“Not so grand”
Review of Taner Hotel

Taner Hotel
Ranked #8 of 54 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I hate long reviews but please read if your thinking of booking.

We arrived at 11pm to find we had been double booked and didn't have a room. There was no explanation or apology, we were just led to a hotel up the road and told to come back after 3 nights.

We checked in (still no apology or explanation) upon going to our room my wife said she saw the maids going through someone's belongings but talked her self out of it due to utter disbelief. 1 hour later I went to our room and then saw the
Maids again going through people's things, spraying there perfume and using there hair straighteners!!!!!! I reported this to reception, they didn't seem to care, just brushing me off.

This hotel seems to want as much money out of u as they can. there safe charges are much greater than anywhere else. We've stayed in oludeniz twice and not paid extra for air con, of course here we had to. I changed some money and to my suprise the receptionist rounded down my lira and seemed offended when I wanted the right amount. We have used a private beach on the blue lagoon and previous hotels have not minded calling them to collect us but the grand taner did, apparently "our buisness is there". I take great exeption to being TOLD where I should spend my money.

Our room was bellow what we where expecting (we weren't expecting much) the sink was coming away from the wall, the bathroom handle came off,  the wardrobe didn't shut properly. My sheets where changed 3times in 2 weeks, I know this because of the cigarette burns in the sheets I had.

Finally staff smoked in the corridor and rooms were turned around in the middle of the night, this woke us several times.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Mrp86

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Just returned from Olu Deniz and had a fantastic holiday with my partner. We were after a budget holiday and didn't know what to expect but were very pleasently surprised with the Grand Taner. Excellent value for money, very clean, tv in room, air con, great shower and very kind staff. Many guests were returning from previous years which speaks for itself. Our room was the only down fall. The room itself was perfect and we think has receently been refurbished however, we were downstairs which we think is next to some staff rooms. Every night about 2.30am we were woken by banging doors and loud voices which was not appreciated. The pool area was quite busy and sun loungers were saved very very early with towels but the pool is kept clean and was the perfect size for the small hotel. It is located minutes from the main strip, beach, lagoon and dolmus to local towns. Olu Deniz was lovely with lots to ddo. Nice resturants - at reasonable prices - especially enjoyed the buzz beach bar. Lots of excursions on offer at very cheap prices, £5 for an al day boat trip incl lunch. We had an amazing holiday and would definetly return!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hayley s
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Brilliant value for money. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Nice small hotel with good pool and bar area. Would stay again. Great location and views.

Breakfast wasn't great sadly. The rooms were basic but adequate. Could have been a bit cleaner but weren't unbearable.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Returned today 21/07/12 after a 2 week break at the Grand Tanner Olu Deniz.
A party of 6 in 3 rooms.

Location 10/10, quiet but within reach of everthing in minutes.

Staff 10/10 Absolutely brilliant, every single one,friendly helpfull, and there is Rambo,
Rambo is a wonderfull character, they must have broke the mould when they made him.

Food 9/10 breakfast is a bit boring, but bar meals are excellent, 1 point down for the daily boiled eggs for breakfast.

Pool 10/10 yes you do get the towel brigade, you get them everywhere.

Rooms 7/10 this is my only gripe.
towels and bedding was not clean and stains evident even after change.
bathroom fittings needed some elbow grease and were never cleaned in our 2 weeks stay.
a small screw from the shower was on the bathroom floor when we arrived and was there when we left.
bathroom door had to be slammed to shut, balcony door was also difficult to shut.
these are a little picky, but do make a difference from a 2* to something better.
I believe that an investment in new towels, bedding, cleaning regime,and perhaps a decent handyman would make an enormous improvement in the quality of the grand tanner.
I know this would increase the price but would gladly pay the extra.

Would I go back? Without dought, already looking to return, thomsons take over the uk bookings in 2013, but you can still book direct.
The aircon costs £4 per night, safe £2 per night and a fridge £4 per night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Returned from the grand Taner on Thursday from a 10 day stay with my girlfriend. Was fantastic the whole way through with everyone being very attentive and helpful throughout. The staff loe a good laugh and this adds to a great atmosphere. I have given 5 stars but one issue is there aren't enough sun beds so you have to get in early to ensure a spot by the pool although the beach is just a 10 min walk! Rambo behind the bar is the man!!! Plenty of banter!
Will hopefully be returning, what more can I say?

Room Tip: New rooms downstairs are fantastic and slightly more modern, pool rooms could be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jack0_1_2_3
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Grand Taner Hotel experience just gets more enjoyable with every holiday. There is a magic at Grand Taner like nowhere else. Not only are the hotel staff and the servicewarm friendly and just perfect but they seem to attract like minded customers.
We are all so happy together the ambiance has to be lived to appreciate what is so special there

Room Tip: Book early to even get a room but all are fine
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shaverley
Reviewed July 4, 2012

once again stayed at grand taner hotel lovely hotel comfortable.. bar staff and manager taner are wounderful people.. nice clean and pleasant .. .. food from the hotel is cooked very nice thanks memett .. bar man rambo is a funny charactor who will have a laugh with all holiday makers.. and so are the rest of the staff .. will be returning again in september this year 2012 ..
for a wedding hooneymoon with friends ..
just to say thanks to taner hotel and all staff for a great holiday see you all soon ..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple