“Good value for money”
Review of The Tower Hotel

The Tower Hotel
Ranked #47 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my boyfriend (aged 21 and 23) booked a last minute holiday to Olu Deniz.
Our room at the tower was very spacious,clean and the bathroom had a great shower. My only criticism being that the bed sheets were hard and uncomfortable, also our room was right next to the bar so I would recommend requesting a room behind the pool away from reception.
The pool was great, clean and there were always sun loungers available, you never had to get up early to put towels out.
We had lunch at the hotel a few times, which gets added to a bill which you can pay off at anytime, the food was okay and drinks are more expensive at the hotel.
The hotel is in a good location, 5 minute walk to the strip and beach and far enough away so that you can't hear it on a night. The shops on the strips also except sterling as well as Turkish lira and we payed for an excursion with our rep in sterling. Great weather, great holiday!

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the bar!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stephanienic
There are newer reviews for The Tower Hotel

Reviewed September 15, 2013

All I can say is read all the reviews not just the seemingly good reviews as I did to my disappointment !!! Oli Deniz is fantastic wonderful restaurants and very beautiful very friendly people top tip change your money in the resort the rate is much more favourable than the travel rate at home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank aspirem
Reviewed September 14, 2013

As a well seasoned traveller I have to say what an excellent place this was as a base camp.We booked the flights,hotel and transfers seperately using diferent companies and was a smooth flowing experience.Last year we stayed at the Imparator which is behind the Tower Hotel.When we arrived around 9.30 in the evening there was a lovely welcome waiting for us with an introduction to the staff and then shown to our room towards the back of the Hotel grounds(208).First impression was basic but VERY CLEAN.For £9 per night B+B who could possibly moan.
We asked about the Imparator Hotel and where we were in relation to it.Laughing ,we were shown the balcony door only to be shown the garden wall that divides the Hotels ha ha.We called over to the staff,Harry and Ali,who were pleased to see us again,inviting us over for a drink and to meet the family.again.
The two hotels are owned by the same family and GRANDMOTHER runs the show.When we met her later on and realised we had stayed there last year ,she invited us to use the Grandma,s gate in the garden to access both hotels if the need arose.

When the the Tower staff realised we knew the family,we were treated with respect throughout our stay.The room was cleaned every day with fresh towels and flowers,sculptured on our bed.
A lovely touch to see when we returned to our room.
Pool bar staff Asli and Josef were always welcoming with a smile and glass of fresh orange juice and a coffee every morning.
Pool was well looked after as were the gardens,the cleaners were friendly too.
We ate out every night as you are spoilt for choice with some excellent local restaraunts and cafe bars.
We ate during the day at the hotel (snacks etc)and with no complaints about the food.
The Tower has a policy of no drinks and food to be brought in(use a haversack lol).which may put a few people off but it has a little supermarket on site at slightly inflated prices.
BABA is the crux of the Tower Hotel in the evening,multi tasking all night long but always wears a smile and has a kind word for you when your around the bar.
Overall an excellent experience and could not argue with the value for money scenario that is common in Turkey.
If you learn a few liittle Turkish words and phrases,you will experience a different side to people when you go out and about.
Be nice to people and they will return the compliment,smile and the whole world smiles with you.
Thankyou for a lovely stay and we,ll see you again next year,gulay gulay!!!!!

Andy and Lisa

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AndyandLisa2013
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This place is lovely. I went with my partner and out 2 year old little girl.The people that work here are so friendly and made us feel very welcome and doted over our daughter. The surroundings are lovely with lots of trees and flowers with a gardener watering them every day. I would reccomend this hotel to everyone and will be returning very soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We Stayed at The Tower Hotel for 2 nights, it was situated at a centeral location Close to shops and 350m app 15min walk away from the beach. Bus pick up and drop off is infront of hotel, Atmosphere of Hotel is great,
Friendly Staff, Breakfast was below average.nothing fancy scramble eggs, jam, cheese, olives
Dinner was excellent it was a large variety of Turkish Dishes,
Pool was clean also had a baby-toddler pool.
Rooms were old, very old t.v bathroom needed attention, furniture in room was old timber.
Pricing was overall over priced.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great location away from all the noise, 5 min walk away from the main strip. Hotel staff very nice especially barmen Boris and Baba who we made good friends with. Would return to this hotel and would definately recommend!! Overall a great and enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank AyshaaI
Reviewed September 8, 2013

just returned from a stay at the tower 9 aug to the 24 the hotel itself was nice enough there are plenty around that didn't look as nice next door for instance the rooms are basic either a double bed or two singles in our party there were 5 of us my wife and me two children 9 and 13 and my mother in law my wife and I and 9 year old shared and my 12 year old and mother in law shared we had a double bed and my daughter was on a seat under the window she is about 4ft 9in if she had been any bigger she wouldn't have fitted the good points about the room are that the air con is free the only trouble is that when you take the key out of the holder the electricity goes off and as we had hired a fridge the fridge went off to the way we got round it is we used to swap keys with our other room and keep it going and alternate so your room was cool when you went in but that only works if you have two rooms the maid comes every day when we arrived the little seat bed had a sheet on the bottom and an old blanket for the top which my daughter didn't like and it was the same for us so I went to reception and asked for a sheet for us which in all fairness they gave us the pool was nice not enough beds for the amount of people so you have to be down early if you want a bed and they say that you cant reserve beds and if a bed has not been used for half an hour or more they will be removed it didn't happen cos we saw plenty of beds not being used with towels on them the staff are friendly and helped me when we got there with our cases as there were 5 big cases and we don't travel light so that was a great help there was a couple of down bits which some might say is trivial when we were round the pool there were a few young couples your typical chavs who thought it was essential to sit either at the side of the pool or in it drinking with glasses or sitting on the edge smoking as there were small children running round and playing with balls it was an accident waiting to happen after a couple of days of this I approached one couple and told them about what could happen cos he actually had a pint glass in the pool but it still went on so I went to reception and said what was the rules about having glass in and around the pool and the response I got was a shrug of the shoulders and a total lack of interest I got the feeling you can do what you want as long as your spending money and it was the same for drinking water in the room you can do it as long as you buy our drinks but don't bring in cheaper drinks that you can buy in any of the shops as there are signs forbidding you to do this we just ignored the signs anyway we stayed bed and breakfast but the breakfast was a disgrace toaster that didn't work scraps of bread to make toast with cereal which even my daughter didn't like and she loves any chocolate based cereal I know it was a turkish based breakfast but it was a joke got to say the breakfast you pay for was nice and the snacks round the pool because you are spending money they put the rubbish out in the morning hoping you buy a proper breakfast apart from those little things it was ok for the money

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family