“Best Holiday Ever!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #14 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
istanbul
“Best Holiday Ever!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

It was one of our best holidays ever!! great staff, beautiful hotel, perfect sea and of course amazing animation activities and animation staff..Gizem and Emre are the best!! they're soooo fun and friendly, i love them sooooo muchhhh, i felt myself home!! and also Ceynur-guest relations- is a supergirl, she was so interested with every little detail!!
If u have any plans to go to Oludeniz-Fethiye, don't hesitate to go this perfect place!!
thank you for this amazing holiday guys, see u next year:)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We booked this as our last holiday with our teenage son and his friend having last been to the Olu Ata region 21 years ago. Essentially when we were last here Olu Deniz as a resort did not exist, unfortunately after this holiday we witnessed first hand how a beautiful area can be absolutely spoilt for the worst by tourism, why is it that every British holiday destination has to be like a mini Benidorm?

Arrival - we arrived at the Torquoise at 4.00am Turkish time to - you've guessed it - no room, the boys had to move to a neighbouring hotel while my wife and I were given a 'skanky' family room. Over the next two days there then proceeded a game of musical rooms where we all moved rooms twice, we were not the only people doing this I would hasten to add! When challenged about the unavailability of suitable rooms the TC rep said that they are aware that it happens, but there's nothing they can do - got news for you TC, there is - you can stop using this hotel!

The pool area was, as everyone has suggested, conjested with towels, get them out by 7.00am or you've missed a bed. When challenged the TC rep said that the hotel complies with the minimum requirements of 50% sunloungers to rooms, get your alarm set! One of our teenagers was also affected by the oft quoted ear ache.

Food - Breakfast was okay, pool snacks okay, evening meal (we didn't stay half board so I'm quoting my teenager here) were like school dinners at times.

Evening entertainment - teenagers sort of enjoyed it, we didn't indulge. However, would warm everyone about the Turkish weddings, which have been mentioned by others, there were two in our time there and they go on until 12 ish, so take ear plugs if you are early bedders.

Rooms - extremely tired, in need of a refurb. I would say though that the cleaner was marvelous and kept everything as clean as possible. Bed and Air con were only plus points of room, fridge should have been sued by the trade description act as it was poor.

Resort - it was shocking to see how OD has been totally spoilt by tourism, when I went to OD the first time it was idillic and the Turkish people really wanted to please you, now its a case of wanting to extract as much money from you as humanly possible, yes there will be some people who like that side to it, but not when you've seen the other side to Turkey! As for Hisaronu, this resort is like the opening scene from 'the Beach' I pity anyone who finds themselves staying here, Olu Deniz will get there in around 5 years!

Eating out - there were a couple of bright spots, Buzz Bar and Grill was undoubtedly the coolest and most chilled place in OD, with the Secret Graden the best restaurant serving the most traditional Turkish food you'll find in OD. One thing that hasn't changed in 21 years is that the wine is still 'pants' with the best wine probably being Rose, but even that wasn't brilliant.

Beaches - The Lagoon should be the most beatiful area in Turkey and I can only think that when photographs are taken of this area they're taken in Winter, its now spoilt by the number of sunbeds crammed into every space - when we first went there was one row of sunbeds, if that, now there are at least five rows. We ended up further along from the lagoon, where there was more of a breeze and the water was cooler.

Overall our teenagers had a great time, but we had to work hard to enjoy ourselves overlooking some of the worst aspects of OD and the TH, I would recommend avoiding the TH and OD as the plus points are heavily outweighed by the minus points.

1 Thank Porty_48
London
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the past 2 years and have already booked to go back again.

Firstly I have to address the comments made by a few people in their reviews on the dogs. They are absolutely adorable and are actually one of the reasons we go back there. They are fantastic with the children and all the children adore them. They are not vicious at all. I can only presume that some people do not like dogs and so feel the need to be malicious.

The staff are fantastic and cannot do enough for you. They are another main reason we return here.

The rooms are in need of a refurb but I believe this is due to take place by next summer. They are however extremely clean- the maids do a fantastic job and to be fair it is extremely cheap to stay here so people cannot expect 5* accommodation as it is not a 5* hotel. The facilities are more than adequate.

The new A la carte restaurant is lovely- the food is great as is the view to the sea and the mountains. The barbeque nights are very good too - a lot of lovely food at a very reasonable price. The dogs often come and sit at our table at the barbeque night- they do not beg for food or bother anyone they simply enjoy company and certainly don't go around biting anyone there!

I am very much looking forward to my next stay here.

Stayed June 2010
Copenhagen, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I was traveling to Turkey with my family. We were actually supposed to stay at another hotel that was located just behind the Turquoise Hotel. But since we arrived earlier than expected, there were no rooms available. So the receptionist called Turquoise Hotel and asked for a room since we did not have anywhere to sleep. When finishing the call, we understand that we have to pay a certain price HALFBOARD included. But then when we get to the Turquoise Hotel, the receptionist tells us that we had to pay extra for breakfast. SO Silly! Like, first he goes by saying the price with halfboard INCLUDED. Then he suddenly decides to switch it, just to earn MORE MONEY! Like, we just agreed to pay the certain price with halfboard included, and then he comes and says that we had to pay extra. We had to cancel halfboard, so we just paid for the room. When I entered the room, I noticed how hot and HUMID the room was. And the bathroom is just......well let's just say I was glad I didn't used it that much :) It was dirty!! It was obvious that they hadn't cleaned it that well....It was a MESS I tell you.
I speak honestly: DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT. They only try to trick you. Like, first you agree with them, and then they CHANGE THEIR MINDS and want EXTRA from you... IT was truly a hell, really!!!!!!!!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR ANYONE...

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Megancrystal
Walsall
Reviewed August 7, 2010

If you go to this hotel with the aim of using it as just a place to lay your head then you will be fine.

Room : In desperate need of decoration, I never knew there were so many shades of peeling Turquoise emulsion paint!!, however in fairness to the Maid, she worked very hard to keep the room spotless. It was cleaned daily and Towels were changed whenever we wanted.
The room was extremely basic, tired and in desperate need of a refurb and the fridge barely worked.. That said, the air conditioning was perfect as was the bed.

Reception : There was only one member of staff that I can honestly say was polite, helpful and had a smile on his face whose name was Halil.
The other members of staff made us feel as though we were unimporant and were very patronising, an example of this; THEIR TWO DOGS.
We witnessed one of their German Shepherd dogs attack a visitor and actually bit him to the point where the visitor had to run into the unattended reception area for protection. (Later in the week we saw the other dog snap at a member of the bar staff who was trying to move it away from some children after the dog's evening drink from the pool).
We enquired after the wellbeing of the bitten man, only to be met with a smile and a comment that the dog had been in a bad mood but has since had his sedation! The dogs are well known by the locals as being vicious and we were told that they had actually attacked a 6 year old child on the main strip.
The hotel were not bothered and refused to deal with the dog problem so we reported it to the TC rep on the Coach returning to the Airport. She actually reported it to her superiors immediately.
It would have made it easier for the predominantly English speaking guests, if there was at least one point of contact who had good English but I did not find anyone.

Pool area: Many people contracted Ear infections. The cleaning chemicals are put in the pool in the early morning. The pool opens at 07:00 and the doctor stated that in his opinion, the chemicals may not have disapated and could have contributed to the infections.
The "Towels on sunbed" situation is the worst that we have come across anywhere!. The hotel refused to deal with the issue by allowing people to reserve both the sunbeds and also the bean bags on the lawned area with towels for the whole day without using them. When I approached the manager with my complaint he said that he could not remove the towels as people would moan.. I actually pointed out to him that I was moaning then!!!
It would appear that Turkish holiday makers are favoured as the staff will not remove their towels. They are also served immediately at the bar while othe nationalities have to wait.
To relieve our frustration, we had to go out and purchase Lilos to ensure that we were not lying on the floor. From our experience the hotel is geared around Turkish holiday makers which is absolutely fine, however I believe that we should have been made aware of this before booking.
Every Saturday there are Turkish Weddings taking place on the Lawned area, which also spills into the poolside area.
The staff have no problem removing the towels from the beanbags and sunbeds for this purpose from 14:00, This is all done without informing the holiday makers. So Saturday is lost around the pool, as are a further 2 days because of evening entertainment. Again fine if you are aware of this before you book.

Entertainment.:.Too Loud and repetitive. The music quiz had the same questions in the second week as the first. We won!
The music during the day was obviously the favourite music of the DJ and staff, which is too loud and only interrupted by the Entertainment Manager's constant droning on Microphone.
This is no comparison to the local Asena Beach Hotel which is excellent!!
It is also not a slur on Olu Deniz itself, as we believe it is the best resort in Turkey.
The beach is fantastic but budget for Sunloungers (6YTL) and Parasol (5YTL) per day.
The lagoon is worth a visit but it gets VERY hot.
You will never have a bad meal in the OluDeniz resort, Joseph's, Captain Hooks & Bella Gusto (try the "Potted Mushrooms" Starter!) are my personal favourites.
Take the local's attention with a pinch of salt you will love it.

