Very new, clean, excellent hotel.
Rooms are brilliant. The double bed was fantastic. 2 good flatscreen tvs. Only criticism was there were only a few English Channels but you get CNBC, Eurosport,BBC entertaInment and BBC news so not so bad. No in room entertainment such as films or wireless. The maid was very good but the floors needed a mop and were left unmopped for the duration of our stay. The shower was amazing. Shower room very clean. They do give you bad toiletries. Go to Azda down the road and buy some or bring your own! The charge for the safe (£25 a week) is ridiculous!
The hotel pool is very good, lots of sunbeds. The hotel pool bar is not great but is ok. The prices are similar to those on the strip. The average price I saw when I was in Oludeniz was 6L for a large beer (Efes). This is what the hotel charges. Food in Pool bar is competitive but not great.
We went bed and breakfast. The breakfast is honestly the worst food I have ever had at breakfast. If this place goes all inclusive then they need to improve the food. The breakfast was as follows. The buffet starts with one of the gormless kids they employ helping you toast bread. The bread is very nice. Then there is an option for some turkish bread which has cheese in the middle (horrible!) then some slice untoasted bread. Then Soup! Yes soup for breakfast. Then fruit - 3 types of melon, figs, apricots. All come with flies hovering. Then comes some turkish meats - they have what they call Salami but it is luncheon meat. I like luncheon meat but hated this. It was disgusting. Then a selection of cheeses - not good. There is an edible plastic cheese. Again flies hovering around. Then there are cereals with weird yogurt options and horrible syrups and jams. Weird! The hot options were laughable. Omelettes which were plastic! Sausages that were cut in an odd way and overcooked! Then an option for 3 minute or 5 minute boiled eggs. These eggs were exactly the same and not good! The drink options were thermonuclear undiluted orange juice, some weird prune/berry juice. The Coffee was horrible, the tea was not good either. All in all this breakfast has changed my life, I can now be satisfied with cereal.
Having said all of this you can get really good breakfasts in the local area: I would recommend the following: 1. Gossip bar 2. Majic Garden 3. Lycian Dreams 4. Cloud Nine.
Gossip bar is good as they give you a free paper with your breakfast! :-) Breakfast is 6L to 11L.
Back to the hotel - the wireless is good - there is access in reception, by the pool, by the bar and at times in the room. Reception staff are very helpful. You can for things in the hotel with your room key (set up a tab). Beware of this though!
The BBQ night is ok but for me it was a wasted night in a fabulous restaurant that frequent the main strip. The entertainment acts were good at first but went on a bit.
As for eating out - you can't really go wrong if you stick to the main strip and read suggestions on here. Here are a few we liked:
1) Help! Bar: Amazing Food - fav place!
2)Toscana Italian : Brilliant steaks!
3) Secret Garden: Brilliant Meze
4) Captain Hooks: Seafood extreme
5) Mustabi : Have the Desti Kebab!! Fire!
6) Bella Gusto - Good pasta
7)Inci Yaman (Name wrong - next to Guide Tours main office) Where the locals eat kebabs! cheap and amazing
8)Jades - had a nice lunch here
Stay on the strip for food and you won't go wrong!! :-)
1) The beach is pebbly - take or buy some wet suit/beach/sea shoes
2) Book with a good tour company - the trips are amazing!
3) Didn't see any bad hotels but this one looked the best hotel and very cheap
Enjoy you will love your holiday here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montebello Resort in Belcekız Oludeniz Beach (Blue Lagoon) has a unique place. National beach is 400 meters long, the unique beauty of the sea of color and very famous. The starting point is very close to our hotel in Antalya Lycian Way walking through the 500 km long. Rising just behind our hotel Babadag (2000 mt), height, location and natural landscape, the highest peak is one of the important places in and around the world for paragliding. Our hotel is 12 km from the ruins of the ancient Kayaköy, Dalaman Airport 55 km, 45 km from Saklikent and Dalyan, Fethiye is located 13 km from the city center.Total 8000 m² in an area of 6,000 m² built on the block with 3 floors consists of 4 units. All garden, sea or pool view 115 standard rooms, 3 suite rooms, 2 handicapped rooms total 120 rooms available. The hotel lobby reception, Elevator, 250 pax capacity restaurant, 250 pax capacity breakfast lounge, 2 bars, 2 water slides, a large swimming pool, a separate children's pool, ornamental pool, Spa Therapy Center, Sauna, Turkish bath, massage rooms, steam room, Beauty salon, Hairdresser, Fitness Center, 200 pax capacity meeting room, mini club, animation shows, swimming pool for the Sun Shades, Cushions, Chaise Lounge, Parking, Market, Photo, Doctor, Table Tennis, Darts, Billiards, Satellite Wireless internet in public areas and in service of our valuable. Spacious and decorated in minimalist style, garden and pool view rooms:Mini-bar,Satellite LCD TV,Balcony,Air conditioning Hair Dryer, Bathroom, Direct dial telephone,WC,Shower,Ceramic floor, Safe deposit box, Fire alarm detector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Montebello Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montebello Hotel Oludeniz