The previous comments by "It is what is says on the tin" just about sums Ocakkoy up.
We have now been three times over the last 6 years, and the boys have graduated from the children's pool to the adult pool.
Relaxing, friendly, unique... no wonder so many of us keep returning there! I have met families that have returned 6/7 times... and so quiet and peaceful, at the top pool, but lots of kids enjoying themselves in the larger family pool (out of earshot completely). If it weren't for BBQ nights you would never know there were other families there!
All the staff are friendly, although I was a bit worried initially when I found that the ownership had changed last year... but nothing to worry about... all as good as ever.
One member of staff deserved of a mention is Tourgai (probably wrongly spelled) who runs the adult pool bar and restaurant and is a very good backgammon player. He has replaced Mugio, who is "in the army now" doing nat service, and anyone who remembers Mugio, rest assured that you will continue to be well looked after.
This year we booked direct again (saves a fortune!!!) and it all runs smoothly, although the transfer didn't arrive... not their fault. A taxi at an agreed price was actually slightly cheaper so no problems.
My one slight criticism is the restaurant, which is not as adventurous as some others and whilst we sometimes eat there in the evening, we tended to use the Yakamos next door (around a 1000 mtre walk) It is truly superb (and they give you a lift back to the hotel).
We love Ocakkoy, and have already decided we will return, although we NEVER go to the same place twice (although there are always exceptions)
PS Don't tell anybody else about this place... we don't want it to get busy do we!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Those who have been to Ocakkoy once admit that this really exists. To be in love with a place where nature is still allowed to remain nature, where time seems to have come to a standstill and where a respectful attitude towards the environment has resulted in the creation of an idyllic holiday environment. The holiday village of Ocakkoy lies close to the Lycian coast, halfway between Fethiye and Oludeniz, arguably the most beautiful beach in Turkey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Ocakkoy Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocakkoy Holiday Village Hotel Oludeniz
- Ocakkoy Holiday Village Fethiye