“We like to visit”
Review of Alize Hotel

Alize Hotel
Ranked #25 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We visit this hotel every summer. As I had a look at the reviews about this hotel, I decided to write a review this year.
We have a daughter of six years. The hotel is quite is safe, enjoyable for her. The staff is very helpful and never ignores our demands. They even arrange some special food for her. This is one of the most important reasons why we are here every summer.
We start the day with a good selection of foods for breakfast and fresh cooked omelette is our favourite. As a regular client of Alize, I don't agree with the people who claim that they cannot find anything to eat. Lunch and dinner are open buffet system and there is always something to eat. In every buffet, you can find the selection of turkish and international food including red an d white meat, vegetable, chips, rice, soup etc. Every dinner they cook one or two main course in front of the customers outside of restaurant as barbeque or fried. You can also find many types of different salads, starters and deserts. And I can tell that very clearly they all are very tasteful.
Animation team and especially the head of the team ERKAN is amazing.They start the activities soon after the breakfast with water aerobics. And then it goes on with different water games, darts, balls etc. Every evening they do mini-disco for children and after that SHOWTIME !!! They perform their own shows and some nights of the week proffessional groups are invited to perform their shows in the amphitheater. Among these, turkish folk dance, russian revue, turkish bellydancer, african acrobats and fireshow are those which I could catch during my stays in the last 5 years.
Also, the hotel has a large swimming pool with water slide. Water slide is open for 2 hours in a day and I think this period is satisfactory for our daughter. The pool is always clean and clear and this is also one of the main reasons of staying here.
Rooms and all other places are kept very clean. Room maids are working very hard and we don't have any problem about cleaning and towel changing.
Hotel director Mr. Murat is a kind of person you can contact with in any case and he is quite helpful. This is another positive feature of this hotel for us.
So, these are the things I can write about Alize. After reading some bad reviews, I felt myself obliged to write my objective review this year. I am still in Alize enjoying the sun and delicious foods.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank nelson344
Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I ve got one thing to say .....SUPERB HOTEL SUPERB TIME...........I ve just came back from turkey and i would strongly recomend to everyone go go ALIZE HOTELLL OLUDENIZ...Very friendly staff superb food ,clean room very helpful manager .I believe he s name was murat .when you go to hotel if you have any kind of problem just ask for him,he ll sort it out for u.I was looking some of the views and i just could nt belive they ve got a bad reviews...i wonder if we r talking about the same hotel.There was nothing wrong with breakfast.U get nice turkish breafast.dont look for egg and bacon traditonal english breakfast.dont forget u r in turkey.u dont need to spend extra money in the restaurants.we r going there again in september.good value for money..U CANT GO WRONG WITH ALIZE..........

ALSO ITS IN GOOD LOCATION

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Me my partner and our 5yr old daughter just got home from 2weeks at the alize and we loved it. The staff were all friendly and welcoming and all work hard and very long hours!
I was worried about the food from previous reviews but the food is lovely, at breakfast my daughter loved the scrambled egg and had various meat and cheese with it. Lunch and dinner always had lots to choose from. Chips veg rice and soup is always out along with all sorts of salad and delicious deserts. And that's before u choose the various meat dishes and the lasagna is delicious.
We had room 403 and couldn't fault it, it was cleaned daily and although the shower leaked if the floor mat was still wet the maid bought us round a fresh one. It was newly furnished and my friend had a older room above us which could do with a update.
The entertainment team were great especially Rasul, my daughter loved him and was so friendly and funny. After other reviews tho i was abit confused about why people thought Erkan was so great, he did work hard but he seemed very stressy most of the time and really only made an effort to get to know the Turkish guests.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My friend and I went for an all-inclusive holiday to the Hotel Alize for one week at the beginning of June 2012. I have been lucky to have travelled to many places in the world and I must say this was my favourite holiday yet. The hotel is perfect! The staff are fantastic people, very friendly and accomodating; the hotel entertainers, Erkan and his staff were brilliant. All guests and staff were like one big happy family. The food was varied each day, with dinner often cooked straight off the grill. The rooms were cleaned and tidied everyday. I literally have nothing negative to say. You must see this one for yourself!! I'm already planning our return for as soon as possible!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathryn S
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have just returned from a weeks break to Turkey - which was our first visit, and we were very un-impressed by the hotel.

