“Lovely Hotel - Food Abysmal”
Review of Alize Hotel

Alize Hotel
Ranked #25 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed July 1, 2007

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and daughter between 22nd June and 30th June. This is a lovely hotel as has been covered by previous postings – except for the FOOD. I booked a week all inclusive after reading the reviews on this site despite the negative reviews about the food by some contributors. We have been to four other A.I. hotels in Side and Kusadasi where the food was excellent. We prefer local food when travelling and avoid ‘English food’. Sadly, the food served was abysmal in content, variety and presentation. The food was covered with cling film in an effort to keep off the flies – with little success. I can’t ever recall visiting a hotel in any country with flies on the food in the numbers present here. Not only did you have to fight the flies but on two occasions dead cockroaches were to be seen around the restaurant floor. Needless to say many people ate out in the resorts restaurants despite being all inclusive. Other guests who were regular visitors to the Alize told us they had noticed a marked deterioration in the food over the last three years.
Overall a lovely hotel let down by the food. If visiting this resort again I would only return to the Alize on a bed and breakfast / self catering basis

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank colinandkathdudley

Reviewed June 23, 2007

Recently arrived back from hotel Alize, with my husband, my two children aged 2 and 11, and my parents. I must start with complimenting the hotel. The location is great, virtually around the corner from all bars, shops and restaurants. Within a ten minute walk to the beach. It is set in beautiful surroundings with lovely view of the mountains.
The staff are all very friendly and approachable, especially the bar and entertainment staff, whom you can have a real good laugh with. The hotel is kept impeccably clean, with a daily maid service. There is a great size pool and also a separate baby pool. A pool slide, which I must add only opens for two hours a day (3pm-5pm). I was impressed with the comfortable mattresses on every sun bed and also an umbrella to every bed.
When we arrived there had been a problem with the entertainment staff therefore we spent three or four days with little or no entertainment. However, Arkam arrived and things did start to improve, with activities for the children such as darts and pool games throughout the day and varied entertainment on the evenings (not always great but passed the time).
The drinks as you would expect on all inclusive left a lot to be desired. The lager was drinkable but you would probably have to drink it for three days solid for it to have any affect on you!! There was obviously the local spirits on offer but I was upset when I asked for a Malibu or Martini and was told I would have to pay.
Now I must move on to the food, which in my family's opinion was appalling!!!! There was absolutely nothing which my two year old daughter would or could eat. They did offer pizza in the snack bar but she could not eat that for two weeks. My son lived off Spaghetti bolognaise which was on offer every day for either lunch or dinner. There was a large selection of salads which were constantly covered in flies. The breakfast consisted of eggs, eggs, or more eggs, or you could have some cardboard tasting cereal with some luke warm milk. For adults as the saying goes "it tastes like s**t but you can live on it!" did appear to be true in this instance, BUT I could not subject my children to such poorly presented and horrible tasting food, which is why after the first few days we opted to eating out. As a family having gone all inclusive in various places for a number of years and this is the WORST food I have ever been presented with. After complaining to the restaurant manager to no avail, we then took it up with the hotel manager. We requested that there be something added that the children could eat, i.e. fish fingers, chicken nuggets etc. He assured us that he would speak to the chef and there would be food for the children. This never happened!!
I would most defiantly go back to this hotel but only if it was not all inclusive, or stay somewhere else in the resort of Oludenez, as it is a beautiful place, with a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2007

Stunning resort, lovely hotel.
Staff are very helpful and friendly and good looking haha
Food is great value for money, rooms are spotless.
Plenty to do for all ages, very safe for kids.
Set in the mountains it is stunning and peaceful.
Avoid the ground floor bedrooms as they are a bit dark.
Perfect week in the sun

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank katebuk1
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Thought id writes a review for this place - I’ve been three times now and the most recent time was for 2 weeks. While the food is not brilliant it is 3star. You read reviews of people complain about the food thinking they'd paid for 5star food.

Disappointed Daisy was not there this year but was replaced by Tammy who was just as nice.

Errol is still there and just as crazy as always.

The rooms are always very well cleaned and the staff are always very polite.

I used the Barbers/Hairdressers at the hotel to get my head shaved twice and they did a fantastic job both times.

I regard this hotel very highly

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank markrobbo
Reviewed May 27, 2007

i can not fault the hotel its fantastic the pool and the hotel rooms are fantastic but please do not waste your money going all inclusive to this hotel you are wasting your money i have just returned from a two week holiday in oludeniz at hotel alize the food for two weeks has been discracefull we have paid to go all inclusive and have eaten out for 12 of my 14 days so the money we saved goin all inclusive we had to spend on food so verry dear overall every guest in the hotel was complaining please this is just my and 50 other peoples views but do not waste your money some old people said the food in the war was better in the olden days if you like like gruel then chance your luck

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank bricrewe
Reviewed May 27, 2007

we have just returned from this hotel and just can't wait to go back. It was our 6th time in Olu Deniz but this hotel has to be the best. The staff were great, so friendly and helpful. Thanks to Errol, Carl, Denis, Tammy and all the great staff at this hotel for the wonderful time we had. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean, lovely gardens and is in a beautiful spot right next to the mountains. We had two grandchildren with us this time and it was perfect for them, they enjoyed every minute. There are activities throughout the day and mini disco and shows every night. All I can say is WE WILL BE BACK.
Patsy.

1  Thank patsyann4
Reviewed April 24, 2007

my wife and i stayed for two weeks ,everybody and i mean everybody bent over backwards to make our stay as good as you are ever going to get ,loved it so much taking daughter and family back in julymany thanks to errol sonia and the full entertainment team for real treat all the entertainment was top class ,but must say all the staff and agents who each in their own way participated in making it a truly great holiday ,(was even given a local nickname they called me dalaman cos i got no hair lol)

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family