“Lovely Hotel, Fantastic Location, Can't Wait To Go Back”
Review of Montebello Resort

Montebello Resort
Ranked #33 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a newly built hotel and it is clear to see. Everything about this is hotel is stunning, clean and fresh. I stayed at the hotel from the 7th - 21st October with my 2 sisters. Have to say I am glad I did not take notice of the bad reviews that had been posted about this hotel as we had a fantastic 2 weeks here.

Sunbeds - There was no rush in the mornings to get up early as there was always spare beds what ever time of the day you went down with your towel.

Food - AL is always repetitive so people should know to expect this. The food was always nice and we were always able to pick something from what was on offer - you wont go hungry. We did eat out a few nights but that was not down to the choice which was on offer, we just like to sample other places to eat.

Rooms - The rooms are a very good size and bathroom is massive. We had ordered a triple room and did not want a sofa bed and after a nice chat with Ahmet the front office manager we had it sorted. Ahmet is very pleasant guy and is willing to listen to what ever tell him, Thanks Ahmet (keep up the good work in the gym).

Wifi - free wifi throughout the hotel.

Location - it takes about 4 minutes at the most to walk down to the beach and then you are at the start of the strip.

If I was to change anything about this hotel it would be on the following:

Bar - they need to include simple cocktails on the AL such as 'bar man special', 'sex on the beach', 'vodka sunrise' just to name a few. People do not expect to have fancy cocktails with all the extras which you would get on a night out at the bar but just plain cocktails would be nice to have.

Entertainment - There was no entertainment team at this hotel as they had walked out (suited me fine though as I did enjoy the peace and quiet). I have heard that there will be an entertainment team next year so hopefully it works out.

Finally want to finish off by saying that's to Amhet and all the other staff at the hotel, I really enjoyed my 2 weeks here and can't wait to come back next year!!!!

Room Tip: stayed in block 2 room 4203 you had the sun on the balcony in the afternoons.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cboden21
AHMET O, Front Office Manager at Montebello Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear guests, Thank you ♥ very much for your kind feedback. I am glad to hear that you left happy & satisfied. We hope to welcome you back soon. Best regards Ahmet

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my partner and 3 year old daughter , we arrived the early hours of the 13th of October, we had booked a triple room with a garden view , was slightly worried that we may not end up with what we had booked, but when taken to the room, I was pleasantly surprised, decent sized with a double and a single bed , lovley new bathroom , and huge shower .Only niggle about that , was the lack of storage space ! Food nice, slightly repetative, but what do you expect when trying to cater for huge amounts of people every day , breakfast, there was plenty to choose from , if you do insist on having a english fry up , turn left when you come out of the hotel and walk down the street to the Magic Garden restaurant, they did a lovely fry up for only 7 lira . One thing for sure, you will never go hungry in this hotel , breakfast doesnt end until 10.30 , then lunch starts at 12 , then snack time runs from 2 -5 , then at 5 its cake and biscuit time ! Restaurant staff were lovely, as was the guy who worked in the shop - Bahri , my daughter got a little present everytime we went in there to get an ice cream, yes they werent part of the all inclusive but they were cheap enough .Several people have mentioned the bar manager who sat at the end of the bar on his phone, there appeared to be a manager doing this at both bars , however when they did actually serve you, they were extremely pleasant and served massive drinks to you . This leads me onto the drinks , yes, you get little plastic cups sometimes, if you find them too small, go and ask for another . The reason for having these plastic beakers is so glasses dont get smashed around the pool , however for those of you that moaned about it, go and sit in th pool bar and you will get a proper glass . Sometimes you get a massive measure , I had a vodka once that absolutely blew my head off, and the beer is not watered down as previous reviews have stated. Wine was nice too, self service for juice , tea, coffee and water which was good as my daughter could just go and help herself . Pool cold, but the evenings were cool, so I cant moan about this being the hotels fault . The few issues I had with this hotel , and I think the strain was showing as it was so close to end of season was - lack of maintenence with the public toilets , the ladies pool toilet was last checked on the 8th October ! light bulb out for 8 days , and the door didnt lock . frequently ran out of handwash soap and loo roll as did the restauarant loo . Cleanliness around the pool was second to none , they would get the floor cleaner/ polishing machine out all the time . Felt sorry for the poor Rottweiler puppy, being tied up outside all day and night , she did get walked in the mornings, and was always in the shade , but on the 17th we had torrential rain and thunderstorms all day . management seemed unconcerned about the welfare of the dog, so customers actually took pity on the poor thing and made a makeshift shelter for her out a plastic crate and a lilo . All in all a good experience , would love to have gone in high season to see if the attention to details were in place , and the bar staff not quite so grumpy all the time ! Would go back though for definite

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Juicy13

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here from the 14th - 21st October and loved it! The room was clean, modern and spacious and the bathroom was also big and clean - the shower was amazing! We had lovely views of the mountains and sea which we couldn't get enough of! The pool was cold but that is not the hotels fault, it was clean and the area around it was clean, we could get a sunbed at any time of the day although we did have to move to get the sun all day long! The hotel was also close enough to the beach and resort center although as a female, dont pack heels as the streets are not designed for heels!!! We had a look at the reviews before we came out and we cannot see where people thought the staff were rude, they were so friendly and welcoming and worked so hard, none of them seemed to have any time off for the whole week we were out there.