The staff were not friendly and helpful and the food was simply awful. I have never been anywhere before that you couldn't even find something decent to eat for breakfast! We paid for all inclusive, but all inclusive didn't mean all inclusive. They only did certain things such as fried eggs before 10am even though breakfast was until 10.30am! The snack bar consisted simply of a cheeseburger every night and if you wanted the late snack bar open from 11pm they didn't willingly offer this, you had to ask and then all you got was a cheeseburger!!!

The rooms needed refurbishing, and the shower leaked all over the floor, the light switch didn't work, and the balcony could just about fit one person on comfortably! The maids also didn't change the soaking wet floor towel just left it there, and even after complaining most days you didn't seem to get anywhere.

The worst thing for us as a family was you couldn't sit and relax by the pool as they had the LOUDEST MUSIC playing all day with an entertainment guy shouting through the microphone, it was so loud you couldn't hear yourself speak! When you asked them to turn it down they ignored you.

The only bar was by the poolside which had no airconditioning and considering it was over 40 degree's it was unbearable at times, and they didn't have enough seats for everybody.

Also the toilets by reception were not cleaned and replenished regularly, so very often you would go down to use the facilities and there wouldn't be any toilet roll or hand towels!!!

Also the rooms were so close together and nosey you were woken suddenly in the night due to loud drunken people! So if you want a peaceful relaxing break Alize is not for you!

On a plus side Turkey - Olu Deniz is very pretty and you must visit the blue lagoon national park beach which costs 5 t.liras to enter and then 18 liras for two sunbeds and an umbrella, but where beach shoes as pebbly! The sea horse beach is also worth a visit, with a great bar out of the sun and friendly staff. Also do one of the boat trips, use a local company as cheaper we booked our excursions through Pegas on the left hand side down the main strip - olu deniz.

If you like adventure then definetly do the paragliding, this was fantastic and certainly worth the £50 pounds.

Also if you love shopping then visiting the Feyithe Market on a Tuesday is worth a visit - go early though as it is SO hot! And take english money as they prefer this and give you a better deal.

We ate out at Cousins restaurant a few times whilst we were there, this is great does really nice food, all freshly cooked and a very good price - from the hotel up to the end of the road turn left about 4 shops down. You will find all the restaurants and bars slightly cheaper off the main strip and only few minutes walk.

I loved Turkey but shame the hotel let it down. My advice would be not to do all inclusive as the food is terrible and it is so cheap to eat out it's not worth paying the extra money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor as a very nosey hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Samantha_asapiano
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We actually came here in Aug (2010) We are a young couple (aged 24). This hotel was in a great location but a little noisy with too many kids for our liking! Our room was tiny and directly above the pool and kids club which opened every morning at 9am with loud music. We were all inclusive which was pointless when there are so many lovely places on your doorstep to eat at incredibly low prices. The food was adequate, nothing to write home about. Alcohol was watered down rubbish with very limited choice. However, I must say that when I was ill with food poisening the hotel phoned a doctor and allowed us to keep our room till our departure free of charge.

The location is brilliant. I love Olu Deniz and have been 3 times in total. The Blue Lagoon is stunning and there is plenty to do in Olu Deniz and up the hill in Hisaronu (very cheap on a dolmus). Seahorse private beach is also beautiful and there was a free bus from the hotel when we were there. The staff at Seahorse beach are lovely too, very attentive and even laid on a free taxi when we needed to go home.

We will definitely be back to Olu Deniz but perhaps to a quieter hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I have been going here for 10 years and we meet most of 'our family' [ other people that we have met and had the pleasure to become friends with at this hotel each year.
This year was even better the Management have refurbished the Restaurant & some on the bedrooms and hope to have all other rooms refurbished by next year.
They have changed the Chef and the food was 100 times better that it has been in the past.
The Management and staff including the entertainment staff can't do enough to help you.
The only downfall I found was when it rained the staff still have to put buckets in the Restaurant to catch the water- get the roof fixed!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple