All reviews turkey great holiday pool area next year great friends few minutes walk ice cream hotel is in a great location blue lagoon rooms are basic bars and restaurants jeep safari small balcony couldn't do enough double bed plenty of sunbeds all inclusive hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were told that the Akdeniz Beach Hotel was better than the 2 star plus rating it has so took the Jet2 advice and booked it for 11 nights, however on arrival at the resort and given the key and shown to our room, we then went back to reception and asked to be given a different room as the internal floor level was below the external ground level and you could smell the damp, the bathrooms in the other two rooms we were shown were just as bad as the bathroom in the first one offered to us, we settled for the 1st floor option, the food could do with more choices but as its 1 star in my view!! The wifi which i had to have for business reasons, is poor and you have to keep logging in and re-logging in (best to go to the bar attached to the hotel and auto log in with theirs and its much much faster, 10% off your meals as well as your a guest at the Akdeniz) it becomes annoying, the staff are always working hard and also having fun with the guests but the lack of daytime activities is a big shame, no attempt to put any games ie water volleyball etc there was a pool table and table tennis but not used really, a shame as it could be a 3 star, the hotel needs a complete refurb to a lot better standard than it is especially the bathrooms, not even 1 star for the bathrooms, i took photos of the first room they show us to (we rejected that but settled for a room with not much better) the rooms are cleaned 6 days a week, the general maintenance is their main concern is bodgy repairs and terrible paintwork, limescale, mismatched tiles that stand out a mile, just lazy repair work and lack of care when carrying out the repairs

Room tip: the rooms opposite the reception are in the warm shade until noon in September so its ideal to have a dose before lunch
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel a numbers of times over the years however on this occasion I wasn't very impressed .The location is perfect .The room we was given was fine apart from the bathroom .It wasn't very clean mould on the shower head and generally pretty grubby it also needed a revamp as it didnt look much better when the cleaners had been in .Beautiful views from the hotel .The rooms were cleaned every day no issues with this .The food is terrible we lasted less than I week before we started eating out. It was below standard not very tasty and not much choice .It could be a fantastic hotel but the food let's it down. If you book here I would think of it as drinks inclusive because the food on offer you cannot eat .Most of the other guest were eating out too
The staff at this hotel are really nice however one night we spotted a lizard on the wall as we were looking at it a member of staff started stamping on it and shouted Foxx oxx.We felt gutted and initially thought it was dead .We were absolutely shocked someone could be so cruel .When the worker left we checked the lizard. It was still alive but its eye was busted .The pool area is lovely and the pool is good .
Unfortunately I dont think I would return unless the food improved .

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Firstly I can totally see why people return for the staff only..amazing they spent time talking and entertaining everyone. Frankie, Freddie and Hilme absolutely brilliant!

Food we thought was very good actually many people have complained about.

We always presume basic abroad so we weren't over suprised but the bathroom was really shabby & the towels and bedding need replacing as very old. It looked like they are slowly upgrading but our room was nothing like the jet2 pictures.

Not much choice for alcoholic drinks & glasses tasted funny as they were kept on a stale alcohol soaked wooden bar.. I recommend you buy your own & use throughout your stay!

If they spent a bit on upgrading and maybe change to accommodate bed and breakfast or half board with good quality of drinks people would spend more there as staff definitely keep you there & make money at the same time as location was brilliant.

I've tried to write an honest review but we would definitely return as the staff really made the holiday memorable. I'll just request an upgraded room next time :)

Room tip: Room 320 looked lovely!
1  Thank littlebuck65
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Why anyone can give the dump any good reviews is beyond me !
Just returned after 10 nights stay and must say it was one of the worst all inclusive places I have stayed , we intended on eating out occasionally as we know the food can become repetitive, but we landed up eating and drinking out every day as the food was that bad
The rooms are tiny and dirty and we never had the room cleaned once during our stay , as for the towels they were shockingly grubby ! As for the bed sheets I am speechless !
The bathroom became very dangerous during showering and the toilet constantly dripped making it difficult sleeping
The garden & pool area were shabby and the sun beds were old and needed replacing , although they had made an awful attempt at painting them to spruce them up
The pool bar was shabby and the drinks weak watered down rubbish and surprisingly served in glasses around pool area so dangerous as people and children just left their glasses lying around
On occasions when we tried the food there were not enough dining tables and chairs to accommodate the guests so we had to sit and wait on a sun bed until 1 became available , we seen some guests eating their evening meal on their sun beds ! There are no bar stools or chairs around the bar area so you would have to walk across the pool area to the dining area on cracked tiles to have a drink with your meal and never any help or even a tray on offer !
The maintenance guy who works there is very rude telling us to move he wanted to tidy up the area , this was about 5-30 one afternoon we did not move and he grunted some obscenity’s to us .
I must say most of the staff are very nice Friendly , funny and helpful, some are clearly rude to you.
The table tennis / pool table area was awful and the so called entertainment was a total joke .
The celebrity bar on the front of the hotel was lovely , nice staff , reasonable food and prices although we never received discount as stated on the hotel leaflet.
The best point about this hole is the location near to beach , shops and bars , but please take my advice do not book to go there !

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well we arrived 6th September, wasn't expecting luxury just clean and tidy would do. We are not fussy people and not really complained! We stayed on the ground floor and room was ok, the towels were something to be desired (not white and old). Air con worked fine, but the smell from the leaking toilet was disgusting the smell would wake me in the night it was that strong. The pool was ok and outside area needs an overhaul. There's nothing positive I can say about the food it was dreadful and that's all I have to say about that!
The one positive I have is for the staff (not reception staff) especially Freddy and Frankie. Unfortunately for them they've got nothing to work with at this hotel!! They were always polite and funny, well done lads.
We love Olu and have been coming since 2007 and wouldn't stop us coming, I just made a boo boo. I defo WOULD NOT recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family