The food was ok, we never went hungry although it did seem to be a random mix of everything. The bread was amazing, as were the cakes and we loved the chef in the morning that made fresh omelettes or fried eggs. The drinks were again just ok, there was a relatively small selection - it was fine for me but my partner did struggle to find a drink right for him. The pool bar was ok in the evenings, the hotel could really benefit from some sort of entertainment programme as we found ourselves going out a bit more than planned rather than just sitting around in the pool bar in the evening.

Overall we had an amazing holiday at the Montebello, we loved it that much we are booking again for next year, only for 2 weeks this time!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NathandVik

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Good points - nice modern room, lovely setting with mountains either side, whole hotel very clean, mostly friendly staff, strong drinks, 5 min walk to centre of oludeniz, nice big pool, not much entertainment (plus point for me- they had gymnasts and belly dancer on some nights which were good), plenty of sunbeds when we were there, you could get up at 11am and still get beds, slides with no superviser (fun but dangerous!), no loud music around pool, drinks service to table during lunch and dinner, the Turkish shave man is really friendly

Bad points - its a biggie - the food. I found it bland and sloppy most days, few things that were ok during the two weeks but thats not saying much. We ate out every other night at least but had planned on that anyway. Also some of staff are a bit sort of sarcastic but I suppose I might be a bit fed up if I worked 24/7.

Overall it was good for what we paid.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank ElizabethAlice22

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the montebello resort from the 14th October for a week with my boyfriend and his friend and we had a great time!
The ups:
The hotel was really nice
Bar staff were nice and made an effort to interact with us
Pool area was always clean
Food at snack times were very nice
Turkish bath and massage was amazing
Strip is a 2 minute walk from hotel and would highly recommend shadows bar
The downs:
Flys in the canteen
Pool was rediciously cold
Breakfast and tea time food was okay but not much choice of English foods but didn't matter as we were not in England!
Wouldn't listen to any of the rubbish reviews, we didn't and we had a great holiday and will be returning next year!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Kathmikejoe

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Sitting in the pool bar having checked out on our last day. I could go on about this hotel for ages, but I won't.

The rooms are nice and large with a huge shower in a reasonably sized bathroom. We had a wonderful view from our 3rd floor room in Block 2 straight down across the pool, the resort, to the sea.

We had no complaints about the food at all. We never even struggled to find something to eat at every meal during our 2 weeks here. Yes there was some repetition but this is only to be expected.

I've read people saying the drinks were weak or watered down. I'm sorry but if that's what you think then you have an alcohol problem and need help! Quite often when we were having our G&T's a second glass of tonic was required as there was so much gin in the first!

The staff work tirelessly and usually have a smile on there faces. Veysi and Ridvan in the restaurant deserve special mention for not only being very efficient but also very entertaining.

We have thoroughly enjoyed our 2 weeks here. Would we come again? Definitely, we are going to book for next year as soon as we get home and settled.

Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank MartinEP62

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Olu Deniz for the first 2 weeks of October and had an amazing time.
We have stayed in many AI hotel's over the years and this was probably the smallest which would explain the lack of variety in the meals. But having said that there was always something we could eat and we both loved the soup and bread. We ate out a few nights just for a bit of variety and all the restaurants were so cheap we didn't mind doing this even though we'd paid for AI.
The drinks were fine, no cocktails etc but like I said before this is a small hotel so I wouldn't necessarily expect it. Though maybe it's something they could look to do in the future - just simple cocktails though, nothing fancy with sparklers etc!
The pool area was lovely and we could always get a sun lounger, but there were not enough tables and chairs in the pool bar in the evening. This didn't bother us much though as we only had a couple of drinks there and then went into town for a drink and a change of scenery.
The staff seemed ok, some were miserable some were jolly. Nothing horrendous or exceptional to report there really. Our maid was over the top friendly and I think she was just after a tip all the time because she seemed to hang around a lot if she saw us go back to our room! We did leave her a tip at the end of our holiday though along with all of our left over toiletries.
There was no entertainment really but this didn't bother us too much as it's never our thing anyway. My husband was disappointed there was no day time activities though as he gets fed up of sunbathing. But it was fine by me!
So over all the hotel was nice and I would recommend it to anyone. Nice and clean, lovely modern rooms, big pool. The only thing I had a major issue with was the puppy they had tied up outside reception. Apparently she was the owners dog and it was better for her to be tied up there day and night than at home on her own. Which I agree with to a certain degree. I understand that people treat animals differently in other countries and her being there day and night did not harm her - and she had a constant stream of people coming to play with her - but her 'mess' was very rarely cleaned up and this is very unhealthy both to the puppy and hotel guests. A couple of times we had to mention it to reception as there was just so much of it. I think in the whole 2 weeks we were there it was only cleaned twice which is disgusting. Maybe I'm just sensitive because I'm a dog owner but no animal should be expected to live in it's own filth.
Anyway that was just my personal gripe and it wouldn't stop me from recommending this hotel.

Olu Deniz was beautiful, the beach and lagoon were lovely. There are lots of nice bars and restaurants and everything is just so cheap! We will definitely be back. Probably not to this hotel, but that's only because we like to stay in different places not because the hotel wasn't nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the top floor rooms and had an amazing view of the pool and sea.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple