“average- needs more variety of food and more friendlier staff!”
Review of Alize Hotel

Alize Hotel
Ranked #22 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Surrey
“average- needs more variety of food and more friendlier staff!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

just got back from a week at the alize- upon arrival after a long journey the reception staff were very friendly and welcoming and we were taken to our room immmediately. the rooms are very basic but clean and as we were only using the rooms as a base we weren't too bothered that the room was rather small! Maids veyr friendly and made beds and clean towels most days. The air-conditioning wasn't great but as we were there at the end of september this wasn't too much of problem, however if we had of stayed in july/august I think we would of struggled!! the food was very average- im not a fussy eater and will try anything but me and my cousin both struggled with the food, it was very repetitive as it tends to be in all inc resorts but chicken chips and rice gets very boring after a while! a bit more variety wouldn't go a miss.

found the staff not particulary friendly (except the receptionist and maid staff) particulary the bar staff, who made it feel like it was a chore to serve u, i can understand that they are tired coming to the end of the season but working in customer service myself I know that a smile goes along way..

pool area very nice didnt really have a problem with sunbeds but i can imagine it being an issue in the height of the season.

despite the cons olu deniz is a really beautiful place and worth visiting- nothing really stands out that would make me stay at alize again unfortunately, such a shame as despite me pointing out the bad things I had a really fab holiday!! and quite a few people that i spoke to whilst we were there said that they wouldn't go back and it had been there 4th or 5th visit- goes to show how standards have slipped..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank chloe21x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Turkish first
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My memories of Oludeniz have been shattered since returning. I had been to Oludeniz twice previously, sadly it has become a very "Brit culture" kind of destination now. The hotel itself was okay at best. No bad incidences to report but there's nothing particularly nice about it. It's quite a small hotel, so it isn't ideal if you are not all inclusive and planning to spend a lot of time there. I was pretty bored by the time I left after one week. The rooms were clean and serves their purpose. The shower however, was tiny and a bit awkward to try and have your shampoo and body wash it now as the door are solid structure but there's nothing to put your cleaning stuff on that's the floor. The food has obviously been adjusted for the unadventurous brit so is kind of at a cheap cafe standard. The waterslide was brilliant and we always found I sunbed each. I would recommend visiting the blue lagoon as it is beautiful. And for a bit more culture and insight into Turkish life, I would recommend visiting Fethiye market. The hotel doesn't really have anything wrong with it, it's nice enough and serves its purpose however, I think it has catered to the Brits abroad crowd too much!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Anne D
scotland
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Recently back from Alize hotel-first timers.Found all the staff helpful and friendly from maids to managers.Some of the entertainment didn't appeal to us but we appreciate they need to cater for all tastes and ages and the entertainment guys worked very hard.The food was plentiful and offered a good choice-especially enjoyed the bbq dish every night and the freshly made omelettes.The rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels and the communal areas(bar,resturant,pool area,foyer etc)were always clean with staff working hard to keep it that way.Enjoyed a turkish bath in hotel spa and prices very reasonable for treatments.The hotel is ideally situated near everything but not noisy.Friends who were with us had newer rooms(Ithink 501-510),more modern and with dvd player but no view from balcony(although they were a bit bigger)Would recommed hotel although don't think we would go back but that is because we prefer self catering