I would never recommend the Turquoise Hotel to any of my friends or enemies as their attitude was beyond belief. All they want is your money...... We asked if they had a facility to post our postcards, they said they did and took them.... They never reached England.. Again, was it just too much trouble?...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JimFalvey
england
Reviewed August 6, 2010

On arrival we were told by the reception staff that only 2 of our 3 rooms were ready we assumed this ment that one room was still being cleaned. But what the very rude lady on reception ment was that we could only have 2 rooms, she wanted 9 of us to stay in 2 rooms for 2 nights because the hotel was over-booked. She offered to compensate us for the inconvenience. We looked at the rooms and refused this offer, after arguing with the receptionist who lacked basic people skills and manners, she found 3 rooms. The family room was fine but the other 2 rooms were shabby with broken furniture, light fittings hanging from bare wires and no space for a cot, then to top it of we were given the cots my 6 month old baby and my 1 yr old niece were expected to sleep in. They were broken, had sharp splinters of wood and covered in cobwebs, when we complained to the receptionist she asked what she should do with it my husband replied BURN IT!
After wasting 3 hours trying to get the rooms we paid for we approached the manager who was very helpful and sorted it all out. He found us adequate rooms and gave us brand new travel cots.
For the rest of the holiday we had an amazing time, obviously the staff knew what had happened and they went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our time at the hotel. The staff are a credit to the hotel; they work very hard day and night. Always happy, smiling and polite, well everyone apart from the lady on reception who didn’t smile or say hello once throughout the holiday!!!
Hotel Food
The breakfast in this hotel is not brilliant and the chef could do with a lesson in how to fry an egg but what there is, is edible and well presented (full English is available at the snack bar at extra cost). We only had one evening meal in the hotel and this was quite nice. The hotel is going to be a 4* all inclusive next year so I presume the food will be of a higher standard with more choice.
Turkish Bath
We didn’t use this in the hotel but should we return this is a must as I’m told it helps get a deeper longer lasting tan. I did have a medical massage special thanks to Durmush, I hurt my back on the 2nd day and someone recommended it. Well it worked and was a lovely way to spend an hour.
Dogs
The hotel has 2 big Alsatians as pets, during the day they are very friendly and spend most of the day asleep but they seemed to change come the evening, we saw them chase a few people. Not nice if you are afraid of dogs. I feel should if this hotel wants to be 4* the dogs are not appropriate and should go!
The manager later told us the hotel is to undergo a major refurbishment (it needs it) once it closes for the winter, with all the rooms, restaurant and reception area being done to a 4* standard.

We took our 6month old and she loved the whole holiday and the Turkish people loved her they would stop us in the street to look at her, shop owners would give her bracelets and trinkets with the protective eye on. This is just their way and is done in a very friendly manner.
If you are taking a baby I would recommend taking as much powdered milk as you can as this is very expensive and brands such as SMA and Cow & Gate are unavailable.
Restaurants and Resort
The resort is set is beautiful surroundings with mountains all around, the beach is shingly so surf shoes are a must. I didn’t go to the blue lagoon but the rest of my party did and they all agreed it wasn’t worth the trip and not how it looks in the photographs.
We ate out and JOSEPH’S and OTTAMAN’S both these restaurants are excellent value for money with plentiful menus and a lovely atmosphere. We ate at SULTAN AHMET one night despite the rave reviews in my opinion it was overrated, the food portions were small and the restaurant lacked atmosphere.
Goodbye
As we were coming home all the staff came to wave us off and there was even some tears! The manager helped carry our cases and gave us some bottles of water for the journey as it was sooooo hot!
The staff and manager at this hotel made our holiday and I would defiantly love to return once the refurbishment is done to see how the hotel has improved.

south england
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Complete mess up on rooms.Other guests had the same problem.The hotel is very clean,not so sure about the cleanliness of the pool,my daughter caught a very bad ear infection.I have read other reviews stating just this.There are no showers to use before entering the pool,so you have to enter the pool wearing sun cream/oil and sand when returning from the beach..The buffet food is not very good at times. The a la carte restaurant is superb.
The photographer is an absolute pain,but he does take nice photos!!The girls on reception are really unhelpful and rude.Goog luck if you have any dealings with them.The men are the complete opposite cannot do enough for you.
I am sure you will enjoy a stay at the hotel as long as you have rooms when you arrive.