“Amazing holiday”

Ranked #6 of 50 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
somerset
“Amazing holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were at Taner 9th July.....It was last minuet booking.....We arrived in the night , in morning didnt much like room, it was below ground level. It was clean but just didnt feel right. Demmi, the receptionist moved us straight away to a lovely room at front. She could not do enough to help us throughout our stay, she is a lovely girl.....,Rambo.........well what can i say. He is the most brilliant barman i have ever met on holiday......i drove him round the bend as i only drink Tea.After 2 days i was known as the tea lady!!!!!! I have to say he made the holiday. Although w e were b&b we never actualy left the hotel much.....The pool was fab.....If you want a good night out then go to DREAMS, just around corner ...PERFECT can i just say hello to Rambo and the team,,,and Demmi i hope your wedding is all you want it to be........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kylem

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great location, friendly staff, clean well presented rooms. Pool area always clean and well presented lots of sunbeds too. We asked for the same room as last year and were thrilled to be staying there again. 10/10

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Alison_Alex_Jess
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I booked this at the last minute so probably paid more than I should have. From previous reviews I knew hotel was quite basic and wasn't disapponted!
First the good points (not many)-
Hotel was generally clean, including pool area. Plenty of sunbeds but best to take your towels down at breakfast time to 'reserve' one, as everyone else seemed to.
Nice and close to restaurants and bars and only a few minutes to the beach.
Bar area pleasant and good selection of food to purchase.

Now for the not so good points,of which there are several-

Hotel looks basic from the outside, certainly not a grand entrance!
First impressions of the room not too good. Shown to our room to find the shower door was off and leaning against the bathrom wall. The bathroom floor was swimming with water and was very slippy. I mentioned this to reception and asked for a bath mat which was promptly delivered. However, using the shower meant the floor was soaked again in seconds.I spoke to the Thomson rep about this and the following day, the shower door was refitted. However, I don't think we should have been given the room in this state in the first place.
The towels supplied were very rough and scratchy, sometimes even threadbare. These were changed most days but not always. Also the bedding left a lot to be desired- lumpy pillows and rough bedspread- not that comfy!

The floors were carpetted rather than tiled, which was a little strange. The carpet was quite nasty and badly fitted, not very pleasant to walk on.

Small balcony but did not sit out much as there was a lot of traffic noise from the nearby busy road- not mentioned in the brochure.

Breakfast was mainly 'Turkish' but not very good. Cereal inedible and no teabags supplied! One or two hot dishes supplied but had often gone by the time we got there. They will make you other things like scrambled egg on toast but you have to pay extra for these. I've had breakfast in a lot of hotels and this was probably the worst.
Overall, hotel does the job and we enjoyed our holiday. If you can get this cheap and want a clean basic hotel close to the beach and restaurants, then the Grand Taner is ok. There were a lot of regulars who seemed to have been going for years so it can't be too bad.
If they made some slight improvements, eg new towels and bedding and get rid of the nasty carpet, then I might consider returning. However, most of the other hotels in Olu Deniz looked much nicer from the outside and I'll probably book elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: There seemed to be some much larger room with bigger balconies. Try asking for one of these.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

just returned from oludeniz, stayed at the grand taner hotel, they gave us the wrong room when we arrived which was a family room, very spacious and very clean so we didnt mind and ended up staying in that room, they give you a safe in which you can put all your important belongings and you have to pay for air conditioning (which you will because its extremely hot) all staff are very welcoming and nice, the location is perfect, its away from the noise but as soon as you walk 1 minute down the road your at the nightlife, and another minute down the road is the beach, only bad thing i can say about this hotel is the beds, they are quite tough but we didnt care much!

Room Tip: we stayed in garden 1 and that seemed to be the best room !
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I hate long reviews but please read if your thinking of booking.

We arrived at 11pm to find we had been double booked and didn't have a room. There was no explanation or apology, we were just led to a hotel up the road and told to come back after 3 nights.

We checked in (still no apology or explanation) upon going to our room my wife said she saw the maids going through someone's belongings but talked her self out of it due to utter disbelief. 1 hour later I went to our room and then saw the
Maids again going through people's things, spraying there perfume and using there hair straighteners!!!!!! I reported this to reception, they didn't seem to care, just brushing me off.

This hotel seems to want as much money out of u as they can. there safe charges are much greater than anywhere else. We've stayed in oludeniz twice and not paid extra for air con, of course here we had to. I changed some money and to my suprise the receptionist rounded down my lira and seemed offended when I wanted the right amount. We have used a private beach on the blue lagoon and previous hotels have not minded calling them to collect us but the grand taner did, apparently "our buisness is there". I take great exeption to being TOLD where I should spend my money.

Our room was bellow what we where expecting (we weren't expecting much) the sink was coming away from the wall, the bathroom handle came off,  the wardrobe didn't shut properly. My sheets where changed 3times in 2 weeks, I know this because of the cigarette burns in the sheets I had.

Finally staff smoked in the corridor and rooms were turned around in the middle of the night, this woke us several times.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Mrp86
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Just returned from Olu Deniz and had a fantastic holiday with my partner. We were after a budget holiday and didn't know what to expect but were very pleasently surprised with the Grand Taner. Excellent value for money, very clean, tv in room, air con, great shower and very kind staff. Many guests were returning from previous years which speaks for itself. Our room was the only down fall. The room itself was perfect and we think has receently been refurbished however, we were downstairs which we think is next to some staff rooms. Every night about 2.30am we were woken by banging doors and loud voices which was not appreciated. The pool area was quite busy and sun loungers were saved very very early with towels but the pool is kept clean and was the perfect size for the small hotel. It is located minutes from the main strip, beach, lagoon and dolmus to local towns. Olu Deniz was lovely with lots to ddo. Nice resturants - at reasonable prices - especially enjoyed the buzz beach bar. Lots of excursions on offer at very cheap prices, £5 for an al day boat trip incl lunch. We had an amazing holiday and would definetly return!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hayley s
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Brilliant value for money. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Nice small hotel with good pool and bar area. Would stay again. Great location and views.

Breakfast wasn't great sadly. The rooms were basic but adequate. Could have been a bit cleaner but weren't unbearable.

• Stayed July 2012