSE

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed from 26th Sept 2013 in an attic room which was lovely. Gorgeous turquoise, silver & white soft furnishings. Spotlessly clean. Huge walk-in shower with two heads & big enough with plenty of room for two. Linen changed every other day. Maids friendly & couldn't do enough for us. Beautiful view from our balcony of the mountain & beach, watching the para gliders then the sunset. The pool was a good size but chlorine very strong, it was hard to get off your skin even after a good shower. Air con good & safe in room. We had a problem with ours breaking down one morning, the engineer came & it was fixed within the hour. One day we only got left one bath towel, we informed reception & a maid provided another within minutes. Excellent range of all inclusive drinks available until 11pm. Food available all day, that was disappointing for us as vegetarians there was little to choose from except chips, rice & soup. PLEASE LABEL WHAT ALL YOUR DISHES ARE SO WE KNOW WHATS MEAT FREE. We asked the chef a few times & he would cook to order us lovely curries if we asked but when it's busy & we wanted it eat quickly & head out this wasn't ideal. We tended to fill up at breakfast as they're always cooking a lovely variety of daily egg specials, we lasted the first 7 nights eating tea there & for the second week we ate out every night as we wanted more variety. The dj would play really loud pounding music that wasn't of any interest to most of the guests. We just wanted him to turn it down or off. The Turkish bath, seaweed wrap, massage, Turkish shave was lush, we went twice. You can catch the dolmus into Olu Deniz or Hisaranou right outside the hotel & the reception area & grounds are beautiful. The bar staff are very friendly if very overworked. You can walk to the beach in five minutes & the hotels location was perfect for us, away from any hustle & bustle but a stones throw from everything. The toilets by the pool bar & resteraunt were a bit gross, often needed cleaning with no paper & lights out. Our only other recommendation would be better entertainment to encourage guests to mix more as there was quite a segregated atmosphere at times but it is a larger place than we usually book so that could be why. Overall we loved it, you should defo go

Room Tip: Book an attic room, lovely & quiet with gorgeous views for a romantic room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Unipig
Reviewed January 19, 2014

me & my wife stayed at the Montebello resort the end of june 2013 only just got time to sit & write a review. olu deniz is a lovely resort to stay we love it so much we are going there again but we made sure we try a better hotel well hopefully!.
am not going to harper on about it too much but what I am about to put are the good points & bad points but I must stress the bad points do need addressing by the Montebello management if they are to succeed as a 4star hotel.
BAD POINTS.
1..... they need to sort out that the tour operators DO NOT OVERBOOK as we arrived to the hotel to be told that there is no rooms at the moment at 3am in the morning ...not good at all!. they arranged for us to go to another hotel in their chain of hotels near by & come back in the morning which we did at 8am still to be told come back at mid day then there will be one available ....this is simply is unacceptable after traveling all this time we just wanted to get settled in our room we confronted the hotel manager he was sorry and offered us a free safe (which we declined then he offered us a free Turkish bath which we declined we explained to him we weren't there to get free bees but to make him aware this simply is not acceptable to treat holiday makers in this way. SUGGUESTION TO MANAGEMENT = you should have a room and be a little pampered on arrival maybe with a cold drink and cold towel now that would be better.

2.....not enough sun beds around the pool area now if your a early riser & are prepared to go to the pool side at 5am then your be ok but leave it then you wont get one! ,I didn't get up early enough one day and got to poolside at 8am to find all the sunbeds had been taken ....again not acceptable. SUGGUESTION TO MANAGEMENT = either stack & chain sunbeds so they cant be issued until 8am or number each sunbed & that's the bed your allocated with and keep whilst on your holiday this to be done at check in at the hotel .

3.... if your lucky enough to get a sunbed around the pool then great but then the music can be very loud & annoying after a few hours especially if your near the speakers, during our stay several people asked the DJ to turn the volume down a little but it didn't last . I must say this only is like this whilst the entertainment guy is on duty when he has hes day off its lovely the music is at a nice level. SUGGUSTION TO MANAGENT = tell the entertainment guy to keep the music volume at a background level when not doing a activity .

4.....no ice cream available !, now this is another thing that can be sorted easily , we find it hard to believe a four star hotel where there is children on holiday with the parents that this hotel cant provide ice cream . when I say there is no ice cream I mean during the day or evening unless you want to go to the shop and buy it !!. SUGGESTION TO MANAGEMENT = provide ice cream either during the day or at dinner or evening or both its simple to do as other hotels seem to manage it! .
5.... no pool towels provided! SUGGESTION TO MANAGEMENT = provide pool towels ask for a refundable deposit at reception
GOOD POINTS
1... very clean modern hotel that apart for these bad points would be brilliant place to say
2... food was very good plenty of choice hot food could of been kept hotter.
3... staff were very helpful and always polite except for dumb & dumber on the night shift on reception.
4...the Turkish bath & hairdressers is a good place to relax unwind. ...I have to mention ali dalgic the hairdresser who wonders around the pool area during the day asking if you want a Turkish bath or shave hes a nice guy very friendly and funny always very chatty and helpful
5. rooms are lovely comfortable bed with sheets changed weekly towels changed daily , lovely powerful shower
6. fridge in the room not great but can keep bottled water ect coldish, air con ok
7.pool was always kept clean and was lovely also there are showers around the pool area which are refreshing .
to conclude...........a great hotel good points out way the bad points but the bad points I feel need addressing to really improve this hotel and make it more like a five star hotel

Room Tip: get up at call to prayer which should be renamed call to sunbed to make sure you reserve your bed ar...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Andy C
AHMET O, Front Office Manager at Montebello Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your comments.
We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay completely. Your feedback has been shared with our team and we would like to highlight that all constructive inputs are always welcome. Sharing your impressions during your stay enables us to react promptly if necessary.
We hope that you will choose our hotel again.
Best regards.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We went to the resort October 9th had a great two weeks weather hot, hotel very clean could do with a regular check on the pool bar toilets though, staff friendly and pleasant, food loads of choice I am a finicky eater but always managed to find something, the soups are lovely,as for the bar manager being rude to some other previous reviews well all I can say that I witnessed some people being rude to the staff, personally the bar manager was always polite to me and my husband had a few chats early in the evening with him, he is after all doing a job, our cleaner was a star a lovely lady we stayed in block one, would I go back to Montebello yes I would location is fantastic very central, and olu deniz is a lovely resort I enjoyed sitting in the beach bars watching the para gliders very entertaining.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank DebGriffiths
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days all inclusive in august. Had a great week, hotel was nice, powerful shower, spacious room with balcony which had table and chairs. Cleaners on a daily basis, new sheets and towels which was excellent. Swimming pool was enormous which was great, spending days cooling off in the pool. Food and drinks were both at a high standard and there was always something for everyone. Gym was small and had limited kit, few light dumbells and a cross trainer, but hey, you're on holiday. Only issue was the animation team - weren't that good if you were over 8 years old. Found the males especially intrusive and perverted, asking my younger sister to go out clubbing with them (she is 14). Excellent location, however a 5-10 min walk to the beach. Also struggled to get chairs around the pool due to the early reservers (5am!) would go back however!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank James P
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed in the week they were closing down for the season. The hotel was very clean and the staff were helpful. Nice big room. I thought the food was very good. There was always something that you could enjoy. Ate out a couple of times but that was just to try out other places. Close to shops and the beach. Would definitely go again.

Well satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LauraB186334
Reviewed November 4, 2013

i was booked into the montebello beach hotel for the month of oct.unfortunatley the hotel along with several others in the area were closing down earlier than previous visits so i was delighted when i found out that i was being moved to montebello resort and for a small fee the room i was allocated was first class and a great choice of tv chanels should you require a lay in.the bars were great and well serviced and although the food was repetitive it was good eating the staff were first class and receives thumbs up from me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo