“LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN”

Ranked #54 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
edinburgh
“LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Although not staying at the hotel I visited as I have sent many clients who return year after year. Having spoken to lovely Lily and her family I only wish that I had been staying there. Most friendly staff/ excellent food especially cake delivery of an afternoon yum yum. I was allowed to view rooms which were very nice and quite a few which had been newly decorated. Location near to the strip but far enough away to avoid noise. Great location near to beach/shops. Next year I will re visit and stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank buddy75Edinburgh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Turkish first
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

When we got at the hotel it's wasn't the best welcome but we got in to our basement rooms there was six of us staying togever in three different basement rooms one of which was poor but the other two was fine mine and my girlfriends room was one of the fine rooms, the view from outside on the patio was just a wall from the shop beside the hotel didn't bother me we had more space then others 2 dry our towels and stuff so sort of made up for it, the shower was good power wise but didn't drain the cleaners done it WHEN We WANTED the room cleaned, the owners was nice and the staff aswell, the food wasn't great but still edible the soup was fantastic tho, all in all if you just want a nice cheap get away and ant just a pool lounger then this hotel is good!! it has great character and a nice story if you ask Lilly about the place!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Luke C
Notts,UK
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first time in May. Yet again the Hotel was lovely. The rooms are clean, the staff are friendly and cannot do enough for you. We have stayed here now 7 times and cannot see ourselves staying anywhere else in the resort. What more could you wish for in a holiday hotel that isn't over priced ? It is a very friendly family run hotel that is very clean and tidy. We will be returning.
Thanks for yet another lovely holiday Excellent Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We are going back to Hotel Turk in 4 weeks time for the 5th time and we love it. We have introduced more of our friends each time and they love it too. We are ardent travellers having been to many places in the caribbean and europe and we find the Hotel Turk exceptional value for money, very friendly and very accommodating. Lily and Hussain and all the staff work very hard and very long hours and nothing is too much trouble. Lily's whole family are very welcoming.
We have made many friends there and love catching up with them each year. Roll on 4 weeks !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Sharon1906
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is well worth a visit as they are very friendly especially Lily. It has a friendly atmosphere with a great location. The rooms are very clean. The staff are great. The food is very nice and if they don't have something like a certain type of bottled beer which I asked for they will sort it. As they did for me which gave me good first impressions.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank 67bart
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We arrived late with a few other couples to find the staff sleeping. We had to bang the doors in the end to wake them up, not good considering the comfort of the other guests in the hotel. We were shown our room which was basic and covered in bugs. We had to buy bug spray ourselves the next day as no one was interested when we asked if something could be done. Therefore the ritual began of spraying in the morning when we left and in the evening before going out for dinner. The staff were friendly but the owners managers were not. They kept asking us if we wanted to have a meal on the Turkish night, but going on the food available at breakfast we just said we would think about it. Well when the evening arrived and the hotel was empty it confirmed we made the right decision not to attend. This did not go down well with Lily who told us in no uncertain terms that we had in fact already agreed and we had therefore needed to pay. We explained that no we had not booked the Turkish evening and we would not be paying, I'm still unsure if this was a genuine miscommunication or a bullying tactic. Either way being accused of lying and wasting her time was not what you would expect. Then on a separate evening myself and my boyfriend arrived back a little tipsy, not loud or making any sort of scene just returning to our room for the evening to get showered and go out for dinner. My boyfriend was asked by the staff why I was so drunk while I was standing right beside him. I was not drunk just a little merry and its none of your business. I am on holiday and can drink alcohol if I want. My boyfriend was absolutely fuming, I just put it down to judge mental prejudiced thinking which probably isn't the best mindset to have when you are running a hotel that caters mainly for western tourists. We loved Oludeniz and recommend a visit just stay at another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Neil C
TURK H, Owner at Hotel Turk, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I found this review to be very unfair. All our staff work tirelessly to ensure that all our guests have a great stay here at the Turk Hotel. We have a very large number of guests who return to us each year, several of them visit us three or four times. We cannot understand why they did not approach us about problems that they had experienced. The hotel is set in beautiful gardens and like any other garden' bugs' can be visible from time to time throughout the year. We do try to keep this under control. The customers failed to realise that they were holidaying in a third world muslim country where the culture differs from that in England. There is also the question of the language barrier. I, as owner, speak English fluently and am usually avaliable is any problems arise. To say that we are rude and obnoxious is totally unacceptable and had these people talked to all the other guests staying with us they would have seen that our staff and my family really do care about ALL our visitors.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Brilliant budget hotel, much nicer than a 4* place we stayed in Istanbul.

We had twin beds on arrival & I'd asked for a double room - they moved us straight away & helped with our bags which was great.

Rooms are really clean, bathrooms looked newly renovated and were spotless. Small balcony areas which are great for drying towels etc.

Breakfast was really nice, always enough food out even if you are a late riser!

Pool area is quite small but location is brilliant & really close to the beach.

The comments about the owner being rude slightly worried me before we went, Lily loves her regulars that stay and eat/drink in the bar every night, she does tend to chat to these people more - but why wouldn't she?! We are a couple who go out to different places every night and don;t really stay in the hotel much and she was still very friendly and polite to us. She did tell us off once for bringing our own water in - so if you do this, just be discreet about it & its fine go to 'azda' way cheaper than buying in the hotel!

The cleaners, bar & kitchen staff are great so hard working and very friendly.

Perfect stay!