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

To quote the website- "With its gorgeous mountainous backdrop and tranquil location, it's no surprise that the stylish Alize is a popular choice for couples and families seeking a relaxing break. Hotel rooms are centred around the inviting pool area, so you won't have far to venture to enjoy a refreshing dip. If you prefer to explore your surroundings you'll find yourself just 350 metres from all the resort's amenities, including the famous lagoon"
To be truthful- yes, its has a gorgeous mountainous backdrop, however it is NOT tranquil (a lot of the rooms back on to neighbouring resorts and are centred around the pool) NOR stylish (in the process of upgrading, so the ground floor is lovely and once finished it will be stylish) NOR relaxing (week of 20th sept-27th, children should be back at school, no ? !!) Hotel is centred around the pool so if you do like to have a lay-in of a morning do not expect one...
It is in a good location away from the strip but close enough to be there in a couple of mins.
The hotel is fine for a base,it's definitely not a 4 star though, and the beds were like sleeping on a coffee table, DO ask for soft pillows! to be fair we were on the ground floor at first in a twin room that was lovely- nice beige decor, flat screen tv, DVD player and really comfy beds HOWEVER someone throwing up outside our balcony and screaming wheres your f*****g bag/key on our first night caused us to ask for a move, so we were moved to a double on the 3rd floor that had matching psychedelic curtains, bedspread, couch cover etc, a portable t.v and rock hard beds- we later found out that its being upgraded from the ground floor up.
THE BEACH IS NOT SANDY! nevertheless-
There is a free shuttle bus running between 9am-1pm to the Seahorse beach (part of the Blue lagoon)- SAND, but not as we know it! More like ground quarry sand, that if you do decide to dig into you'll find is mud and rocks underneath. THE BLUE LAGOON IS BEAUTIFUL.
The entertainment is relentless from morning until night- water aerobics, darts, pool volleyball etc and you don't have to get involved but because there is only one pool and its next to the amphitheatre you can't help but to hear it, or the feedback from the sound system.
The food was ok, shame there were not more traditional dishes however there were chips everyday!!!!!!!!! A big salad bar and a choice of sweets. Travel to Fetiye on the Dolmus for a real kebab-unbelievably delicious! Shame they don't do those in the hotel.
Overall the HOTEL was FINE, it is such a shame that some of guests were selfish, noisy, and inconsiderate to others seeing that it is a small place.
Every morning the waiters would ask if I was ok or if I had a hangover (I don't drink)?! It is unfortunately the impression they have been given by some of their English guests.
I don't want to be unfair as there is nothing wrong with the hotel, the STAFF ARE GREAT-helpful, polite etc and the rooms are fine, Oludeniz is pretty and there are some really great things to do and see- horse riding, boat trips, Fetiye old town and the harbour there.

4 Thank cattigermeow
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Another wonderful fortnight spent at the Alize. The food was just as good, the service in the restaurant fantastic and spotless rooms. However the main reason for returning to the Alize was Erkan and the entertainment team. We needed somewhere that we could just chill and that's exactly what we had. You don't have to join in but your holiday will be more fun if you do. I would agree with an earlier post with regard to the dartboard and table tennis bats but these things are minor. I would go back tomorroiw if I could.

2 Thank barbara_bone
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just got back from our holiday in Olu deniz and our stay in the hotel Alize. I truly thought this hotel exceeded all of my expectations. I found the location perfect, 10 minutes from the beach front and 5 minutes from local restaurants and bazaars etc. A taxi firm were nearby if ever the need to wonder away from oludeniz into Fethiye and beyond. The hotel staff were brilliant and very welcoming. The food throughout the day was great - to my tastes - lots of fish,chicken, veg, fruits, breads and plenty of desserts. My boyfriend fancied a late night snack - after venturing down to the main area he even came back with a cheeseburger at 5 past midnight!!! If you like to get involved with activities they had regular water polo events in the pool and a morning water aerobics class. If not, the views from the sunbed were lovely and a few steps away from the inclusive bar. We went here mid september and were told that this is the best time as the weather is just perfect and the noise at a minimum. Would definitely recommend and would love to go again!!

Room Tip: We had a top floor balcony room which was just beautiful for views of the sea from the front and the...
Milton Keynes
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had statyed in the Alize August 2011 and loved it so much we returned with our family this year. Sadly I must agree with a previous posting that standards had slipped and the hotel was a bit grubby and needs a bit of TLC. I dont agree with previous reviews saying that the food has improved since last year as I found there to be less choice.
The staff were as friendly as ever and this is what makes this hotel worth a visit. Erkan the head of the entertainment team is lovely he has such enthusiasm for his job and makes every day fun for all the family. I never felt pressured to join in but he always said hello and remembered the children from last year.
Oludeniz is a lovely resort and we will definately be back but will be trying another all inclusive next door. We wish we could bring Erkan with us :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ampitheatre.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family