“The most friendly family run hotel we have ever experienced”
Review of Hotel Turk

Hotel Turk
Ranked #58 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a week away at the Hotel Turk, Oludeniz. We arrived late at night and from the very moment of arrival to the last minute of departure all the family and staff ensured our stay was the best they could offer. The bar staff are extremely friendly and interactive although not 'over the top', they have the skill and professionalism to balance the banter and jokes with keeping their distance not to intrude into your space while on holiday.
The rooms are very clean, modern furnishing and good quality beds and bedding, our room was cleaned thoroughly every day, our room had no outlook but who needs that when the grounds of the hotel are so beautiful, is all we wanted from the room was to shower, change and sleep, and it offered all of that.
We booked on a half board basis however, we only took advantage of the set evening meal (no choice) on two of the seven occasions, the meal was very well presented and tasty although if you are a big eater a top up side dish may be required at a reasonable additional cost. No desert is provided; take advantage of the 'cake man' visit at the bar in the afternoon and save for your evening meal (7.5 TL about £2.50).
Breakfast is very limited although again for a reasonable cost this can be upgraded to a full English with back bacon for only £3.00, if you are happy with cheese, toast, boiled eggs, tomatoes etc then the continental breakfast will suffice for you, we only had a alternative breakfast on two occasions to break the monotony.
The pool is crystal clear and the sun loungers are in excellent condition topped with a sponge mattress all in 'as new' condition.
The bar meals are excellent, especially the Moussaka, the Turkish Pidde is very fresh and good value for a midday snack. Do not miss out of one of Sab's banana milkshakes!
The hotel is located just off the main high street of shops and restaurants and only a five minute walk to the beach.
What makes this hotel so unique is the clientele that appear to be regulars over numerous years, and after only one week stay we felt we became part of the furniture! everyone is just so friendly and we believe this atmosphere originates from Lily and her husband throughout the guests, a very unique experience and one that must be experienced again; we are already looking for flights in October for a long weekend.
Excellent wifi service from the bar to the pool area (£10 per week for the room, as many devices you wish to connect).
A big thank you to Lily, Hussain, Sab, Elvis and the young lady behind the bar (sorry never caught her name) for a very enjoyable short break in Turkey, well done to you all and we look forward to seeing you again as soon as we can.
Highly recommended, excellent budget hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank hoteltroubleshooter

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our first stay at the Turk Hotel, although we had always previously shown a genuine welcome when we visited in the Past as we would meet friends there.

Firstly our Transfer organised by Lily was excellent ,which was appreciated after our air journey.
We arrived at the hotel to a warm welcome ,reception was relaxed and informative and we were shown our room .It was lovely and clean and had a tiled floor which I prefer ,bathroom was clean and large enough, safety boxes/aircon available in the rooms of course depending on how you book whether included.I can recommend direct booking with Lily.

We had arrived late, Ismail the chef kindly ensured we had something to eat before heading off to bed and was much appreciated .I knew from the that first night we would enjoy and relax on this holiday.

The Hotel is family run and we were shown great hospitality and made to feel very at home.
Food was excellent, enjoyable and available throughout the day .We were on a bed and breakfast basis and it was a turkish breakfast which was more than adequate and there plenty of it .For those of you who feel you want an english breakfast this is available at a very small charge.
Snacks were available and at a good price ,I noted that childrens meals were on the , they looked good, with many choices in fact I would say if they could do something for you they would.

I have to mention the mattresses on the beds very comfortable and were new ,I know they were as new ones arrived when we were there,a;so mattress protectors on the beds.
Cleaning was good and the cleaning staff were lovely and very pleasant ,I also felt very trustworthy.
The pool and sunbeds were clean and well maintained and the gardens kept pretty and cared for.

For your convenience there was bottled water to buy also various soft drinks kept really cold in 3 big refridgerators.These were of a great price and justified the sign to not bring in from outside ,I feel anyone who moans at this is being unreasonable, as all hotels in Oludeniz ,ovacick ,Hisaranu and Fethiye also stippulate this and come on so does the majority of hotels in the world .It is a Hotel.
Crisps available, various kinds and flavours, also a good price for the snackers out there
Not forgetting the reasonably priced ice lollies and ice creams ,good for the kids and the bigger kids.

The Turk Hotel is very conveniently placed within the resort for the stroll down the main street to the Beach.

I cannot finish this without referring to the Family Lily,Hussain,Ikre, Yosef and of course mom and Dad.I saw a great act of kindness shown to a group of friends who sadly had a very sad event whilst they were there.I can honestly say to watch such compassion ,Kindness and assistance shown was humbling to watch.OUTSTANDING.

This break was a nine day stay that began to feel like a wonderful 3 week of relaxation and joy
Needless to sat we are back in july/August and are considering October of course

Lily ,Hussain and gang what a tremendous job you do and we have made some new friends .Yes you Lily and family and of course mother .A little Gem with a big heart

Room Tip: if you want to know more contact hotel very helpful on all your questions
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank cleopatra8
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We're just back from our third stay at Hotel Turk and what a fantastic time we had.
Lilly, Hussein and all their staff went out of their way to make us welcome for the entire 11 days of our holiday.
We were the first guests of the season to arrive and had the place to ourselves for the first night and by the end of our holiday the place was packed.
It seems to attract a really nice calibre of guests; from Moey and his mates below, Japanese tourists, Turkish, Bulgarian and Welsh paragliders, German cyclists alongside your bog standard couples and families.
Breakfast was always an interesting affair with everyone so relaxed and chatty, sharing experiences and recommendations with each other which is testament to how you are made to feel at home.
The chambermaids never stopped smiling, Elvis cooked up some mighty fine meals in the kitchen at all times of the day and night while Lilly, Hussein and their beautiful children Ikra (11) & Yussef(8) took care of the front of house.
Needless to say we are looking forward to visit number 4 !!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 2housty
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a great time visiting Oludeniz. We were four young guys that went out there beginning/ mid april just as the 'season' was starting. We arrived at the hotel very late in the night but Hussein and Ismail put together some mixed grills for us :)

The hotel itself was clean and the rooms were of a good size with a balcony and hair dryer in the bathroom. It's great value for money and is in an ideal location with the strip and the beach a few minutes away by walk.

The Turk Hotel is a proper family run hotel and Ismail and Hussein were just amazing, nothing was too much to ask and their customer service really made our holiday. We met Lilly a few times too and she was just as good.. very polite and always helpful.

It is very rare to find such personal and friendly service these days and it was available in abundance here.

I plan on coming back in the summer, this time with the family.
Thank you for being so accommodating and welcoming Turk Hotel!

Mohammed

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs in rooms facing the poolside.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Moey_Gatsby
Reviewed December 31, 2013

What a wonderful family run hotel, lily and her family are so friendly, and are there to help if you need them, their food is beautiful, and food is when ever and how much you want on your plate... Throughout the day till they close their tills. The swimming pool is clean and warm. The rooms are clean and breach towels and bedding every day. Im looking forward to my holiday here again next yr. Oh and I can't forget about the friends of the family and bar staff, very polite and warm people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank p0ppy1977
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was my first time staying at the hotel, I was traveling with some Turkish friends who had been here a few times before. The place was clean and it looks like it had undergone renovation sometime in the last couple of years as everything looked freshly painted and my room (top floor) had nice tiles with no cracks.

I read the hotel guide in the room and it warned not to drink the tap water. Shame I hadn't read this before brushing my teeth. Turns out I was fine so I kept brushing my teeth with tap water and had no issues. The hotel guide also warned that if you just got a tattoo please bandage it before sleeping in the bed as you will stain the linens (I laughed that they needed to say that, guess spur-of-the-moment tattoos are popular in Oludeniz).

The room came with no toiletries including soap, which I found a bit odd. I wasn't fussed as I had brought my own toiletries anyway but for people reading this bear that in mind.

Sleep was comfortable, and I had no problems with noise. It was late in the season so I didn't use the air conditioner (which apparently costs an extra 4 Pounds Sterling a day if you want it turned on).

I think my two Turkish friends were the only non-Brits staying at the hotel. Everyone else was British, and I don't think I met anyone who hadn’t stayed at this hotel multiple times. A hotel must be doing something right when all of the guests are “regulars” who keep coming back. The bar by the pool seats at least 20 people and even though it was close to the end of the season some evenings it would be hard to find a seat. It was pleasant chatting with the various guests and getting tips on what to see in Oludeniz.

The owners and staff were always very helpful. For example we had driven down to Oludeniz and parked in front of the hotel. The traffic police issued a warning ticket so the owners moved their car as far up the short driveway as they could so my friend could park behind them. My friend then left his car keys with them if we were going to be out all day in case they needed to move his car to get out.

Location was good too, maybe 30 metres from the main pedestrian street and maybe a five minute walk to the beach.

Summary: clean, friendly, nice atmosphere, decent location. Good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Qatarskeptic
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is what I would describe as a cheap and cheerful hotel. Very good value, about three minutes walk from the main beach (but would recommend taking a bit longer walk and going to Blue Lagoon end, not so pebbly or shelving). Although we were late arriving due to flight delay, Hussein cheerfully cooked us wraps and chips at 11pm, very much appreciated. Nice, hard-working people. We were probably a bit of a disappointment to them as we like to be out and about during the day and try different restaurants at night so didn't spend too much time in the hotel, just used it as a base. However, the food we ate there was very nice and there was always a sunbed round the pool if you wanted one. Staff were always around and very helpful. Bedroom was basic (not that big and with no drink making facilities) but clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. Sheets and towels were changed every other day. It was our first time in Olu Deniz and we had a great holiday. Would book the Turk again as it is relatively inexpensive and ideal for our type of holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool look nice but are nearer the bar and the street so don't know how noi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple