“Not what it is cracked up to be”
Review of Yalcin Hotel

Yalcin Hotel
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Sheffield
“Not what it is cracked up to be”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Spent two weeks here, when first rung, this Hotel said a Room with Breakfast, Air Con & T.V was 60 lira per night. Never saw the promised TV at in in the two weeks there.
For the second week the owner put up a notice saying special price for October Holidays, so asked if I would get that special rate. I worked it out to be about 30 lira per night. When I came to pay the Bill I was very bearly charged the 60 lira rate, & only on saying I asked about the special rate, I got charged 50 lira per night.
After one week I had to speak to the Owner & say my bed had not been changed & fresh bedding put on.
I agree with the most recent posting, if you were a regular, you seemed to get better treatment, as there seemed to be many repeat bookers, not that this bothered me, but it would be nice to think we all got treated as equals.
I travel to turkey at least three times a year & mostly to either Ovacik or Hisaranou, but do not think I will be making a repeat visit. Wish I could be more positive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank lulabellsheffield

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Having read all the reviews we decided the Yalcin should be a lovely hotel. I couldn't have bee more wrong! Poor quality linen, so bad we purchased new pillows. Toilet filthy sure it had never seen a bottle of bleach. Room wasn't cleaned properly and floors not cleaned at all for the week we stayed. They concentrate on their returning clientele and don't seem interested in new guests it was very clicky. The whole place needs updating and a good clean did not like eating other restaurant as windows were dirty and for some reason had very dusty plastic fruit hanging on them! I really don't understand why a people go back the and time again unless the 'regulars' rooms are s much better. Everything was cheap and tacky, I don't mind basic but this was very below average, and as a frequent traveller have lots to compare it with.
Will not return or recommend?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shaz711
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

From the minute you arrive, everybody is made to feel welcome. The rooms are clean and adequate, the locality spot on and the atmosphere fantastic.
The number of guests we spoke to who keep coming back year and year and some several times a year only highlights the nature of the hotel.
Eric and Robbie do a fantastic job in the smooth running.
This was our first trip to the Yalcin and it certainly won't be our last!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Steve_Poppitt
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I loved every minute of my stay here, the room was clean, the food was gorgeous, the staff are helpful and make you feel at home and it is right in the centre of the town! There is never a dull moment at the Yalcin, you are a 2 minute walk away from the centre of Hisaronu where there are lots of places to eat and book trips. There are also clubs near by if you fancy a night out. However if you fancy a night in at the hotel, you won't get bored as there is entertainment every night! The staff at the hotel are lovely, very welcoming and happy to help you. I would love to go back next year as it has been the best holiday I have ever been on!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank C96
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Have been coming to Hisaronu for the past 15 years, of which the last 5 have been spent at the family run Yalcin Hotel, i can honestly say i wouldnt want to go anywhere else. Erkan and Ridvan (Eric and Robbie) and all the staff make you welcome from the moment you arrive. The entertainment is great, all credit to Robbie who works his socks off. The apartments are lovely, spacious and very clean, the cleaners will come when you want them to, just put your key in reception. There is a night watchman (which not all hotels have) Durmus who is a real charector. The restaurant, well what can i say, i have eaten in many over the years but really cannot beat the food at the Yalcin it is superb, chef is the best. Am now counting down the days till we return.

2 Thank donna w
kent
Reviewed August 28, 2012

this was our first time at the yalcin and it wont be our last. the hotel is small and friendly. their hospitality is second to none. the staff make this hotel nothing is to much trouble. the food is excellent. the entertainment is excellent. we cant recommend it enough.

Room Tip: if you are travelling as a family book one of the newly refurbished apartments they are very nice
1 Thank june c
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was our first visit to Turkey and what a fantastic time we have had. On our arrival at the Yalcin we were greeted by several staff who introduced themselves and shook our hands, which was really nice. Throughout our two weeks stay the staff couldn't do enough for us, always remembering everyone's name and having a laugh with us all, they all work extremely hard to make sure you are having a great time. The atmosphere throughout the Hotel is the best I have ever stayed in. Can't wait to go back next year.

2 Thank Kerry B