“Great holiday if you overlook the rough edges”
Review of Karbel Beach Hotel

Karbel Beach Hotel
Ranked #55 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 night holiday at the Karbel Beach. This is our third holiday in Olu Deniz, having stayed at the Karbel Hotel and Tower. Out of the three, I can honestly say, the Karbel Beach was the most relaxing, and the best. I wasn't expecting much as I'm aware that it's one of the cheaper hotels, but have to admit that it exceeded expectations. The food is bought in from the Karbel Hotel and I can't remember it being so good there. Breakfast is the standard boiled eggs, cheese and cooked meats etc. with the odd days of scrambles eggs, omelettes and sauté potato . The standard of the evening meal was very good too, with a choice of chicken, meat or vegetable mains with ample meze.
We stayed in room 211, which was a family room so quite large and overlooking the pool. The shower leaked a bit and the sheets on the bed had a couple of holes, but otherwise couldn't have been better.
The staff are really friendly, which is the first time in Olu Deniz where there hasn't been one person who was ignorant (one porter in Karbel Hotel and barman in Tower).
Overall a fab holiday, and would Karbel Beach would certainly be my first choice when we return in two years.

Room Tip: For a change, go to Madras for a curry, it's really good! Also Joseph's is good for a meal...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dizzydi711

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel on the 9th of Sept having stayed at this resort a few times we found this hotel as a great central location as for the rooms we stayed at block 3 which is ideal , the maid was excellent cleaned room regular and fresh towels pool area was clean and relaxing food was ok if you want to just get by typical turkish breakfast evening meal was a bit hit and miss cuynet was very helpfull and polite the place could do with an update I did see some people complaining to the rep I don't know what about if I had one criticism that got to my notice was that 1 barman had a very bad hygiene issue and thought nothing bout not washing his hands after picking different parts of his body and then getting a glass to serve a drink otherwise we had a good stay top tip get b&b then eat out

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank colin5464
Reviewed September 18, 2013

lovely hotel staff were friendly and helpful food was first class good menu at night we were in block 3 room was good size and they were cleaned every day with nice touches of flowers made up onto beds and towels in shape of swans. beds were comfy and air condition was a bonus. lovely place central for everything if u want entertainment u can find it close by. hotel was quiet at night so no disruptions good nights sleep . will go back

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kirsty1963
Reviewed September 16, 2013

stayed at the karbel beach at the beginning of september 2013-Nice staff...the manager...Cuneyt was very helpful. the breakfast and dinners very interesting and varied. But the beds need renewing...very hard and uncomfortable...

Room Tip: A little noisy as right by the olu deniz market but lovely if you love the buzz...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just got back from Karbel Beach Hotel in Oludeniz. We stayed for 11 nights half board, the food was a bit hit and miss for me, as some of the food on offer was not to my taste, but when it was it was very good. We were put in what some people call the dungeon or basement rooms, it was great we had a balcony so that was fine as we had somewhere to dry our beach towels. The room itself was lovely, towels and bedding changed regularly, pool area was quiet with plenty of sunbeds. We enjoyed it so much we got back last night and booked again for next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

just got back from karbel beach on 10/09/2013 the hotel is small but well cleaned and tidy . had read previous reviews about dungeon rooms but was given one which was a lot cooler than top ones and easier for me as I have breathing problems. all staff from cleaners to management was very friendly. the food was repetitive but you get for what you pay for. if did visit oul deniz I would stay here again but unfortunately the trail on coach after flight was too long.pity an airport cant be put nearer to the resorts of turkey instead of the long ride from the airplane . would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just got back from a 3 week stay at the karbel beach hotel. This is a very honest and frank review . Nice little hotel we stayed in block 3 which I requested in advance after reading previous reviews no complaints about the room yes it is small but defiantly not a box room , room was comfortable cleaned every day and always spotless . Pool is small but always got a sunbed and always nice and clean . Ok so we arrived at 2am got shown to our room first thing I did was check the fridge for a bottle of the usually complimentary water !!!! There was none! Asked at reception if we could get water and was told to go and buy some at the shop next door ! Yes it's only a little thing but these little things add up which we discovered too many times during our stay ! Our first morning at breakfast we arrived 5 minutes early and out of courtesy I said is it ok to get a coffee , I was told no I had to wait 5 minutes more this was ridiculous considering the staff was all drinking coffee and helping themselves to breakfast ! Seriously we thought they was having a little joke with us so I joking with them as I thought I went to pick up a cup to have it yanked away from me and told I had now 3 more minutes to wait !!!! Needless to say we never arrived for breakfast before 7.30 again . Breakfast was basic but it is turkey and not England so don't be expecting a full English but after a few days of boiled eggs bread yogurt and cheese u may get fed up we can recommend the blue star hotel right opposit or the gossip bar for a fantastic breakfast. The food choice at night usually consisted of a choice of two main courses and then a selection of salads, to be honest food was ok but the restaurant had the feel of a school canteen and no atmosphere ! Another thing whenever we have been half board before we have always had a drink provided with the evening meal this is not the case no glass of wine or beer no coffe or tea after your meal not even a glass of water !!! Overall we had a lovely stay at the karbel beach just think they need to fine tune a few things and if I was to recommend this to anyone I'd recommend going just b&b but considering what we paid for the holiday it was still a bargain but I'd budget for eating out and not relying on the full board basis as you are sure to get fed up of the repetitive menu and the lack of atmosphere in the bar and restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple