“BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!”

Ranked #20 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Dalton in Furness, null, United Kingdom
“BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Me & my partner and 3 girls (aged 17,14 & 8) have just returned from 10 days at Club Orka Hotel & Villas. We stayed in a Villa (402) which was really close to the cocktail bar and pool. The music did go on until the early hours but that was not a problem for us as most nights we were there! The villa itself was amazing, very spacious and immaculately clean. We had a large living area/kitchen, downstairs bathroom, 3 bedrooms and upstairs shower room. The maids came in daily and were very efficient. We mainly used the pool with the slide which was really clean. We managed to get sun loungers as we were there really early most days. My youngest daughter went to The Kids Club a few times and really enjoyed it, Jasmine was really good. We had a Turkish Bath on the 1st day for £10 which I would highly recommend. We stayed half board. The breakfast was not too bad but the evening meal was really good and always plenty of choice. The Turkish night and BBQ night are worth going to. The staff are all amazing and really friendly and helpful.
Whilst in Turkey we went to the Aquapark which was ok. They were only 6 slides for older kids but it was only £10 to get in so not too bad. Kids enjoyed it! Me & my eldest daughter went paragliding off babadag mountain which I would definitely recommend. Costs about £58 each, worth every penny! We walked in Hisaronu most nights which took about 20 minutes. We also went on a boat trip, which was great, only £15 each. We went to Olu Deniz a few times on The Dolmus which was really cheap. Overall a fantastic family holiday and we can't wait to go back. We would definitely stay at Orka hotel again. Thank you all for a brilliant time :-)

Room Tip: Villas are great for families. The lower numbers are closest to the cocktail bar, higher numbers are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kaye A
ClubOrkaHotel-Villas, Guest Relations Manager at Orka Club Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, October 15, 2015
Dear Kaye,

Thank you for taking the time to review your holiday on Trip Advisor. We are very honoured for the nice compliments, and are more than happy to hear that we have a possibility to host you again. We appreciate your praise towards our staff. Furthermore, we are glad that you enjoyed our services and facilities. Looking forward to seeing and serving you soon. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Midlands
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Orka Hotel from 2nd to 18th August, quoting our 3 teenage daughters, quite simply the best holiday they have ever had! Our rooms were roomy, ours did overlook the bar area and yes the music does go on quite late, not every night I might add and it didn't bother us, we slept quite well every night. The staff were fantastic and really made our holiday. From the staff at the pool bar, restaurant and evening bar staff, they always had a smile and friendly banter throughout the holiday. We stayed half board, the food was always good quality, just a different day with another buffet. When we return, we will be opting for self catering, just for a bit more variation. The pool areas were busy for the main season, with the top pool being quieter of the two and we managed to have sunbeds on most days, without any issue.

Thank you to The Orka Hotel for giving us some amazing holiday memories and we do hope to return in the future.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank primroseberry
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for you nice words regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy that you've chosen us for your family holiday and have been pleased with our hotel and service. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed our wonderful staff. We appreciate your praises regarding our committed team and will forward your motivating words. It would be a pleasure welcoming you back once again here in beautiful Fethiye / Ovacik area. Thank you.
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed in Aug 2013 family trip. I have not been to Turkey for quite a number of years so myself and my husband looked forward to seeing this beautiful country again and introducing our daughter to the delights of Turkey. On arrival we were seen to attentively and taken to a room which as soon as we entered we knew was not big enough for three of us, the fact that none of us could move and that my teenage daughters bed was so close to our double bed we had to place the bed on its side to move about, also the balcony well my opinion was it was to small, by this time I began to feel that perhaps I was being unreasonable and was I expecting to much,were my standards to high but for me it was awful but went to bed and then that's when the fun started, now I am all up for good times and quite a loud person on occassions but we had requested no poolside room as we were aware that the entertainment went on in to the nigh on some evenings and yep we got the one room right by the entertainment, who ever sang karaoke for a total of three hours that night killed most of the songs,but when it came to the titanic song I had had enough I visted reception and I expressed my disappointment about the quality of singing lol and the close proximity to our room and I am pleased to say that the staff could not do enough for us and in the morning we were moved to the Annexe. Wow this was fantastic,loved the Annexe spacious room, lovely staff, great pool. I had requested the Annexe on booking in Jan 2013 with Thomas Cook and was told that it couldn't fit three people well it did ample room. Annex is quiet and peaceful. Thought paying 40 pounds for the safe for two weeks was a bit much.Hotel food was gorgeous could not fault it at all, we did half board. Turkish bath & spa was also great which is on site. Drinks are expensive compared to on the main drag of Hisaronu, but some nights cocktails half price. At the end of our holiday we did have a bit of a to do about a drinks bill, for drinks we did not have, we chose to pay for our drinks at the bar not to be served, it appeared that when we had changed rooms they hadn't received payment from previous holiday makers. Did'nt pay and I would not of paid on principal. The town of Hisaronu is buzzing at night, great buys to be had and nice to see that you don't have to haggle for everything, one tip and its up to you as an individual your choice but I wouldn't recommend buying the perfume or aftershave that's on the main drag of Hisaronu its loaded with scented water, and it aint no Chanel more Channel water. I recommend that you visit a chap called Elvis at Booty's Beauty Salon for all your beauty needs. Olu deniz and Fethiye market is a must and the best trip for us was the Dalayan boat trip and mud baths. Two people who worked at Orka stood out for us one was the cleaner who really did work hard and always had a good morning and smile for us the other was the chap who sorted out the move from hotel to apartment villa. Go enjoy have fun. We did.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ClubOrkaHotel-Villas, Guest Relations Manager at Orka Club Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience in Orka Club Hotel & Villas. . Your review is much appreciated, as a management team, we are delighted with your positive comments. It’s also great to hear that you really enjoyed the food in our hotel. Thank you once again for your positive feedback.

Gultekin OZOGUL
Reviewed August 24, 2013

we arrived very early in the morning and as soon as the transfer bus unloaded our luggage the bell boys were waiting and took our luggage into the hotel straight away. Didn't take long to check in and we were took straight to the annex where we were staying. Very nice and clean rooms. They had forgotten to put in an extra bed for our son but as soon as I told them it got sorted.
The orka complex is fantastic. 3 pools, one with a slide. We stayed half board and could not fault the food. Staff are very friendly and fantastic with the kids. Especially sezgin, Jimmy and haji.
Hisaronu is about a 20min walk. Good for drinking and shopping. If you like scenery I would recommend kaya village (ghost town). Cleanliness of the hotel was second to none. The gardens and pool areas were always clean and tidy. Rooms were cleaned daily. If your after a quiet holiday stay in the annex as its 10 mins walk from the main hotel. And we always managed to get sunbeds.
All in all I would recommend the orka club to all my friends and family and would not hesitate to go back.

2 Thank karrotsi
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. We will definitely share your thoughts with our team since it motivates us to achieve higher levels of guest service. I will pass your regards to Mr.Sezgin, Mr.Hagi and Mr.Jimmy and I am sure they will be delighted to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed with husband & two children in 3 bedroom villa. Got back last nite & wish we were still there.... Villa great although classed as self catering, not really able to cook. This didnt matter though as food soooo cheap & such big portions ;0) Staff amazing & so friendly. We became really good friends with Steve & Muzzy who both work around the pool in the day & at the al a carte restaurant in the evening. They work VERY long hours & should be highly commended as they have always got smiles on their faces & always ready to help with anything you need. Recommend excursions - Jeep Safari, Cruise the Blues & Dalyan Delight. Will definitely be keeping in touch with Steve & going back to see everyone again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience in Club Orka Hotel & Villas. We will forward your compliments to our staff you mentioned. Look forward to your next stay
Warmest Regards,

Gultekin OZOGUL
Edinburgh
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 and very impressed with the villa accomodation for the price. We asked for a villa beside the slide pool and it was! Number 418 is a perfect location, right beside the pool and far away from the noisy upper bar area.

The villa was cleaned every day and was plenty room for 4 people. Little bit tired round the edges in places and small things like bathroom shower silicone just done over badly and broken lamp shades slightly let it down but bright and clean and tv, dvd and 2nd bathroom downstairs made up for it.

We were self catering so cannot comment on food at Orka as never ate there but was great base for the 2 week stay. We ate in both Ovacik and Hisaronu and there is plenty of choice.

Favourites are Aubergines, Smile, Shanghai Blue and you can't beat the smaller traditional restuarants on the hill on the way down the hill.

The water park is a 10 minute walk out of Orka, left towards Fethiye. Only about 6 slides but great fun for half a day.

The jeep safari is a great day out and lets you see a lot of sights. Bit whistlestop in places and not for small children. Be prepared to get very wet and dirty but well worth it. We went with Cadianda Tours through Pioneer. They have a few booking points in Hisaronu and we also did their boat trip. Book the smaller boat (max 30) as the really big ones look like the cram you in.

There are a few beaches to choose from and the dolmos drivers will drop you off at any of them. Just ask when you jump on. Stop is right outside Orka but they will stop anywhere if you stick you arm out.

We went to Sugar Beach on the lagoon, which is is sand and the waters shallow. Ideal for small children. Free entry but usual payment for sunbeds etc and nice place to get something to eat.

We also went to the National Park beach. You pay to get into the park but not a lot.Beaches are busier and shingle but water is great and there are wooden platforms you can swim to. We hired canoes and went round the lagoon and seen a loggerhead turtle close up.

This was our second trip to Turkey and still love the scenery, the people and the food. Ovacik is slightly cooler than Olu Deniz as you get the mountain breeze and views are stunning. Will defo be back one day after exploring some new places.

Room Tip: Defo get a villa. 418 and similar numbers are near the lower pool but they are all well laid out and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank smiler72
Dear Guests,

We appreciate your review here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for telling us your opinion regarding your recent stay. We are thankful for every kind of feedback we receive as it helps us a lot to identify the areas that need improvements. As a service provider, it is our main goal to meet our guests' needs and provide them with a memorable holiday experience. Your comment gives us many hints and improvement suggestions that we will consider for our continuous quality measures. Looking forward to seeing and serving you soon. Thank you.
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay at this hotel we stayed at the orka village but we were allowed to use the facility's in the orka hotel as it was ideal with two teenagers. When u use the poolside bar u r asked if u want to charge it to ur rooms r u can pay as u go a few days we payed as went .so one off the days I said I pay the tab at the end of the day so at the end of the day I got the bill and noticed about 4 extra drinks on it called the waiter over we sorted it shuck hands still give him a decent tip didn't want to fall out with anyone .the next few days we went back to pay as u go no problems until r last day ordered a taxi coz we were going to marmaris 4 the next 10days got in the taxi next thing STOP were u going They said told them and then they said u not paid ur bill.what bill I said .
Got out of the taxi u can't imagine how small me and the wife felt went back into the reception they got the bill up on the monitor for us to see there were acouple of ice cream large coke some thing else about 18 lira it was. Told Them It's not ours told them what had happened the over day about the over charging .after calling them a few things nothing nasty as they were still trying to say it's r bill and tryin to make out we were tryin to do a runner over 18 lira don't think so . After a few mins a threw 20lira told them to stick it there u no what . If I had time and there wasn't a taxi out side we would be still there arguing well the wife would be .they followed us back to the taxi tryin to give us r money back and wanted us to tell them who over charged us the over day be real we're not here to get any sacked
As I say never felt so small in my life made to look like a thief coz that's what they made us to b .I can only hope that the 20 lira they robbed from me doesn't go into the till of the orka hotel coz it's not there's give it to one of the kids selling things on the streets and put another 20 with it then I'll b happy. That's my experience of the orka hotel 4star hotel don't think so handled the problem
like a back street hotel .my tip pays as u go

11 Thank Mancity4life
Dear Guests,

We deeply regret that your stay in our hotel hasn't been that pleasant. Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. As a service provider the wellbeing and wishes of our guests are our highest priority. We all do our best in order to provide a memorable holiday experience and therefore we are very thankful for your comments. We will use your comment and share it with the relevant departments in order to keep our focus on the guests and improve our service quality. It's our hope that you'll decide one more time in the future visiting us again so that we can convince you with our improved services. Looking forward to serving you soon. Thank you.