We have just returned from a lovely week. We had all the quiet we needed high up on the hill overlooking Ovacik. We probably wouldn't have chosen to go in the school holidays as we don't have young children and the poolsides are fairly well populated. However, we were out and about. There is a path to the main road. No need for a car if you can walk up and down hill for about 7mins. The longest we waited for a minibus(Dolmus), was only 5 mins, even after midnight. We took a torch for the walk back. We walked out through the restaurant to the quiet roads down to Ovacik. It took no more than half an hour's walk even though it was hot! We didn't try to walk over the hill to Fethiye but we heard it is worth it, probably when it is cooler. Ocakkoy could have been another Kayakoy, just a ruin but to have the opportunity to stay in these quirky old cottages with their variously sloping floors and experience them is rare as they are an endangered holiday option. Not for those who want the room service phone, TV or minibar but it soon will be a smart, shiny new, holiday anywhere formula, set of villas. Same old, same old.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Those who have been to Ocakkoy once admit that this really exists. To be in love with a place where nature is still allowed to remain nature, where time seems to have come to a standstill and where a respectful attitude towards the environment has resulted in the creation of an idyllic holiday environment. The holiday village of Ocakkoy lies close to the Lycian coast, halfway between Fethiye and Oludeniz, arguably the most beautiful beach in Turkey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocakkoy Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocakkoy Holiday Village Hotel Oludeniz
- Ocakkoy Holiday Village Fethiye